bye bye Invasion...

Now that it has been released that playing as an elite is gone this is probably the end of invasion. I was a bit upset when I heard this as invasion has so much potential and many Halo fans enjoyed the experience it could offer (as I in one of my earlier threads asked if invasion should return).

It could return but with different enemies- or perhaps it will return with AI in Spartan Spec Ops (they really need a new name for that).

Perhaps even a flood style invasion? who knows?!

Oh. Your. Christ. I did not think of that :frowning: But hopefully they will make some kind of SvS invasion?

If its in halo 4, then awesome. If not, sad to see it go.

You never know, maybe there’s another alien species replacement. If not then what’s stopping them from making big team objective playlists that are like Invasion?

Although i personally won’t miss it lol. I’ll admit that it’s fun, i just never played it that often

Oh well. Invasion is more of a Reach thing anyway.

Hopefully they have Invasion.

Since its a training simulation, there still lies the chance that invasion will return to test the spartans in their ability to cross enemy territories to secure their pretend data. Or something

If there was a flood-styled invasion or a spartan vs spartan invasion I’d be so happy.

I’m going to be PISSED if halo 4 doesn’t have invasion. Favorite game type.

invasion was crap anyway so good riddance

Why would removing Elites mean the end of Invasion?

Really…
Invasion would work just as well, maybe even better, with just Spartans. No real physical advantages for the “formerly-Elite” team over the Spartans…so it all comes down to mapcontrol and generally just playing better. I really don’t see why Invasion would be gone without Elites.

> Why would removing Elites mean the end of Invasion?
>
> Really…
> Invasion would work just as well, maybe even better, with just Spartans. No real physical advantages for the “formerly-Elite” team over the Spartans…so it all comes down to mapcontrol and generally just playing better. I really don’t see why Invasion would be gone without Elites.

Shows you how short sighted the majority of users are on this forum…complaining and bashing about everything…

They could probably just have Spartan VS Spartan Invasion. At least, I hope so.

Invasion would be more balanced with just Spartans vs. Spartans. As far as the “story” of the mode…training exercises would make about as much sense as stopping a random group of elites from taking some memory core thingy from someplace; or whatever else we had to do.

I still think we’ll be seeing the likes of Invasion in Halo 4. Spartan vs Spartan would be better for balance anyway. It has the potential to be a great gametype if it could get handled a little better.

There’s also no guarantee we won’t be seeing Firefight come back as a Spartan Ops mission too. We don’t know all of the details yet though so until that time comes this is all just speculation.

I would expect us to be getting some serious amount of info in the next bulletin to clear up a lot of the questions coming in from the leaks.

> Oh. Your. Christ. I did not think of that :frowning: But hopefully they will make some kind of SvS invasion?
>
> If its in halo 4, then awesome. If not, sad to see it go.

Yeah, Invasion was one of the most addictive playlists in Reach. So much fun was had… I loved it even more than BTB.