Button layout

Make it basic again, please, or at least have the option to.

A - Jump
B - Melee
X - Reload/Interact
Y - Switch Weapons/Dual Wield
RT - Fire Weapon
LT - Throw Grenade
RB - Switch Grenade
LB - Armor Ability (or whatever you have in mind)

Also, the directional pad is almost never used, so use it to turn on your flashlight.

i really want a customizable control scheme. there have been so many different control schemes throughout Halo’s games that if you’ve come to like one of them then odds are that it doesn’t exist in the next game. So you gotta re-learn how to play Halo all over again with a new button layout.

I like the Halo 3 control scheme :3

How bout down on the D-Pad is hold your gun at rest.

I’d rather have melee on the bumber: it’s simply more efficient and quicker.

I like Bumper Jumper. It was so confusing trying to play CE with my 360 controller, and without Bumper Jumper. Just leave the same controls we have now, or add a completely customizable control scheme.

Bumper jumper was my favorite until reach’s default I think is the best, but I wish they would give you the ability to map any ability to any button, ala fallout

> i really want a customizable control scheme. there have been so many different control schemes throughout Halo’s games that if you’ve come to like one of them then odds are that it doesn’t exist in the next game. So you gotta re-learn how to play Halo all over again with a new button layout.

Agreed… Although halo 3 and Reach (recon) were my favourite.
Control mapping was apart of Halo CE on PC so why not make it on the 360.
Brink done it… why cant halo.

Halo 3 or Reach’s recon sceme is what I love…the customizable controls it the only way to make eveyone happy…make every button do whatever the player decides to use it for

I agree some of the classic button layouts was great, but as for the Dpad, in Reach, it’s night vis, and Halo 3 it was flash light, and if they do make it any thing in Halo 4, have it one thing, I hate the dpad, I don’t know about any one else, but every time I try to use it, it doesn’t do what I want it to do, and it’s not because of how it is on the controler, it’s because it’s one stupid button made to act like 4.

I like how in Halo 2 Vista there were multiple options like “Zoom In”, “Zoom Out” AND “Zoom” (controller style) and there was obviously options to set custom keys/buttons.

Although not really practical to have Zoom IN and OUT, for something like Dual Wielding it would be nice to have been able to set the X button reload in Halo 3 like in Halo 2 if we don’t really care to have individual reloading. LB/RB reloading was something that I had adapted to but not what I preferred. An option for this sort of customisation would be great in future titles (and hell even CEA if possible).

does anyone know if bumper jumper is going to be in H:CE?