Button Layout indesion.

I am having a tough time trying to pick between halo 4’s default layout or recon.
Each has their pros and cons, for example:

-With recon I can easily reload(the reload action button being next to the right trigger) but I have to hit x to sprint -_- .

-With default I can melee a lot easier but action reload is on x -_-.

Also was there any confirmation that we can customize our Button layouts if not please halp!

If only there was button mapping in the game :frowning:

i’m going boxer simply because it’s the smoothest flowing control scheme, the majority of actions i don’t have to take my thumbs of the analog sticks to perform.

going to be extremely awkward adjusting to trigger for melee though :confused:

Go recon! It’s the most natural button Layout. (since I got so used to Halo 3) Plus you only have to tap x to sprint and tap to stop. It sounds very uncomfortable, but it works really well actually. I’ve tried sprint on x, it’s not as bad as it sounds.

> If only there was button mapping in the game :frowning:

I hope there is button mapping, but did 343 confirm no button mapping?

I’d use default. Probably the one best designed to fit Halo 4’s style.

> I’d use default. Probably the one best designed to fit Halo 4’s style.

If they have button mapping I would probably tweak the default into somthing I would use.

> > I’d use default. Probably the one best designed to fit Halo 4’s style.
>
> If they have button mapping I would probably tweak the default into somthing I would use.

I think they confirmed no mapping, but I don’t have any links.

Never really mattered for me, though. I switch between H3 and Reach default with little difficulty, but that’s just me. Easier than switching between Bioshock and Halo; since when is jumping “Y”?

> > > I’d use default. Probably the one best designed to fit Halo 4’s style.
> >
> > If they have button mapping I would probably tweak the default into somthing I would use.
>
> I think they confirmed no mapping, but I don’t have any links.
>
> Never really mattered for me, though. I switch between H3 and Reach default with little difficulty, but that’s just me. Easier than switching between Bioshock and Halo; since when is jumping “Y”?

Why would they take out button mapping?

> > > > I’d use default. Probably the one best designed to fit Halo 4’s style.
> > >
> > > If they have button mapping I would probably tweak the default into somthing I would use.
> >
> > I think they confirmed no mapping, but I don’t have any links.
> >
> > Never really mattered for me, though. I switch between H3 and Reach default with little difficulty, but that’s just me. Easier than switching between Bioshock and Halo; since when is jumping “Y”?
>
> Why would they take out button mapping?

Pretty sure they never had it. Just a bum-load of preset combinations.