Button combos

Just make the bxb, bxr, and double shot part of the game…those glitches made a great game even better. You struck gold there with that mistake. Throw in a tutorial for players that don’t know how to use it. It would be cool to have to land a button combo and your spartan does some kind of bad -Yoink- neck breaking or throat slashing move. Idk just adds another level of skills rather than the boring press melee, wait, press again.

Dude, that would be amazing.

Bringing back bxr, bxb, and double shot?

Oh god, if 343i did that, I’d be gone in a hearbeat. But the other idea, the throat-slashing and such, is something I could enjoy.

I want accidental button combos that take skill to pull off, but are useful when used properly. In other words, don’t purposefully put in button combos, but don’t take them out post-launch unless they are consistently problematic.

> 2533274951646282;3:
> Bringing back bxr, bxb, and double shot?
>
> Oh god, if 343i did that, I’d be gone in a hearbeat. But the other idea, the throat-slashing and such, is something I could enjoy.

Right here. Qft.

At least the playlists will have game rotations for the most part.

> 2533274951646282;3:
> Bringing back bxr, bxb, and double shot?
>
> Oh god, if 343i did that, I’d be gone in a hearbeat. But the other idea, the throat-slashing and such, is something I could enjoy.

depending on how abundant it was i’d be inclined to leave as well and go back to the MCC. but heres to hoping it doesnt come to that.

No, button ‘combos’ are not a thing you put into a game, but something you discover and learn as a game ages. Every game has little control quicks that players will exploit, its only natural. I don’t have any problem with that.

The problem I have with Halo 2’s glitches is that they heavily favor the BR and make the already cruddy balance of Halo 2 even worse. They don’t add depth to the whole game so much as they add depth to one weapon, which is nice, but hardly a great thing for the overall game.

No button combos.

If Button Combos are placed by accident in the final build, they would be removed as soon as 343i noticed them. This is not 2004, anymore. I want them to be in future titles because they add a layer of skill, but it is very unlikely.

No thanks, I think button combos would be easily abused.

It can’t be abused if it’s part of the game…and I agree with that it added depth only to the br in h2. So let’s make it possible for every weapon or select weapons? It would be cool to be able to save yourself in a bind if you have the twitch skills.

I’m sorry to say that I don’t think this will happen.

I’m all for Button Combos in Halo 2 and I think it is a great way to create this “Tier system” for people skills.

I think Halo 5: Guardians will take a significant amount of inspiration from Halo 2, but I think the extent of that we will see is in Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer.

After all they said that there are no more armor abilities, that we will have “abilities” akin to dual-wielding and hijacking, the SMG is making a return (which leads me to believe dual-wielding is returning), and with H2A being the “newest” Halo I don’t see why they wouldn’t want to base Halo 5: Guardians off of it some.

But that’s just me speculating.

> 2533274815711361;12:
> I’m sorry to say that I don’t think this will happen.
>
> I’m all for Button Combos in Halo 2 and I think it is a great way to create this “Tier system” for people skills.
>
> I think Halo 5: Guardians will take a significant amount of inspiration from Halo 2, but I think the extent of that we will see is in Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer.
>
> After all they said that there are no more armor abilities, that we will have “abilities” akin to dual-wielding and hijacking, the SMG is making a return (which leads me to believe dual-wielding is returning), and with H2A being the “newest” Halo I don’t see why they wouldn’t want to base Halo 5: Guardians off of it some.
>
> But that’s just me speculating.

Frankie said that they “have no plans” to implement DW in H5. That’s 343ese for “We’re not doing it, but we’re saying it like this to make you feel better about it”.

Personally, I’d rather see another way of differentiating skill in H5. Putting in glitches on purpose is kind of stupid, not to mention it kind of ruins immersion.

Button combos for melee would be most welcome. Watching Spartans swing with the butt of their rifles got old around the days of Halo 2. Today it’s just sad that all melees look alike. Reach showed off just how cool the third-person view can be. The XB1 gives a great opportunity to show off player animations and graphics. So why not add a bit more variety to the most outdated part of Halo’s golden triangle?

Like everything, it can’t disrupt game play too much. So here’s my proposal:

• Duration of melee fights not to exceed that of an assassination animation.
  • Button combos limited to 2-4 buttons. Punch, Kick, Grapple, maybe. Quick, intense, simple.
  • Camera pulls out so you can watch your Spartan deal some wicket MMA-style fisticuffs.

> 2533274932540799;13:
> > 2533274815711361;12:
> > I’m sorry to say that I don’t think this will happen.
> >
> > I’m all for Button Combos in Halo 2 and I think it is a great way to create this “Tier system” for people skills.
> >
> > I think Halo 5: Guardians will take a significant amount of inspiration from Halo 2, but I think the extent of that we will see is in Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer.
> >
> > After all they said that there are no more armor abilities, that we will have “abilities” akin to dual-wielding and hijacking, the SMG is making a return (which leads me to believe dual-wielding is returning), and with H2A being the “newest” Halo I don’t see why they wouldn’t want to base Halo 5: Guardians off of it some.
> >
> > But that’s just me speculating.
>
>
>
> Frankie said that they “have no plans” to implement DW in H5. That’s 343ese for “We’re not doing it, but we’re saying it like this to make you feel better about it”.
>
> Personally, I’d rather see another way of differentiating skill in H5. Putting in glitches on purpose is kind of stupid, not to mention it kind of ruins immersion.

Can you source that please?

Even so if it didn’t return, 3 out of the 4 Halo games in MCC are very similar to one another. So I feel Halo 5: Guardians will likely feel more similar to the Halo Trilogy rather than Halo 4, and I think it might be reminiscent of Halo 2 since H2A is again the “newest Halo” and it might get most of the attention in the end.

I suppose we’ll know in December though, and again I’m merely speculating.

And also I agree about the “glitches on purpose” line. The beauty of button combos is how they were this happy accident, let Halo 5: Guardians have its own things that come out thanks to gameplay (for instance how Halo 3 had the Ninja move (I don’t really recall seeing it in Halo 2 so I associate that with Halo 3))

If I liked button combos, I’d play fighting games. I don’t like fighting games. I don’t like fighting game mechanics in shooters either.

> 2533274815711361;15:
> > 2533274932540799;13:
> > Frankie said that they “have no plans” to implement DW in H5.
>
>
> Can you source that please?

Source.

> 2533274815711361;15:
> Can you source that please?
>
> Even so if it didn’t return, 3 out of the 4 Halo games in MCC are very similar to one another. So I feel Halo 5: Guardians will likely feel more similar to the Halo Trilogy rather than Halo 4, and I think it might be reminiscent of Halo 2 since H2A is again the “newest Halo” and it might get most of the attention in the end.
>
> I suppose we’ll know in December though, and again I’m merely speculating.
>
> And also I agree about the “glitches on purpose” line. The beauty of button combos is how they were this happy accident, let Halo 5: Guardians have its own things that come out thanks to gameplay (for instance how Halo 3 had the Ninja move (I don’t really recall seeing it in Halo 2 so I associate that with Halo 3))

Sure. Here you go.

> 2533274807855010;14:
> Button combos for melee would be most welcome. Watching Spartans swing with the butt of their rifles got old around the days of Halo 2. Today it’s just sad that all melees look alike. Reach showed off just how cool the third-person view can be. The XB1 gives a great opportunity to show off player animations and graphics. So why not add a bit more variety to the most outdated part of Halo’s golden triangle?
>
> Like everything, it can’t disrupt game play too much. So here’s my proposal:
>
> - Duration of melee fights not to exceed that of an assassination animation.
> - Button combos limited to 2-4 buttons. Punch, Kick, Grapple, maybe. Quick, intense, simple.
> - Camera pulls out so you can watch your Spartan deal some wicket MMA-style fisticuffs.

dude, this is Halo, not Tekken.

Macro controller abuse would be the issue

I have tons of trouble doing the double shot, is it fire, reload, fire again to cancel the reload animation? That’s not working for me.