Call for unity

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

The older, newer, and In between fans of this series need to be on the same page with keeping this Battle Royale -Yoink- out of our game. I’m tired of seeing BR propagandists on this site and others pushing for a compromise and pressuring 343 when they should be listening to us. “Battle Royale would be fine in a separate gamemode” comments are enabling the problem. Absolutely NO capitulation whatsoever! Warzone and Firefight are good enough gamemodes that can be improved upon. Seeing this narrative being shoved down our throats like we need this sugar addicted crowd of squeakers is sickening to say the least. These people came out of nowhere flooding Halo topics en masse and we need to call them out and put a stop to it. Let 343 know that Halo fans won’t stand for it, and let’s bring Halo back, together.

I’d change the title of this post. This is the exact opposite of unity lol.

And this is coming from someone who also does not want BR in Halo.

The problem with this post is you assume that everyone has to have the same opinion as you or they’re wrong or not “real fans”. People are allowed to have different views on the route infinite should take with regards to BR.

And for the record, I’d prefer an expanded invasion mode with a 100 player count over a BR mode and I’ve also been in the community long enough to remember talking Halo 3 theories on Bnet. That being said, if a BR mode did come in Infinite I’d at least be willing to give it a shot with an open mind.

Hell yeah! No Battle Royale for Halo!

> 2535435902217648;2:
> I’d change the title of this post. This is the exact opposite of unity lol.
>
> And this is coming from someone who also does not want BR in Halo.

You’re against it, but unwilling to speak out against it? That doesn’t make any sense.

> 2670661386182421;3:
> The problem with this post is you assume that everyone has to have the same opinion as you or they’re wrong or not “real fans”. People are allowed to have different views on the route infinite should take with regards to BR.
>
> And for the record, I’d prefer an expanded invasion mode with a 100 player count over a BR mode and I’ve also been in the community long enough to remember talking Halo 3 theories on Bnet. That being said, if a BR mode did come in Infinite I’d at least be willing to give it a shot with an open mind.

Why should non Halo fans have a say in a how Halo is made? You’ve been in the community for a long time. What is your opinion on how the Reach fans used to shoot down opinions that disagreed with the direction Halo was taking? Like abilities, bloom, etc? Apparently those features weren’t a big deal, but then we had wallhacks and a pocket shotgun, and no ranked mode in Halo 4. That’s what happens when you give in. When your mind is too open your brain eventually falls out.

> 2535407109813100;5:
> > 2535435902217648;2:
> > I’d change the title of this post. This is the exact opposite of unity lol.
> >
> > And this is coming from someone who also does not want BR in Halo.
>
> You’re against it, but unwilling to speak out against it? That doesn’t make any sense.
>
> > 2670661386182421;3:
> > The problem with this post is you assume that everyone has to have the same opinion as you or they’re wrong or not “real fans”. People are allowed to have different views on the route infinite should take with regards to BR.
> >
> > And for the record, I’d prefer an expanded invasion mode with a 100 player count over a BR mode and I’ve also been in the community long enough to remember talking Halo 3 theories on Bnet. That being said, if a BR mode did come in Infinite I’d at least be willing to give it a shot with an open mind.
>
> Why should non Halo fans have a say in a how Halo is made? You’ve been in the community for a long time. What is your opinion on how the Reach fans used to shoot down opinions that disagreed with the direction Halo was taking? Like abilities, bloom, etc? Apparently those features weren’t a big deal, but then we had wallhacks and a pocket shotgun, and no ranked mode in Halo 4. That’s what happens when you give in. When your mind is too open your brain eventually falls out.

Attacking people who are technically “on your team” makes no sense either and that’s coming from someone whos not too found of BR coming into Halo either. Kinda makes it look like your lashing out/raging.

The Halo community is dying…any post that bashes H4 & H5 will always follow up their opinions with the player count (or lack there of). We need more players in our base and we need them for more than 3-5 months. The people who have been here from the beginning (even on bungie.net wayyy back when) are getting older and not gaming as much. Facts are the facts…if they introduce a mode that will bring people over to our little spot then make it…no one is making you play it and more than likely those same people will eventually try other modes.

That being said…I dont think Halo will have a traditional ‘BR’…if anything I think 343i will put their own spin on it and make it similar to Invasion.

> 2535407109813100;1:
> “Battle Royale would be fine in a separate gamemode” comments are enabling the problem. Absolutely NO capitulation whatsoever! Warzone and Firefight are good enough gamemodes that can be improved upon.

Warzone/Firefight=Battle Royale. They are both alternative gamemodes to that of the main multiplayer and require special development. To say that BR shouldn’t be added because it would take away from the main game is like saying that Warzone shouldn’t be added. Which, while a fair point, is hypocritical in regards to game development. Battle royale has always been in halo, think back to the free for all hunger game/dayz gamemodes in custom games back in the day. While I don’t think it should take the place of invasion, dominion, warzone, etc, I do think that it would be beneficial to Halo as a whole and something that should definitely be added if it can.

> 2535407109813100;5:
> > 2535435902217648;2:
> > I’d change the title of this post. This is the exact opposite of unity lol.
> >
> > And this is coming from someone who also does not want BR in Halo.
>
> You’re against it, but unwilling to speak out against it? That doesn’t make any sense.

I’ve spoken out against it numerous times on these forums. Halo getting a BR mode would be Halo chasing yet another trend, which has not gone well for the franchise up to this point.

You missed my point though. I was trying to show you that you can’t have “unity” if you’re going to openly exclude a portion of the fan base by calling them names and demeaning them because they have a different point of view. Not to get too philosophical, but in history whenever someone brings up the idea of “unity”, they really mean “let’s unify everyone who believes exactly as we do and destroy those who oppose us”. That extreme is not present here of course because this is just a gaming franchise, but the point remains. You can’t unify a fan base if you’re going to arbitrarily demean one portion and elevate the other.

Please change the title if you can’t actually follow suit. Your like a smoker saying smoking is bad. Don’t be a hypocrite.

In response,

The reason people are asking for a Battle Royale is it is a proven game mode that a lot of players seem to like. Granted, while I like CoD Warzone, the BR scene is oversaturated in the Video Game industry. You have PUBG, Minecraft: Hunger Games, Fortnite, Apex: Legends, and CoD: Warzone. We don’t need a BR, not because it is a bad gamemode, but because it is an overused gamemode. And one that does not fit in the Halo narrative. Most of us, myself included, believe 343 should focus their attention on the core gameplay modes. Like Slayer, CTF, Infection, etc. Plus a bigger, better Warzone. I want a warzone like Star Wars Battlefront II (EA and Lucas Arts versions.) A 50 vs 50 vs all or 75 vs 75 vs all.

Let’s try to have a bit more humility when you post, OK?

Halo fan here since 2008. I want a Halo BR. However I only want one if 343i beefs up to make a separate BR team to focus solely on BR or outsource it to another studio that can handle it. It’s evident that a successful BR needs a sizeable team to fully commit and even though 343i is pretty big, I wouldn’t want their current teams to split their attention between regular Halo and a BR. I think that would simply be too much. I’m not sure why people get so triggered about Halo branching out into different genres, I think it’s a good thing. Sorry if you didn’t want to hear that from a Halo fan but you need to realize that different people like different things. Just because you don’t want a BR doesn’t mean that other people in the community don’t as well and it definitely doesn’t mean they’re not a Halo fan. I hope that’s not what you’re insinuating.

If the community can’t agree predatory microtransactions are bad, there will never be unity against a game mode.

> 2535407109813100;5:
> > 2535435902217648;2:
> > I’d change the title of this post. This is the exact opposite of unity lol.
> >
> > And this is coming from someone who also does not want BR in Halo.
>
> You’re against it, but unwilling to speak out against it? That doesn’t make any sense.
>
>
> > 2670661386182421;3:
> > The problem with this post is you assume that everyone has to have the same opinion as you or they’re wrong or not “real fans”. People are allowed to have different views on the route infinite should take with regards to BR.
> >
> > And for the record, I’d prefer an expanded invasion mode with a 100 player count over a BR mode and I’ve also been in the community long enough to remember talking Halo 3 theories on Bnet. That being said, if a BR mode did come in Infinite I’d at least be willing to give it a shot with an open mind.
>
> Why should non Halo fans have a say in a how Halo is made? You’ve been in the community for a long time. What is your opinion on how the Reach fans used to shoot down opinions that disagreed with the direction Halo was taking? Like abilities, bloom, etc? Apparently those features weren’t a big deal, but then we had wallhacks and a pocket shotgun, and no ranked mode in Halo 4. That’s what happens when you give in. When your mind is too open your brain eventually falls out.

You say “Why should non Halo fans have a say in a how Halo is made” when you referenced “this site” in your original post. Do you honestly believe there are people who aren’t Halo fans that are flocking to 343 forums with the sole purpose of trying to get a BR made for it?

Or, more likely, in your mind is someone who has a different opinion than you not a “real” halo fan?

So are we talking no BR made by 343, or no BR ever? Because I would be fine if the community wanted to make a BR in forge, cuz I would never play it, and it would never be on my main menu.
I say BR is left out of the game as a main feature, but not frowned upon for the community to create.

Battle Royals are a trend, and those who want to be popular follow trends (Or at least they think they need too.)

It’s clear that 343 hasn’t said anything on this yet, so at best this is all speculation, but I am going to tell you don’t put your hopes in the game not having a BR experience. It’s what’s ‘in’ right now (or on its way out soon) so 343 is going to want to grab people from it just like with Halo 4 being reminiscent to COD, and Halo 5 looking like a Battle Field game. It’s just how they’ve handled it since they’ve taken over.

I hope Infinite gets a Battle Royale. And btw, this thread is the opposite of “unity”

I’m glad most of you agree that it doesn’t belong in Halo. After all, nobody plays a game for the just one aspect of it. New players will want the full experience. They’ll play ranked, social, etc. They may often make demands for 343 to change certain features or weapons when they don’t understand balance. Trying to bring in different crowds with marketing is perfectly fine, like putting the Chief in Fortnite. That’s the point of advertising. The Halo 3 ads alone looked better than any star wars movie.
People should want to play Halo for the unique experience it offers; campaign, arena, firefight, and like someone else said, invasion, which would be way better than BR with large teams because a lot of people liked Reach. When the only way to attract newer fans is to give them an entire ripoff gamemode and possibly more, you’re throwing the loyalists under the bus, and showing desperation to your competition.
I’m still playing after H4 and H5. Am I and others like me going to get an entire ranked playlist without sprint? I didn’t think so. Also, most of the BR crowd is young, which means they grew up with unfinished, free to play games, riddled with microtransactions. So when the topic of “armor coatings” and other shady features get brought up, you’ll get shot down, because you’ll eventually become the minority. People that never played Halo before need to be grafted into the fanbase like the rest of us. They have to want to play Halo for what it is, not what its trying to be.

Halo doesn’t need Battle Royale…so my response is either the fans should make their own custom forge ‘br’ game-type or just go play Halo skin with Fornite’s BR. The games industry doesn’t need anymore BR games.

Can’t think of a more non-constructive way to call for unity then you yourself did.

We already have multiple threads discussing the possibilities of a BR anyways, don’t need another.