Bye H4, H5 I'm waiting for you.

I have been here since H:CE was launched and I enjoyed H4 very very much, but after some months bad things kept pushing me more and more away from having fun. All because of these matchmaking failures:

• I always have a little bit of lag. It’s not much but too much for me. I never had that on other games.

• Sometimes my bullets don’t make effect. I shoot a guy with a railgun and I see him explode and… keep running and shooting as nothing had happened. It also happens with the Carabine, DMR (I count the hits: one, two… five OK I GOT THE KILL!.. and nothing happens), human shotgun (a full shot in the head and stays fullshielded), human sniper, concussion rifle and sometimes with grenades.

• Some maps have too much power weapons and/or power weapons that combined with that map are overpowered.

• The only maps I think are really good maps are Ragnarok (taken from H3) and Pitfall that hasn’t even been released and it’s taken again from H3. All H4 original maps are between “well… it’s ok” and “oh god I hate this map”.

• DLC maps (which I paid for, and I’m not a rich person) appear too few times. I’m not interested about excuses like “oh well you have a dedicated playlist” or “not everybody has them!”. I want to play them on any playlist, at least so much time after they’ve released! I just spent my money for nothing.

• I think the playlist setup is bad. There are some gametypes that have no dedicated playlist and some playlists that include too different variants (Infinity and Pro).

• Spartan Ops. I liked SO a lot till season 1 finished. I’m not going to play all mixed chapters again and again till the end of times. I played them because I was curious about the storyline.

• Some AA seem OP, just as Damage boost and overshield (I can’t kill an overshielded enemy with 1 spartan laser shot!)

I’d appreciate if somebody could explain me why one of there reasons are not legit. I think they are all strong reasons and 343i should make something with H5 if they don’t want to see Halo become a marginal franchise.

PD. these are not the only failures but they are thos that made me get bored of H4. Player stats could be more reliable and updete instantanely, CSR could be aviable ingame, JiP could be erased…

Sorry you feel that way, good bye.

Pretty good checklist detailing the faults in Halo 4, although you can add that Join in Progress hurts the game, how CSR is only visible in waypoint, how people can back out of pregame lobbies, various glitches like active camo, new pay to win armor modifications, etc.

I agree about the maps. I’ve never liked any of Certain Affinity’s maps. Including the available DLC, there’s maybe two or three out of 22 maps that I actually enjoy playing on. The rest I just deal with because it’s what I got. In every other Halo, I’ve loved at least half the multiplayer maps.

The biggest problems with the playlists is that Infinity settings–Halo 4’s trademark–suck, yet they make up half the playable gametypes in matchmaking.

> Pretty good checklist detailing the faults in Halo 4, although you can add that Join in Progress hurts the game, how CSR is only visible in waypoint, how people can back out of pregame lobbies, various glitches like active camo, new pay to win armor modifications, etc.

The new armor mods are not “pay to win.” You obviously didn’t read Wednesday’s bulletin.

I don’t get why people make this type of threads.If you meant that you are leaving just beacuse how the game plays.

> I don’t get why people make this type of threads.If you meant that you are leaving just beacuse how the game plays.

Just to express our frustration and get 343 attention about the problems we think H4 has.

BTW I just added a last reason.

> > I don’t get why people make this type of threads.If you meant that you are leaving just beacuse how the game plays.
>
> Just to express our frustration and get 343 attention about the problems we think H4 has.
>
> BTW I just added a last reason.

I am not sure why but i actually like this more than Halo 3 it is strange lol custom games is a bit weak in this game but matchmaking feels fine

> > > I don’t get why people make this type of threads.If you meant that you are leaving just beacuse how the game plays.
> >
> > Just to express our frustration and get 343 attention about the problems we think H4 has.
> >
> > BTW I just added a last reason.
>
> I am not sure why but i actually like this more than Halo 3 it is strange lol custom games is a bit weak in this game but matchmaking feels fine

Then you’re a lucky guy. I enjoyed H4 more than h3 too but sometimes it just seems an unfinished game. And finished and polished games make people stick to it.

> > > > I don’t get why people make this type of threads.If you meant that you are leaving just beacuse how the game plays.
> > >
> > > Just to express our frustration and get 343 attention about the problems we think H4 has.
> > >
> > > BTW I just added a last reason.
> >
> > I am not sure why but i actually like this more than Halo 3 it is strange lol custom games is a bit weak in this game but matchmaking feels fine
>
> Then you’re a lucky guy. I enjoyed H4 more than h3 too but sometimes it just seems an unfinished game. And finished and polished games make people stick to it.

True the game have some flaws in some ways the game could have been rushed towards it’s release so they focused more on the singel player. idk

See you on the battlefields of H5…

> Pretty good checklist detailing the faults in Halo 4, although you can add that Join in Progress hurts the game, how CSR is only visible in waypoint, how people can back out of pregame lobbies, various glitches like active camo, new pay to win armor modifications, etc.

Not having join in progress sucks. I played halo 3 the other day on BTB, and my entire team quit except one dude.
Yeah… Fun times…

> - Some AA seem OP, just as Damage boost and overshield (I can’t kill an overshielded enemy with 1 spartan laser shot!)

1. That’s called Ordnance. AA is Armor Ability, like Jet Pack, Hologram, etc.
  2. Pretty sure you couldn’t kill an overshielded enemy with one Spartan Laser shot in Halo 3, either. That makes sense to me.
  3. Armor abilities are so difficult to balance, I’d like to see them removed altogether.

> 3. Armor abilities so difficult to balance, I’d like to see them removed altogether.

I feel like the only AAs hard to balance are Active Camo and Jet pack. Besides that I feel like they’re all relatively balanced with strengths and weaknesses.

I agree, I went back to halo 3 until halo 5 comes out.

I hate hitscan so I will just hope Halo 5 removes it again and becomes a refined version of Halo 1 2 and 3.

If the next game ends up not being Halo 5, you’re gonna have a while to wait lol.

adios, you can also add that kill cams don’t work still.

I kinda feel the same way. If only 343i would take a look at how the community reacted to Halo 3! There is a reason that we played that game for years and didn’t get bored.
And I have no hope for Halo 5. It will be an impressive game but that’s about it. The story line they are going with on this new trilogy just doesn’t interest me at all and has nothing on the original Halo trilogy. I know they want to make their own game and have to be different but I’d rather spend my money on something fun than different.

I am going to quit Halo 4 soon also. Not because it is bad. But simply because I have had my fill.

$100 has given me so much entertainment that I cannot complain.

Is it perfect? No. No game is perfect.

GTAV is going to take my time until X-1.

Forza 5 will take me until Titanfall.

Halo 4 has been on my 360 still October 2012… Not bad at all…

> GTAV is going to take my time until X-1.

I’m trying to get as much Halo in as possible, because once GTA5’s in my 360, I don’t know if I’ll be able to remove it from the drive.

No need to announce your departure from a particular game. Locked.