By god the cycle is continuing!

First there was Halo CE.

Then Halo 2 came out which made significant changes from Halo CE and received a ton of hate (remember halo2sucks.com?)

Then Halo 3 came out which was just a very well polished Halo 2 multiplayer.

Then Reach came out which made significant changes from 3 and received a ton of hate.

Now Halo 4 is coming out which seems like a very well polished Reach multiplayer.

See what I’m getting at here? By this theory Halo 5 will try and significantly change from 4 and we’ll have to wait for 6 to polish that up. That is unless we break the cycle…

> That is unless we break the cycle…

Someone better call Commander Shepard.

OT: Every Halo game has had hate. People hating on H4 is nothing new.

> Then Halo 3 came out which was just a very well polished Halo 2 multiplayer.

Clearly you played a lot of Halo 2.

> > That is unless we break the cycle…
>
> <mark>Someone better call Commander Shepard.</mark>
>
> OT: Every Halo game has had hate. People hating on H4 is nothing new.

Ahahahaha! This made me laugh.

But really, we should all remember that this is 343i and not Bungie. The cycle could already be broken for all we know. Maybe a new cycle taking it’s place, maybe not.

We’ll all find out November 6…

If you break the cycle the universe will explode.

Every. Single. Halo. Game. Has. Had. TONS. Of. Hate.

Every single one. Halo 2 “ruined the series”, Halo 3 “ruined the series”, Halo: Reach “ruined the series”, and now Halo 4 will “ruin the series”.

There’s too much hyperbole and overreaction.

You have people who start with Halo 3 and think that’s the best Halo game.

You have people who start with Halo 2 and think that’s the best Halo game.

You have people who start with Halo: Reach and think that’s the best Halo game.

No. Matter. What. 343i’s. Does. With. Halo 4. PLENTY. Will. Still. Hate. It.

The cycle will always continue. Because that’s how gamers are… Fickle, far too emotional and very, very entitled (Because 1,000 people want THIS, everyone else should have to want it too!).

This is a never ending cycle. All videogames deal with it. It will never stop.

> Every. Single. Halo. Game. Has. Had. TONS. Of. Hate.

Well I wasn’t so much talking about the hate issue as I did with each other entry changes the multiplayer and the subsequent one polishes it

> > Every. Single. Halo. Game. Has. Had. TONS. Of. Hate.
>
> Well I wasn’t so much talking about the hate issue as I did with each other entry changes the multiplayer and the subsequent one polishes it

That’s never happened. In any videogame. Ever.

Every Halo game has had tons of new features introduce that “ruin the series”.

There’s no way to win with gamers. Especially when there are millions of fans.

You change nothing, it gets called out for not being innovative and rehashed piece of junk.

You change something, it gets called out for not being “true” to the franchise, and that the incoming changes “ruin the series”.

I will personally send you 100,000 dollars if any game receives 100% positive feedback. Because with my 10+ years of gaming and using online forums, every single game I’ve ever played has been a broken, horrible experience.

> There’s too much hyperbole and overreaction.

It’s funny because it’s true. Specifically right at 0:48.

I’m pretty sure come November I will never say “4 sucks, bring back Reach.”

You can hold me to that, I promise I won’t.

> Every. Single. Halo. Game. Has. Had. TONS. Of. Hate.
>
> Every single one. Halo 2 “ruined the series”, Halo 3 “ruined the series”, Halo: Reach “ruined the series”, and now Halo 4 will “ruin the series”.
>
> There’s too much hyperbole and overreaction.
>
> You have people who start with Halo 3 and think that’s the best Halo game.
>
> You have people who start with Halo 2 and think that’s the best Halo game.
>
> You have people who start with Halo: Reach and think that’s the best Halo game.
>
> No. Matter. What. 343i’s. Does. With. Halo 4. PLENTY. Will. Still. Hate. It.
>
> The cycle will always continue. Because that’s how gamers are… Fickle, far too emotional and very, very entitled (Because 1,000 people want THIS, everyone else should have to want it too!).
>
> This is a never ending cycle. All videogames deal with it. It will never stop.

Not true, I’ve played every single Halo game right when it came out and I love Halo Reach’s multiplayer the most, but for Campaign I prefer Halo 2. :slight_smile:

> I will personally send you 100,000 dollars if any game receives 100% positive feedback.

You sir owe me 100,000$. I just created a game called turbo sticks and all 100% of the audience (1 person, me) says its awesome. Never said it had to be well known, or had to be a video game, just a game >:3

> > I will personally send you 100,000 dollars if any game receives 100% positive feedback.
>
> You sir owe me 100,000$. I just created a game called turbo sticks and all 100% of the audience (1 person, me) says its awesome. Never said it had to be well known, or had to be a video game, just a game >:3

Ohhh, SNAP SON!!!

He just got Lawyer’d!!!

> I’m pretty sure come November I will never say “4 sucks, bring back Reach.”
>
> You can hold me to that, I promise I won’t.

And there are hundreds of thousands who will say completely different things.

“Halo 4 sucks, I’ll be going back to Halo 3”

“Halo: Reach sucks, I’ll be going back to Halo 2”

Etc.

There will absolutely, 100%, never, until the end of time, be a form of media that everyone agrees on. Movies. Books. Music. Theatre. Videogames. TV Shows. Art.

It’s sad, but it’s true. Every subsequent game will have plenty of people who hate it. Who knows, you might be the one who hates Halo 4 and loves the way Halo 5 is turning out. Then you’ll have to deal with all the overreaction bull that I do now.

Every Halo received hate for one reason or another:

Halo 1 - Repetitive environments in campaign (The Library, urgh), you could argue that the multiplayer revolved around one weapon.

Halo 2 - The cliffhanger ending, glitchy multiplayer (BxR, super jumps and all that), the homing rocket launcher was way too effective, too much aim assist in all weapons in general. Those goddamned Jackal Snipers.

Halo 3 - No Elites as fightable enemies in campaign, co-op campaign was quite laggy, not everyone welcomed equipment, people argued that multiplayer maps weren’t as good as they were in Halo 2 (personally I’d consider both to be about equal).

Halo 3: ODST - No Elites as fightable enemies in campaign (or firefight) again, co-op campaign was a bit better but still lagged which kind of ruined Firefight for some, was overpriced at launch, relied too much on Halo 3 tech which was starting to age quite badly as this point.

Halo: Reach - Armour abilities, bloom, maps are often proclaimed to be the worst in the entire series (I would feel inclined to agree on that point), heck just go look in the Halo: Reach forum, I’m sure there will be hundreds of threads complaining about this and that.

But at the same time, each Halo game has received its own praises:

Halo 1 - Gave the original Xbox a great kickstart, amazing enemy AI for its time. Multiplayer is still played to this day.

Halo 2 - Another great campaign, multiplayer matchmaking revolutionised console multiplayer as we know it (can you think of any games that don’t use a matchmaking system of some form?), multiplayer kept going even when Halo 3 was released, up until Microsoft killed it.

Halo 3 - A good, conclusive end to the original trilogy while still leaving things open, Forge, Theatre, highly polished multiplayer despite what the critics say.

Halo 3: ODST - Had a pretty solid campaign, Firefight was a welcome addition. Probably the weakest in the series but still a decent game.

Halo: Reach - Campaign was in a different direction to the other Halo games, trying to make the Covenant seem intimidating and more alien than they were in the past. Firefight and Forge heavily expanded upon.

So yeah, this “cycle” is true for every game really - each game has its praisers but also its critics. Some people think Halo 3: ODST is the best in the series, others think it’s the worst.

> > Every. Single. Halo. Game. Has. Had. TONS. Of. Hate.
> >
> > Every single one. Halo 2 “ruined the series”, Halo 3 “ruined the series”, Halo: Reach “ruined the series”, and now Halo 4 will “ruin the series”.
> >
> > There’s too much hyperbole and overreaction.
> >
> > You have people who start with Halo 3 and think that’s the best Halo game.
> >
> > You have people who start with Halo 2 and think that’s the best Halo game.
> >
> > You have people who start with Halo: Reach and think that’s the best Halo game.
> >
> > No. Matter. What. 343i’s. Does. With. Halo 4. PLENTY. Will. Still. Hate. It.
> >
> > The cycle will always continue. Because that’s how gamers are… Fickle, far too emotional and very, very entitled (Because 1,000 people want THIS, everyone else should have to want it too!).
> >
> > This is a never ending cycle. All videogames deal with it. It will never stop.
>
> Not true, I’ve played every single Halo game right when it came out and I love Halo Reach’s multiplayer the most, but for Campaign I prefer Halo 2. :slight_smile:

You misunderstood my post to a fairly large degree.

No, not every single person will fit the criteria (Notice how I said “You have people” and not “Every single person”).

Now what my post actually meant was that every videogame, even Halo, will have to deal with people who hate it. Millions of people, and every single one agrees on something? That will never happen in something that is as subjective as videogames.

It’s like saying that everyone will love/hate a certain new chocolate flavor (Taste is a very easy to explain this with). Does someone like chocolate? Does someone hate chocolate? Yes. There are always two sides to anything this subjective.

This cycle will continue to the end of time. For every videogame. Ever.

I would like to tell a little story since it’s something similar.

Back when I used to play World of Warcraft there was an upcoming patch that was going to nerf Warlocks. And boy were the Warlocks having none of that. They pulled out all the stops and set up an ultimatum. If Blizzard nerfed Warlocks they were going to quit playing World of Warcraft entirely. Hundreds of people signed it and pledged that they too would quit.

Nerf goes through.

Some time after that Blizzard introduced the ability to view a character’s gear online.

Some time after that the petition hit it’s one year anniversary and someone decided to go down the entire list of signatures, all several hundred of them, and find out who was still playing the game. They could do this by typing their name into the online character viewer. If it didn’t turn up a name, they quit and the game auto-deleted their characters after a year.

Turns out, that out of nearly everyone who said they would quit didn’t. Only three people out of the hundreds that said they would, actually quit.

> Ohhh, SNAP SON!!!
>
> He just got Lawyer’d!!!

I’m aiming it at you Ranger, give me a reason…

> > Ohhh, SNAP SON!!!
> >
> > He just got Lawyer’d!!!
>
> I’m aiming it at you Ranger, give me a reason…

Let’s not do something we’re gonna regret later…

Raise’s Middle Finger YOUR MOTHER!!! Runs away, attempting to escape Shotgun blast

If Reach is revered like Halo 2 is now I will laugh so damn hard.