Calling it now.

During advertisement for Halo 5, “classic” will be the word.

They are gonna talk SO much about how this game plays alot more like Halo 2/3 than Reach or 4. They, I think, will finally realize that the “core” Halo community wants actual Halo. These massive changes just are not going over well. Sure, change is necessary, thats why there are 100 different ways to order chicken. But at the end of the day, it should still be chicken. Ya dig?

Bookmark this, and tell me im right in 2 years.

Thats what they said about Halo 4.

You think 343 is going to remove all the new core gameplay implementations they’ve added over a fraction of the population who demand classic halo mechanics?

hahahaha. no.

if they go back to 2/3 that will be the final nail in the coffin. that play style is dead. gone.

halo is gone. it had a good ride. now it will only be mediocre and not great.

> You think 343 is going to remove all the new core gameplay implementations they’ve added over a fraction of the population who demand classic halo mechanics?

Yes. Maybe not all of it, but a huge portion.

The “fraction” you are talking about greatly outnumbers the current player count. There are millions of people who played the hell out of Halo 3, bought Halo 4, and just DON’T play it. Thats not how a company continues to make money. They must realize that if they advertise something like Halo 4, its sales will be absolutely awful.

> During advertisement for Halo 5, “classic” will be the word.
>
> They are gonna talk SO much about how this game plays alot more like Halo 2/3 than Reach or 4. They, I think, will finally realize that the “core” Halo community wants actual Halo. These massive changes just are not going over well. Sure, change is necessary, thats why there are 100 different ways to order chicken. But at the end of the day, it should still be chicken. Ya dig?
>
> Bookmark this, and tell me im right in 2 years.

Um there is no “core” of the community. There is just the community. No one part of the millions of people is more important than the other parts.

> > You think 343 is going to remove all the new core gameplay implementations they’ve added over a fraction of the population who demand classic halo mechanics?
>
> Yes. Maybe not all of it, but a huge portion.
>
> The “fraction” you are talking about greatly outnumbers the current player count. There are millions of people who played the hell out of Halo 3, bought Halo 4, and just DON’T play it. Thats not how a company continues to make money. They must realize that if they advertise something like Halo 4, its sales will be absolutely awful.

There are also tons of people who avidly played Halo 3 and now 4, too. I enjoyed all the Halos, and for me, Halo 4 still feels like Halo. If Halo stayed the same and never introduced new mechanics, it’d be no better than its rival fps games.

There are fixes 343 needs to make and matchmaking updates on the way. All of the Halo games started off a bit rough in the multiplayer aspect. Halo 2 had a lot of glitches, and Halo 3 used to have so many flawed AR then melee battles. They’ll all improve as the game goes.

> > You think 343 is going to remove all the new core gameplay implementations they’ve added over a fraction of the population who demand classic halo mechanics?
>
> Yes. Maybe not all of it, but a huge portion.
>
> The “fraction” you are talking about greatly outnumbers the current player count.

Me thinks you missed some math lessons. Ima correct you there and say that a fraction is not bigger than a whole number like you are trying to suggest. Halo 2 and 3 were fun. But we have moved on. My friends and I do not want to go back to that. You cannt make changes and then go back to what was. Halo 2 style of game play is dead.

LOL nope. Halo reach was the bench mark of halo changing. this furthered in halo 4. If you think halo 5 is going back to classic then your lying to yourself. IMO halo 4 is great. To me everytime a new halo game is released its 2X better then the last. Infact the only thing that really held halo reach back was bloom and AL. Whats holding halo 4 back? hard to say really. halo 4 can stand to get better. But i can’t think of one big thing thats downing halo 4.

its fun to pretend isn`t it?

I`ll make my own prediction, halo 5 will be the best halo ever made.

> LOL nope. Halo reach was the bench mark of halo changing. this furthered in halo 4. If you think halo 5 is going back to classic then your lying to yourself. IMO halo 4 is great. To me everytime a new halo game is released its 2X better then the last. Infact the only thing that really held halo reach back was bloom and AL. Whats holding halo 4 back? hard to say really. halo 4 can stand to get better. But i can’t think of one big thing thats downing halo 4.

Random Ordnance.
Random weapon spawns on map.
Horribly designed vehicle combat.
Unbalanced weapons.
Lack of file share.
Lack of custom game options.

DMR is a crutch.
BR and Carbine suck.
Pulse Grenades suck AND you only spawn with one.
Plasma Pistol is arguably OP to start out with.
Plasma Pistol + Plasma Grenades is horrendously OP.
Start with camo, you might as well start with overshield or damage/speed boosts.
Boltshot is a poor concept.

> > LOL nope. Halo reach was the bench mark of halo changing. this furthered in halo 4. If you think halo 5 is going back to classic then your lying to yourself. IMO halo 4 is great. To me everytime a new halo game is released its 2X better then the last. Infact the only thing that really held halo reach back was bloom and AL. Whats holding halo 4 back? hard to say really. halo 4 can stand to get better. But i can’t think of one big thing thats downing halo 4.
>
> Random Ordnance.
> Random weapon spawns on map.
> Horribly designed vehicle combat.
> Unbalanced weapons.
> Lack of file share.
> Lack of custom game options.

The first 2 are a matter of opinion.

vehicle combat is fine. there are ways to counter stickies and the PP.

If anything the weapons sandbox would be the one thing 343 got right.

They are aware of the fileshare issue and are working on it.

They said in a podcast they can add more custom options but bugs/glitches are top priority right now.

As ive said i can’t think of 1 BIG thing. Most things that are complained about is just a matter of prefrence and not an actual issue.

Bloom didn’t work the way it was supposed to and invincibility is just a bad idea in any FPS. (halo reach)

> > LOL nope. Halo reach was the bench mark of halo changing. this furthered in halo 4. If you think halo 5 is going back to classic then your lying to yourself. IMO halo 4 is great. To me everytime a new halo game is released its 2X better then the last. Infact the only thing that really held halo reach back was bloom and AL. Whats holding halo 4 back? hard to say really. halo 4 can stand to get better. But i can’t think of one big thing thats downing halo 4.
>
> Random Ordnance.
> Random weapon spawns on map.
> Horribly designed vehicle combat.
> Unbalanced weapons.
> Lack of file share.
> Lack of custom game options.
>
> DMR is a crutch.
> BR and Carbine suck.
> Pulse Grenades suck AND you only spawn with one.
> Plasma Pistol is arguably OP to start out with.
> Plasma Pistol + Plasma Grenades is horrendously OP.
> Start with camo, you might as well start with overshield or damage/speed boosts.
> Boltshot is a poor concept.

Doble reply FTW.

DMR is fine. LR is better at range.

BR sucks? i guess all my kills don’t count for anything. also the carbine is fine. I get tripps against DMR users.

Pulse grenades are AMAZING. Your bad at using them. If you spawned with 2 you would get way more kills.

PP start is fine. same with plasmas. ways to counter them bro.

Actually many people suck with camo. If you fall for a camo user you probably have poor eye sight.

Boltshot is fine.

> The first 2 are a matter of opinion.
>
> vehicle combat is fine. there are ways to counter stickies and the PP.
>
> If anything the weapons sandbox would be the one thing 343 got right.
>
> They are aware of the fileshare issue and are working on it.
>
> They said in a podcast they can add more custom options but bugs/glitches are top priority right now.
>
> As ive said i can’t think of 1 BIG thing. Most things that are complained about is just a matter of prefrence and not an actual issue.

No, it’s not a matter of opinion. Once you introduce “random” into the equation skill vanishes. People moan about random crits in TF2 all the time, and for good reason.

Yeah, and there are ways to counter a rapid fire rocket launcher. Doesn’t make it balanced, especially when compared to the alternatives you can use.

You can’t be serious. The DMR is too easy to use for the reward it gives and yet is still mostly inferior to the lightrifle. The Boltshot is a get out of jail free card or a camper’s wet dream. The Carbine tries and fails to be a close range weapon, the BR blows compared to the DMR. The Automatics are balanced with each other but the precision weapon balance is horrid.

Should’ve been shipped with the game.

Perhaps.

> Actually many people suck with camo. If you fall for a camo user you probably have poor eye sight.

People don’t strain their eyes 24/7 to look for camo users, and camo users can crouch in place to be absolutely invisible on the radar. It’s a horribly balanced unlock that I have used to reap many a kill.

> Plasmas have a counter bro.

Oh, do tell.

It’s hard these days to keep a formula fresh and new in this day and age. I still think Armor Abilities should have been a pick up.

> > The first 2 are a matter of opinion.
> >
> > vehicle combat is fine. there are ways to counter stickies and the PP.
> >
> > If anything the weapons sandbox would be the one thing 343 got right.
> >
> > They are aware of the fileshare issue and are working on it.
> >
> > They said in a podcast they can add more custom options but bugs/glitches are top priority right now.
> >
> > As ive said i can’t think of 1 BIG thing. Most things that are complained about is just a matter of prefrence and not an actual issue.
>
> No, it’s not a matter of opinion. Once you introduce “random” into the equation skill vanishes. People moan about random crits in TF2 all the time, and for good reason.
>
> Yeah, and there are ways to counter a rapid fire rocket launcher. Doesn’t make it balanced, especially when compared to the alternatives you can use.
>
> You can’t be serious. The DMR is too easy to use for the reward it gives. The Boltshot is a get out of jail free card or a camper’s wet dream. The Carbine tries and fails to be a close range weapon, the BR blows compared to the DMR. The Automatics are balanced with each other but the precision weapon balance is horrid.
>
> Should’ve been shipped with the game.
>
> Perhaps.

Yes it is. You can harp about skill all you want. Not everyone plays hyper competitive. Halo was a casual series for the lack of a better word before MLG walked in. You can always make your watered down gameplay in forge.

Uh yes it makes it balanced. thats what counters are for. Poor example.

the DMR is fine. no one -Yoinked!- about it in reach. Its good at what its made for. Long range. The boltshot punishes people who chase. You should never chase in an FPS. your asking to get whipped. There is PV+ nades for campers.

the carbine is a medium range weapon. nothing is wrong with it. If the DMR is so much better i would be using it a lot more. The BR is good at what its made for.

> Yes it is. You can harp about skill all you want. Not everyone plays hyper competitive. Halo was a casual series for the lack of a better word before MLG walked in. You can always make your watered down gameplay in forge.
>
> Uh yes it makes it balanced. thats what counters are for. Poor example.
>
> the DMR is fine. no one -Yoinked!- about it in reach. Its good at what its made for. Long range. The boltshot punishes people who chase. You should never chase in an FPS. your asking to get whipped. There is PV+ nades for campers.
>
> the carbine is a medium range weapon. nothing is wrong with it. If the DMR is so much better i would be using it a lot more. The BR is good at what its made for.

Even casuals don’t want to play this game because it’s a giant random spamfest. Or at least, Infinity Slayer is. The numbers don’t lie, make up excuses about the population all day.

The only way you can counter it is with teamwork. That doesn’t make it balanced.

It was the only precision weapon in reach disregarding the Needler rifle, and it had bloom to boot. In Halo 4 it’s slightly inferior to the light rifle and better or equal to all at medium range.

And again, you can’t be serious about the BR/Carbine. I’ll stick to my four shot weapon because it requires me to hit less shots.

Halo 5 will now be introducing random crit system. Just saying

Also, “Hyper competitive”? People don’t have to be “hyper competitive” to want a well rounded game. Halo 3 was well balanced and even casuals loved it.

> You can always make your watered down gameplay in forge.

No need, the core gameplay is already watered down.

> > Yes it is. You can harp about skill all you want. Not everyone plays hyper competitive. Halo was a casual series for the lack of a better word before MLG walked in. You can always make your watered down gameplay in forge.
> >
> > Uh yes it makes it balanced. thats what counters are for. Poor example.
> >
> > the DMR is fine. no one -Yoinked!- about it in reach. Its good at what its made for. Long range. The boltshot punishes people who chase. You should never chase in an FPS. your asking to get whipped. There is PV+ nades for campers.
> >
> > the carbine is a medium range weapon. nothing is wrong with it. If the DMR is so much better i would be using it a lot more. The BR is good at what its made for.
>
> Even casuals don’t want to play this game because it’s a giant random spamfest. Or at least, Infinity Slayer is. The numbers don’t lie, make up excuses about the population all day.
>
> The only way you can counter it is with teamwork. That doesn’t make it balanced.
>
> It was the only precision weapon in reach disregarding the Needler rifle, and it had bloom to boot. In Halo 4 it’s slightly inferior to the light rifle and better or equal to all at medium range.
>
> And again, you can’t be serious about the BR/Carbine. I’ll stick to my four shot weapon because it requires me to hit less shots.

yeah explains why in a public vote halo 4 beat BO2. You can -Yoink- about population all day. As long as people can still find games its not an issue.

Ill be nice. List the things your having troubles countering. Ill help you.

I can be serious about the BR/Carbine. me and my friends get plenty of kills with them And we are above average players at best. 4 shot? you mean the LR. thought you were saying the DMR was the best.

halo 4 has more variety out of box then any MLG game variant. Let me make this simple. When i say watered down i mean MLG. they remove a bunch of elements in the game to make it “competitive.” If you ask me if you can’t play well with default settings then i don’t know how these players can be considered good.