Buying your way to the top

So it’s been said that we will never be able to outright buy stuff like armors and whatnot from challenges, etc… but what about how it looks that we will be able to buy the in game currency and use that to skip ahead in the battle pass? Sure, I’m not buying the armor with real money, I’m buying the in game money to buy the levels which give me the armor.

Knowing how a lot of games that use these battle pass systems work, I’m betting earning cR in game will be just slow enough to make people want to spend real money to get it faster.

I noticed this as well and really didn’t expect it. To be honest I wouldn’t even have minded it if they didn’t state that you can’t buy your way through the battle pass.
Lets assume that it’s only there to be able to unlock everything while testing and will not be in the final version.

This is to be expected with a multiplayer with a F2P model, it has to make money somehow

> 2533274816257608;1:
> So it’s been said that we will never be able to outright buy stuff like armors and whatnot from challenges, etc… but what about how it looks that we will be able to buy the in game currency and use that to skip ahead in the battle pass? Sure, I’m not buying the armor with real money, I’m buying the in game money to buy the levels which give me the armor.
>
> Knowing how a lot of games that use these battle pass systems work, I’m betting earning cR in game will be just slow enough to make people want to spend real money to get it faster.

Armor doesn’t effect gameplay in any way shape or form so spend away if your so inclined, are you genuinely worried someone will have an armor or skin before you do ?

Most other battle passes i see though ibclude actual weapons and ither gameplay effecting stuff. This seeme to be purely cosmetic. And they said the passes wont ever expire.

> 2535406126289417;4:
> > 2533274816257608;1:
> > So it’s been said that we will never be able to outright buy stuff like armors and whatnot from challenges, etc… but what about how it looks that we will be able to buy the in game currency and use that to skip ahead in the battle pass? Sure, I’m not buying the armor with real money, I’m buying the in game money to buy the levels which give me the armor.
> >
> > Knowing how a lot of games that use these battle pass systems work, I’m betting earning cR in game will be just slow enough to make people want to spend real money to get it faster.
>
> Armor doesn’t effect gameplay in any way shape or form so spend away if your so inclined, are you genuinely worried someone will have an armor or skin before you do ?

no he’s worried that if 343 were so willing to stretch the truth on buying armor, what else will the stretch it on?

> 2535406126289417;4:
> > 2533274816257608;1:
> > some stuff
>
> Armor doesn’t effect gameplay in any way shape or form so spend away if your so inclined, are you genuinely worried someone will have an armor or skin before you do ?

No, the concern is more about the cost of it and how much money they are going to overcharge people for an in game currency. The other portion is that if you don’t earn xp for completing a game like it is currently in the flight battle pass, the only way to unlock battle pass levels is through challenges. That means you have to earn the cosmetics. They specifically said that you would not be able to buy stuff that players had to earn, and while this isn’t buying the stuff directly, it’s buying the in game currency to bypass the challenges to get the cosmetic, which really decreases the value of earning something through playing the game.

> 2533274847845259;6:
> > 2535406126289417;4:
> > > 2533274816257608;1:
> > > So it’s been said that we will never be able to outright buy stuff like armors and whatnot from challenges, etc… but what about how it looks that we will be able to buy the in game currency and use that to skip ahead in the battle pass? Sure, I’m not buying the armor with real money, I’m buying the in game money to buy the levels which give me the armor.
> > >
> > > Knowing how a lot of games that use these battle pass systems work, I’m betting earning cR in game will be just slow enough to make people want to spend real money to get it faster.
> >
> > Armor doesn’t effect gameplay in any way shape or form so spend away if your so inclined, are you genuinely worried someone will have an armor or skin before you do ?
>
> no he’s worried that if 343 were so willing to stretch the truth on buying armor, what else will the stretch it on?

They’ve already said it’s all cosmetic only. As long as it is ‘stretched’ to other cosmetics - who cares? Buy it if you want, don’t buy it if you don’t.

> 2607664605677189;8:
> > 2533274847845259;6:
> > > 2535406126289417;4:
> > > > 2533274816257608;1:
> > > > So it’s been said that we will never be able to outright buy stuff like armors and whatnot from challenges, etc… but what about how it looks that we will be able to buy the in game currency and use that to skip ahead in the battle pass? Sure, I’m not buying the armor with real money, I’m buying the in game money to buy the levels which give me the armor.
> > > >
> > > > Knowing how a lot of games that use these battle pass systems work, I’m betting earning cR in game will be just slow enough to make people want to spend real money to get it faster.
> > >
> > > Armor doesn’t effect gameplay in any way shape or form so spend away if your so inclined, are you genuinely worried someone will have an armor or skin before you do ?
> >
> > no he’s worried that if 343 were so willing to stretch the truth on buying armor, what else will the stretch it on?
>
> They’ve already said it’s all cosmetic only. As long as it is ‘stretched’ to other cosmetics - who cares? Buy it if you want, don’t buy it if you don’t.

You’ll pay in money or you’ll pay in far more time than you realistically have (if earning cR is anything like hitting 152 in halo 5)

> 2533274847845259;6:
> > 2535406126289417;4:
> > >
>
> no he’s worried that if 343 were so willing to stretch the truth on buying armor, what else will the stretch it on?

And to eb fair this is a legitimate concern
343 have a history of lying or at the very least not being completely honest with theirt business practices yeah?
Sure they’ve come out and said “no BR” and they’ve said “you won’t be able to buy certain cossmetic items in store” but the cold hard truth is that they only have so much control over that
So even if they were to be true to their word with say, the new hyabusa(sp?) armour and not amke it avilable to purchase -Yoink!- cna always swoop in and go “your game is F2P, we need money back on our investment” and BAM! Hyabusa is suddenly on the store for $15

It WILL happen people, get comfortable with it now so you’re not disapointed later

> 2533274847845259;6:
> > 2535406126289417;4:
> > > So it’s been said that we will never be able to outright buy stuff like armors and whatnot from challenges, etc… but what about how it looks that we will be able to buy the in game currency and use that to skip ahead in the battle pass? Sure, I’m not buying the armor with real money, I’m buying the in game money to buy the levels which give me the armor.
> > >
> > > Knowing how a lot of games that use these battle pass systems work, I’m betting earning cR in game will be just slow enough to make people want to spend real money to get it faster.
> >
> > Armor doesn’t effect gameplay in any way shape or form so spend away if your so inclined, are you genuinely worried someone will have an armor or skin before you do ?
>

It’s a free game so he/she isn’t losing any capital except some time to find out .

> 2533274816257608;9:
> > 2607664605677189;8:
> > > 2533274847845259;6:
> > > > 2535406126289417;4:
> > > > > 2533274816257608;1:
> > > > > So it’s been said that we will never be able to outright buy stuff like armors and whatnot from challenges, etc… but what about how it looks that we will be able to buy the in game currency and use that to skip ahead in the battle pass? Sure, I’m not buying the armor with real money, I’m buying the in game money to buy the levels which give me the armor.
> > > > >
> > > > > Knowing how a lot of games that use these battle pass systems work, I’m betting earning cR in game will be just slow enough to make people want to spend real money to get it faster.
> > > >
> > > > Armor doesn’t effect gameplay in any way shape or form so spend away if your so inclined, are you genuinely worried someone will have an armor or skin before you do ?
> > >
> > > no he’s worried that if 343 were so willing to stretch the truth on buying armor, what else will the stretch it on?
> >
> > They’ve already said it’s all cosmetic only. As long as it is ‘stretched’ to other cosmetics - who cares? Buy it if you want, don’t buy it if you don’t.
>
> You’ll pay in money or you’ll pay in far more time than you realistically have (if earning cR is anything like hitting 152 in halo 5)

Does it matter? The passes don’t expire so you can spend as much time as you need or come back to it later. If you pay - you are just paying for cosmetics (as this is all the passes give).

> 2535422212492174;2:
> I noticed this as well and really didn’t expect it. To be honest I wouldn’t even have minded it if they didn’t state that you can’t buy your way through the battle pass.
> Lets assume that it’s only there to be able to unlock everything while testing and will not be in the final version.

By how I read it, they said you cannot purchase it outside of the battle pass. They never said anything about not buying BP ranks. Totally different thing to me, IMO, since one involves having to buy the BP to start and then you can choose to buy levels or not, while the other is straight buying the item without ever getting the BP.

> 2533274816257608;9:
> > 2607664605677189;8:
> > > 2533274847845259;6:
> > > > 2535406126289417;4:
> > > > > 2533274816257608;1:
> > > > > So it’s been said that we will never be able to outright buy stuff like armors and whatnot from challenges, etc… but what about how it looks that we will be able to buy the in game currency and use that to skip ahead in the battle pass? Sure, I’m not buying the armor with real money, I’m buying the in game money to buy the levels which give me the armor.
> > > > >
> > > > > Knowing how a lot of games that use these battle pass systems work, I’m betting earning cR in game will be just slow enough to make people want to spend real money to get it faster.
> > > >
> > > > Armor doesn’t effect gameplay in any way shape or form so spend away if your so inclined, are you genuinely worried someone will have an armor or skin before you do ?
>
> You’ll pay in money or you’ll pay in far more time than you realistically have (if earning cR is anything like hitting 152 in halo 5)

They aren’t running a charity, why does everyone want everything for free?

i bought myself up to lvl 14 without even doing anything besides buying in the battle pass (with credits already given). So yes i bet you can just spend $200 in the real game and buy everything if you dont want to grind

> 2533274832130936;3:
> This is to be expected with a multiplayer with a F2P model, it has to make money somehow

You can make purchase only items, and earn only items. Win win. You get money from the people who want to just buy things. You get money from people who buy a battle pass to earn things. As long as you don’t neglect or give cooler items to strictly one side, people will be happy. 50/50. Earners have something to brag about, and Mr. I used moms credit card has something to brag about.

> 2533274801036271;14:
> > 2533274816257608;9:
> > > 2607664605677189;8:
> > > > 2533274847845259;6:
> > > > > 2535406126289417;4:
> > > > > > 2533274816257608;1:
> > > > > > So it’s been said that we will never be able to outright buy stuff like armors and whatnot from challenges, etc… but what about how it looks that we will be able to buy the in game currency and use that to skip ahead in the battle pass? Sure, I’m not buying the armor with real money, I’m buying the in game money to buy the levels which give me the armor.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Knowing how a lot of games that use these battle pass systems work, I’m betting earning cR in game will be just slow enough to make people want to spend real money to get it faster.
> > > > >
> > > > > Armor doesn’t effect gameplay in any way shape or form so spend away if your so inclined, are you genuinely worried someone will have an armor or skin before you do ?
> >
> > You’ll pay in money or you’ll pay in far more time than you realistically have (if earning cR is anything like hitting 152 in halo 5)
>
> They aren’t running a charity, why does everyone want everything for free?

I do , and in this case I’m absolutely getting it .
The gameplay and the experiences that go with it is where the value is and the devs are sayingto me here buddy it’s free go have fun .
Im loving the charity that is the free to play model .

> 2535422212492174;2:
> I noticed this as well and really didn’t expect it. To be honest I wouldn’t even have minded it if they didn’t state that you can’t buy your way through the battle pass.
> Lets assume that it’s only there to be able to unlock everything while testing and will not be in the final version.

Why do you care? Doesn’t change gameplay

I know this weekend is all about Slayer but I’d love to see what else, if anything, the pass will help with in other gameplay - will there be ranked, for example? If so, leveling up via the pass seems unfair to players who want to earn their way up. I’m not familiar with other passes and how this one is/will be any different, but I DO like customizing my Spartan.

I realize that I’m probably the minority here but as long as anything purchasable is cosmetic only and doesn’t give some type of gameplay advantage I personally couldn’t care less.

I haven’t really cared about how my player appearance is since the Halo 3 days, and even then it was more about the experiences had trying to unlock different armour pieces than the actual armour itself.