Buying Halo Infinite

So am I literally paying $59.99 just to have the Campaign or is there any benefit beyond that? Seems like a steep price for just the Campaign.

Would paying 59.99 make more sense to you if the multiplayer wasn’t free?

I mean separating the multiplayer and campaign by giving you the mp for free isn’t somehow going to make the campaign cheaper

Pretty much. If you’re not worried about playing the Campaign right at launch, I’d say wait for it to go on sale.

you could always wait for it to go on sale or just buy gamepass and save money.

Since we don’t know much about campaign, it is hard to say if it is worth $60 on it’s own. Hopefully we get more solid information soon.

> 2533274866989456;5:
> Since we don’t know much about campaign, it is hard to say if it is worth $60 on it’s own. Hopefully we get more solid information soon.

Exactly this, most games try to launch at $60 irrespective of quality. The ones that aren’t worth it rapidly decrease in price as sales numbers dwindle.

With game pass you can literally try before you buy, however once we see more campaign footage and information I’ll secure my preorder if I like what I see. I’ll never need the disc as if I’m playing Xbox, I’ll have game pass - but I like the collector’s edition of Halo games, so I’m hoping they do a better one than just the steelbook case!

Tip for everyone too, you can sell games if you buy physical so you don’t even need to wait. I bought Mortal Kombat 11, completed the story and sold it for about $5 less than I bought it on launch.

Just use GamePass

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Really? Steep? Lmfao.

> 2535421309082074;1:
> So am I literally paying $59.99 just to have the Campaign or is there any benefit beyond that? Seems like a steep price for just the Campaign.

Yes. I agree that $60 might end up being overpriced for what we get seeing as other single player only games that are $60 are usually around 20-30 hours long and Halo has a history of having games that are only 7 hours long. With that being said though, they could easily throw in the first seasons battle pass and that would easily justify the price. We’ll just have to wait and see what they do.

Most games on the Xbox store are launching at almost $100 for me so halo infinite isn’t very different from the bunch, if you want to know if you’re spending your money wisely than just use game pass.

> 2533274870561861;2:
> Would paying 59.99 make more sense to you if the multiplayer wasn’t free?
>
> I mean separating the multiplayer and campaign by giving you the mp for free isn’t somehow going to make the campaign cheaper

It would as you’re paying for both campaign and multiplayer which is what we’ve traditionally done. Now that multiplayer is free why is campaign still 60$? That’s also assuming they didn’t hike it up to 70$ like some games were reportedly doing. Point being you’re paying for less product, and should therefore see a price decrease. This is also ignoring that they’ll be dipping into battle pass, and microtransaction monetization on top of that. Which is pretty telling if you put 1 and 2 together.

I personally don’t particularly care, but saying it makes sense that it’s still 60$ is just outright incorrect.

People complaining about a $60 campaign clearly didn’t buy Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II at launch. $60 for a 4-5 hour campaign and no additional content. +$15 for one short DLC mission several months later.

> 2533274975565198;11:
> > 2533274870561861;2:
> > Would paying 59.99 make more sense to you if the multiplayer wasn’t free?
> >
> > I mean separating the multiplayer and campaign by giving you the mp for free isn’t somehow going to make the campaign cheaper
>
> It would as you’re paying for both campaign and multiplayer which is what we’ve traditionally done. Now that multiplayer is free why is campaign still 60$? That’s also assuming they didn’t hike it up to 70$ like some games were reportedly doing. Point being you’re paying for less product, and should therefore see a price decrease. This is also ignoring that they’ll be dipping into battle pass, and microtransaction monetization on top of that. Which is pretty telling if you put 1 and 2 together.
>
> I personally don’t particularly care, but saying it makes sense that it’s still 60$ is just outright incorrect.

So you guys want a free multiplayer and a cheaper campaign because the multiplayer is free?

Do i got that right?

Idk the last time I spent money on Halo was like 6 years ago. A new Madden is about $60 every year, times 6 years is about $360. So yea, $60 seems ok

im getting it with ultimate gamepass bro, if is worth it, migth buy a special edition

Personally if ur invested into the Halo story and want to save as much money as possible then go through with gamepass, BUT if you want a little more and you want to pay the full price for the just campaign you can pre order and get some pre order bonuses like Best Buy you get a armor coating, weapon coatings, emblem/ player card, and you get a steel book case for the physical disk of the game. Again this is based on what we know so far about pre orders but game pass is ur best bet to save money if ur just wanting to play the campaign there and then, then cancel afterwards.

There is no reason to not wait and see if they have additional benefits before pre-ordering unless you really want one of the little bonuses.

They have already confirmed that there will be challenges linked to campaign, but at this point that is about all that we know. Hopefully they give us a breakdown of what a Free to Play player starts with vs someone who is subscribed to GP or owns the campaign before launch.

it was announced that all games will be starting at $60

> 2533274870561861;13:
> > 2533274975565198;11:
> > > 2533274870561861;2:
> > > Would paying 59.99 make more sense to you if the multiplayer wasn’t free?
> > >
> > > I mean separating the multiplayer and campaign by giving you the mp for free isn’t somehow going to make the campaign cheaper
> >
> > It would as you’re paying for both campaign and multiplayer which is what we’ve traditionally done. Now that multiplayer is free why is campaign still 60$? That’s also assuming they didn’t hike it up to 70$ like some games were reportedly doing. Point being you’re paying for less product, and should therefore see a price decrease. This is also ignoring that they’ll be dipping into battle pass, and microtransaction monetization on top of that. Which is pretty telling if you put 1 and 2 together.
> >
> > I personally don’t particularly care, but saying it makes sense that it’s still 60$ is just outright incorrect.
>
> So you guys want a free multiplayer and a cheaper campaign because the multiplayer is free?
>
> Do i got that right?

Multiplayer being “free” isn’t out of the goodness of anyone’s heart. It is “free”, because they’ve found a way to sucker more money out from the player base by making it “free”. Essentially the problem is paying for less product, and double dipping monetization strategies. So to answer your question, yes.

Don’t buy it I guess. I mean…we all need co op and forge I guess