Bungie's H4 v.s 343i's H4

Considering the fact that Bungie left us with Reach. If they were to make Halo 4 ,how would it turn out compared to 343i’s Halo 4 right now?

Probably as bad as Reach. I personally cant trust them after what they did with Halo.

THEY are the ones who introduced the concept of “taking options away”. Not to mention gameplay was like walking through halfway dried cement.

> Probably as bad as Reach. I personally cant trust them after what they did with Halo.
>
> THEY are the ones who introduced the concept of “taking options away”. Not to mention gameplay was like walking through halfway dried cement.

pretty sure bungie would have been hated on worse than 343 and done an equal job. at least 343 has an excuse where as bungie made and built halo THEN effed it all to hell.

my 2 cents.

> pretty sure bungie would have been hated on worse than 343 and done an equal job. at least 343 has an excuse where as bungie made and built halo THEN effed it all to hell.
>
> my 2 cents.

I wouldn’t say that, for example, file share, theater, and customs would not be in the state it is currently if Bungie made this game.

We’d definitely have better custom and Forge options. Loadouts might not be personal and so in-depth, though. Not sure about matchmaking or Firefight/Sparton Ops.

> > pretty sure bungie would have been hated on worse than 343 and done an equal job. at least 343 has an excuse where as bungie made and built halo THEN effed it all to hell.
> >
> > my 2 cents.
>
> I wouldn’t say that, for example, file share, theater, and customs would not be in the state it is currently if Bungie made this game.

thats certainly possible but is speculation

most seem to hate the AAs and ranks and whatnot worse and thats what i based my statement on. all the stuff bungie did in reach that 343 expanded upon.

Personally I prefer Reach most of all; it’s better in almost every way. So it had a few OP AA’s, big whoop. At least it didn’t have the sniper DMR and loadout shogun. That’s just messed up!

Not to mention better forge, theater, maps, playlists, campaign, menus, oh wait EVERYTHING.

The rendering distance in Reach seems much better too. Often I zoom with a sniper in H4 and have difficulty making out the terrain because it’s SO low quality.

And about that oh so desired ranking system. May I ask why? Why do people care about ranks so much? It’s just a game, you’re supposed to play it for fun… Because snipers are cross mapping insta-kill weapons, there is no competition between combatants. There’s a lot of stuff like that in H4, therefore it is not competitive and cannot hold a competitive ranking system. Got it memorized?

Also, the higher speed gameplay leaves less room for coordinated strategy, that’s why I prefer Reach. Plus the Elites were cooler in Reach and the guns looked/sounded more realistic.

I can come up with a lot more reasons… My point is that Halo 4 is NOT an extension of Halo Reach, and is actually quite the opposite. I pity anyone who says they’re anything like each other. It is it’s own game, and the overall quality seems drained. I don’t blame 343 though, it was their first try. They just kinda suck at making maps, that’s all. Luckily forge world maps are being tested right now, yay.

Frankly I find that everything in Halo 4 encourages camping. I tried it for a bit… The harder I camped, the better I did. That’s no fun.

Probably my biggest issue is that when you’re under fire, you slow down like crazy and lose sensitivity too. How many times have I been killed with the sword? Almost never, because the new mechanics make it impossible to stab people without camping.

It’s just really bad design, I’m afraid.

Get a damaged ghost in Reach, and a damaged ghost in H4. Fire the guns and put the recordings side by side. That’s the easiest way to see why I prefer Reach.

The detail was immaculate!

I’ll probably still be playing halo 4 if Bungie made it. Instead of it just collecting dust like it is now.

Considering Bungie’s worst game is still way better than Halo 4 I’d guess it would be a better game.

I don’t want to know what Bungie’s take on Halo 4 would be. They didn’t want to keep making Halo, that creative spark was gone, they hit the burnout stage of working on the same thing for too -Yoink!- long. We saw that with Reach, they made that game without the same passion and love they had in the previous games.

> Considering Bungie’s worst game is still way better than Halo 4 I’d guess it would be a better game.

Reach better than 4? Load of bull.

> > Considering Bungie’s worst game is still way better than Halo 4 I’d guess it would be a better game.
>
> Reach better than 4? Load of bull.

Reach was fun. 4 is not.

It would definately be nothing like Reach and more like H2/H3, since reach was a spinoff. And it would definately be better than what we have now.

> Reach was fun. 4 is not.

Subjective opinion. I thought Reach was garbage for the most part.

Personally, I’d see it as the same, “Precision Weapons being awesome, while everything else just looks and sound cool but is actually crap” gameplay.

I mean, they had 4 games to actually get weapon balance down. What is a good number of weapons good for if one other gun, that isn’t a power weapon, can do the same job or better? Once, understandable. People make mistakes. Twice, I’ll get concerned. Three times, and it’s rediculous as my spelling at times. It’s either cut out the crap stuff and put more development time into other things or actually make weapons that are not power or precision weapons useful.

Out of Halo 2, 3 and Reach, Halo 4 had a much fairer weapon balance than the others, despite flaws here and there(Boltshot, Easy-to-use DMR…evil glare). For once, I can use a weapon and for the most part actually kill people with it.

Other topics, up for debate.

It would be basically the same, from what I felt Bungie had lost their passion for the series. They were ready to hand it over, they didn’t want to be a one-trick pony.

Remember, Bungie left us with Reach. That sums up how they planned to take the series. 343 simply tried to improve on what Bungie dumped in their laps.

> > pretty sure bungie would have been hated on worse than 343 and done an equal job. at least 343 has an excuse where as bungie made and built halo THEN effed it all to hell.
> >
> > my 2 cents.
>
> I wouldn’t say that, for example, file share, theater, and customs would not be in the state it is currently if Bungie made this game.

So much this. I just can’t see Bungie missing these things. They’ve been under Microsoft, Reach was rushed also, but hey, they still had enough time to make these things work…

Reach graphics were really bad, bungie tried but failed with the engine, took some outside help within 343i to sort it out and it’s much better on Halo 4, frame rate is faster.

The forge maps are lagging though really bad at times, needs to be looked out before general release.

Anyhow a new xbox is around the corner and with the power that will have we can hopefully have a better experience next time.

It probably wouldn’t have turned as good. I’m confident that 343i will fix several things, bungie did not do a lot of that fixing.

I think 343 is capable of bringing certain lacking things to a good position. Just time is needed.

> Reach graphics were really bad, bungie tried but failed with the engine, took some outside help within 343i to sort it out and it’s much better on Halo 4, frame rate is faster.
>
> The forge maps are lagging though really bad at times, needs to be looked out before general release.
>
> Anyhow a new xbox is around the corner and with the power that will have we can hopefully have a better experience next time.

Actually, Reach graphics are better. You’re just falling for the typical illusion, that is lighting. Halo 4 has the best lighting in a halo game, and ok graphics. Put those together and it looks like the best graphics.

See, even with Halo 4’s texture pop ins, the game does not have better graphics. Ever walk up to a wall in halo 4, yeah it’s blurry as -Yoink-. In reach, it keeps its high resolution. Reach’s problem is motion blur, frame rate, that doesn’t mean bad graphics.