Button Layout Issue

Am I losing it or is there a standard halo button layout that’s not included right now in Infinite ?

I am looking for :
LT - Grenade
RT - Fire
X - Reload
B - Melee
A - Jump
Left Stick - Crouch/Slide
Right Stick - Zoom

I grew up on H2 and set all my H3 & H5 Settings to this layout. Right now in this flight I feel so uncomfortable cause I don’t have this option.

> 2535416262151052;1:
> Am I losing it or is there a standard halo button layout that’s not included right now in Infinite ?
>
> I am looking for :
> LT - Grenade
> RT - Fire
> X - Reload
> B - Melee
> A - Jump
> Left Stick - Crouch/Slide
> Right Stick - Zoom
>
> I grew up on H2 and set all my H3 & H5 Settings to this layout. Right now in this flight I feel so uncomfortable cause I don’t have this option.

Recon is the closest you can get to that with the default premade option. But lucky for you, there is full button mapping.

Set your control scheme to recon. Then, set it to custom. This will set all your inputs to the recon layout so you will have to change the least stuff. Only thing you have to do then is set x to reload, and remap sprint to RB, and you’re set. Or mess around with it and find something better if you want.

You can make your own button layout. Just make it custom.

> 2535416262151052;1:
> Am I losing it or is there a standard halo button layout that’s not included right now in Infinite ?
>
> I am looking for :
> LT - Grenade
> RT - Fire
> X - Reload
> B - Melee
> A - Jump
> Left Stick - Crouch/Slide
> Right Stick - Zoom
>
> I grew up on H2 and set all my H3 & H5 Settings to this layout. Right now in this flight I feel so uncomfortable cause I don’t have this option.

Boxer, I have been boxer since CE, I recommend going legacy, then select custom and just swap left trigger and the B button.

> 2535413681986999;3:
> You can make your own button layout. Just make it custom.

How does that work, I can choose custom but can’t work out how that’s supposed to change buttons. I just want bumper jumper but to swap drop weapon and change grenades.

I keep trying to hit B for melee too xD It feels very unnatural to click the rightstick. Def gonna have to remap the buttons.

I’ll tell you in a few hours. I was playing and i’ll go back to playing.

> 2533274879862928;6:
> I keep trying to hit B for melee too xD It feels very unnatural to click the rightstick. Def gonna have to remap the buttons.

I played my first match and spent the majority of it Meleeing the air hahaha

You can setup a custom layout. I configured mine to be a hybrid of Halo 4 and 5’s controls.

> 2533274801036271;5:
> > 2535413681986999;3:
> > You can make your own button layout. Just make it custom.
>
> How does that work, I can choose custom but can’t work out how that’s supposed to change buttons. I just want bumper jumper but to swap drop weapon and change grenades.

Choose it and scroll down and keep scrolling the keybinds will show up

> 2535416262151052;8:
> > 2533274879862928;6:
> > I keep trying to hit B for melee too xD It feels very unnatural to click the rightstick. Def gonna have to remap the buttons.
>
> I played my first match and spent the majority of it Meleeing the air hahaha

lol I keep crouching awkardly during intense trade offs with the bots, they must be so confused.

> 2533274801036271;5:
> > 2535413681986999;3:
> > You can make your own button layout. Just make it custom.
>
> How does that work, I can choose custom but can’t work out how that’s supposed to change buttons. I just want bumper jumper but to swap drop weapon and change grenades.

Select A on the command you want to Re-map and when the text box pops up , choose the new Button you want that command to be assigned too.

before leaving however check to make sure all your controls have an assignment

My issue with remapping is the sniper second level of zoom, by default it is set on the left stick while zooming, but I like crouching with the left stick and so when I remap it I can’t put another button on zoom level unless I left another game play function without button, any ideas?