Buying a bad game even though...

Anyone else sit back at their computer desk cursing the hell out of Halo4, yet still knowing youre going to buy it anyway? Not because of anything new that 343 might have done successfully. Not because its fun, or you cant wait to play this new CTF crap, but because its almost like you have to?

I know I wont like Halo4. Just the same way I knew I wasnt going to like Halo Reach. Yet, just like I purchased Halo Reach on the first day I will purchase Halo4 on day one. I wont do it to support 343, because I hate what they are doing. I only do it because of tradition. Because like myself, my friends are all cursing the game, and they too are sitting back and saying…

“I am going to hate this game, but were gunna buy it as well”.

Truthfully, in my eyes the gaming industry has taken a huge turn for the worst with the way it panders to the “new comer”. Games have become restricting in ways that any vet of gaming has seen developing for years, but has no say it what product he/she gets, they just have to take what they are being dished out.

I just wanted to say ahead of time that I completely disprove of your game, just like EVERY single one of the people I know who played Halo in the past, but I will still buy it. Not because of you, but because a starving child has to eat something, even if its regurgitated crap.

???
Why don’t YOU just rent it?

Seriously, if you don’t like the game don’t buy it. If you wan’t to show 343 you don’t approve of what they are doing, do it with your wallet and tell ‘all your friends’ to do the same. Also don’t post nonconstructive things here, you said you hate the game but gave no valid reason or evidence why.

I am buying the game because from what I have seen so far the game looks like it will be a ton of fun, I like a lot of the changes 343i is implementing, there is no obligation to buy the game, if you don’t feel like you will like it than don’t buy it, if you play it at a friends house after release and it changes your mind then go and buy it but don’t just buy the game because you feel as though you have to. I, and many others I am pretty sure, are going to buy this game because it looks fun and we believe we will have a good time playing it, if we felt as though we would not have a good time playing it we would not buy it or post on the forums.

Stuff like this doesn’t belong on the forums. If you’re not going to be constructive and post meaningful content, then get out.

I’m sick and tired of this community whining all the damn time. If you were a true Halo fan, you would wait until you played the game before you passed such harsh judgement.

Have fun being a curmudgeon on Nov. 6th, I’ll be having fun playing my favorite game series

I honestly can’t believe that people are so down on this game. Every video I see just makes it look more and more fun, but then I remember people don’t want fun anymore. They just want to be able to own every noob that walks through the door.

Sorry that you’re going to knowingly waste money on a game you’ll hate. I guess you’ll just have to hope it’s better than you’re expecting.

I’m liking most of what I’m seeing in Halo 4 so far. But I get what you’re saying, this doesn’t only happen with video games, I notice it with movies too. I tell people that paranormal activity isn’t scary and it sucks and they say “yeah, but it’s paranormal activity you have to see it” I don’t know why people feel obligated to spend money on something they know they’re not gonna enjoy. The CoD haters are the ones who buy the games the first day they come out just to complain about it. But with that said, I’m gonna have to disagree with what you say about the gaming industry going downhill, I think it’s actually improving. Independent games have never been bigger, sure some of these blockbuster titles are crappy, but if you look deeper there is a lot of innovation going on.

My friend is going to buy Halo 4 used from Gamestop that way 343 does not profit off him. The man is genius.

Dude, just rent the game first. It will save you a whole lot of trouble. I dislike CoD, and I haven’t bought any of the games since Modern Warfare 2, nor any of the DLC. Why give money to a developer you hate? Why waste $60 on a game you have already decided to hate? That’s just idiotic.

No one is forcing you to buy it. If you truly don’t think it will be good, then feel free to not buy it. You have no obligations to anyone but yourself.

OP you’re doing life wrong. I’m going to buy Halo 4 because I legitimately enjoy myself when playing Halo. I have so many memories with EACH Halo game. CE, 2, 3, ODST, Reach… and I plan on making memories in Halo 4 too.

Your definition of a bad game is skewed. Halo 4 looks amazing, but just because you don’t like these tiny insignificant changes that you haven’t really experienced yet, the game is now terrible?

Yeah, you know what, sometimes I get frustrated playing Matchmaking. I curse the game developers for making a crap game because I got killed in an unfair manner. But I suck it up and go play some more and I have fun.

But I also get frustrated at single player games. When a boss kills me, when I run into constant zubats, when against all odds I lose in someway. Some games frustrate me, but most times, they are worth playing.

Don’t let the tiny frustrating things ruin your whole perception of a game. Halo 4 will be awesome. And you know what, sometimes it will make you want to break your controller, you have to take the good with the bad.

Renting does an Xbox good.

> Stuff like this doesn’t belong on the forums. If you’re not going to be constructive and post meaningful content, then get out.
>
> I’m sick and tired of this community whining all the damn time. If you were a true Halo fan, you would wait until you played the game before you passed such harsh judgement.
>
> Have fun being a curmudgeon on Nov. 6th, I’ll be having fun playing my favorite game series

I’m getting tired of this communnity "WRONG OPINION NOT A TRUE HALO FAN THOUGHTCRIME GET OUT"ing all the time.

But I realize they’re opinions, not a threat to my precious fan identity. Get over it.

If you want people to leave so bad, then go moderate your own forum.

Rent it, wait for the price to go down.

It just seems extremely pointless to buy a game you know you’ll hate.

If you want to be done with the series, be done. Wasting money that can be used on other things won’t help anything.

But actually you’re wrong. I WONT buy it.

I’m on here to try and convince 343 to improve the game for the better. Make it a more balanced and fair game.

And if they don’t take my and countless others advice. I wont buy it.

That’s …well, idiotic to be quite honest. Buying a game you have no interest in is basically like throwing money away. I suggest NOT buying Halo on day one. Wait until a few weeks after launch when people actually have a good understanding of what the game feels like to play. Talk, ask around and see if you still feel the same.

The fact that this post even exists is beyond me. Further more, your reasoning is incomprehensible. You use the phrase “regurgitated crap” in reference to something you are going to pay 60+ dollars for? That’s like saying “I’m going to eat at the worst restaurant I can think of because I have to.”

Spend your money on something that you will enjoy. If you really feel that way about the game, there is no need to waste money on it.

> I’m sick and tired of this community whining all the damn time. If you were a true Halo fan, you would wait until you played the game before you passed such harsh judgement.
>
> Have fun being a curmudgeon on Nov. 6th, I’ll be having fun playing my favorite game series

So Im not a true Halo fan unless I LOVE everything that 343 does with the Halo series?

Nah, I dont think so. I have seen my favorite video game get worse and worse since the days of Halo 2. I only want whats best for this series. And complaining is the only way I can hope to get that done.

> “I am going to hate this game, but were gunna buy it as well”.

> EXCELLENT. GOOD CONSUMER AUTOMATON.

> But actually you’re wrong. I WONT buy it.
>
> I’m on here to try and convince 343 to improve the game for the better. Make it a more balanced and fair game.
>
> And if they don’t take my and countless others advice. I wont buy it.

(this is also directed at the OP) I’d really encourage you to rent it first and get a feel for the game, then buy it if you end up liking it. When you have… played Halo 4… then you may have my permission to decide.

All joking aside, I really do think you should rent the game to see if you enjoy it. You’re as entitled to your opinion as anyone else, but I don’t think it’s fair to completely rule something out until you’ve played it.