Bungie would have NEVER let this happen...

Hello-

I’m sure you all know about the August Update in Halo: Reach, and I’m sure you are all as angry about it as I am. But instead of complaining and rambling on and on about the current state of Matchmaking in Reach(which by the way, I 100% support, but there is probably a 1/50 chance that 343i will even consider it), I just want to point something out.

But before I start this, I just want everyone to know that I don’t “hate” 343i.

First of all, look at my profile picture. That is an incredibly successful game and is(believe it or not)still enjoyed every day by a good 10,000 people.

But sadly, in the last few months, Reach is only enjoyed(or at least played)online by somewhere between 50,000-250,000 people. And with this last update, Reach is going to lose another good amount of players.

But the reason Halo 3 was and is such a great game, is because the company that started all of this, Bungie, knew that some playlists(i.e. ABTB, AFFA, Action Sack, FF Dubs, Squad DLC)were not only played, but were also used as a blast to the past, achievements, simply for fun, and getting as close as possible to custom games online.

Now, I know that these playlists DID have fewer players than most, but why take them out? It’s not doing any harm keeping them there is it?

That’s why Halo 3 is still played and enjoyed to this day. Because Bungie thought like that. They knew that keeping or possibly adding playlists does not do any harm. But, taking away playlists, that DOES do harm.

Now I realize that I am getting a bit off topic, so I will end it here.

What do you think about this post and the August update? Agree, disagree, don’t care, I just want to know what you think.

Bungie never added any of the Anniversary playlists, nor Squad DLC. But also, by the time Bungie left the game to 343, we had a good 20-something playlists, mostly just copies of other playlists.

The same thing was done in Halo 3 near its end. Games lose playlists as they get older, and the newer game gets nearer to launch. This isn’t anything new, 343 just removed the least popular playlists they could.

> Bungie never added any of the Anniversary playlists, nor Squad DLC. But also, by the time Bungie left the game to 343, we had a good 20-something playlists, mostly just copies of other playlists.
>
> The same thing was done in Halo 3 near its end. Games lose playlists as they get older, and the newer game gets nearer to launch. This isn’t anything new, 343 just removed the least popular playlists they could.

Those are a few good points, but I don’t think that FF dubs wasn’t one of the least popular. And Anniversary was a Reach re-creation of CE, I don’t think they should remove any of that. Action Sack was just pure awesome and fun. You could just mess around and have more fun there than in any other playlist. And finally, squad DLC was by far the biggest chance you had to be able to get the DLC achievements. Granted that you still can, it is just very hard to.

Once again, Nov 6th everyone will forget about this update.

> Once again, Nov 6th everyone will forget about this update.

That’s the point they make Reach bad by taking out the fun of the game so that no-one can wait for H4 to come out so they’ll sell even more. It’s working… but I don’t like it. Also the paid for DLC is baisicly unplayable now.

> > Bungie never added any of the Anniversary playlists, nor Squad DLC. But also, by the time Bungie left the game to 343, we had a good 20-something playlists, mostly just copies of other playlists.
> >
> > The same thing was done in Halo 3 near its end. Games lose playlists as they get older, and the newer game gets nearer to launch. This isn’t anything new, 343 just removed the least popular playlists they could.
>
> Those are a few good points, but I don’t think that FF dubs wasn’t one of the least popular. And Anniversary was a Reach re-creation of CE, I don’t think they should remove any of that. Action Sack was just pure awesome and fun. You could just mess around and have more fun there than in any other playlist. And finally, squad DLC was by far the biggest chance you had to be able to get the DLC achievements. Granted that you still can, it is just very hard to.

Firefight Doubles was largely redundant. It featured the same gametypes and maps as the regular Firefight playlist, just with half the players. Anniversary BTB was redundant as well, as it featured the same gametypes(sans Anniversary) but only on 3 maps. Squad DLC only averaged 30-60 players at a time, so its removal was imminent. 343 already stated when Squad DLC launched that they would be keeping an eye on it, because the Premium playlists that proceeded it were failures.
All anyone ever voted for in Action Sack were the Hockey variants, and Shotty Snipers. They are very similar to Grifball and Team Snipers, respectively.

> > > Bungie never added any of the Anniversary playlists, nor Squad DLC. But also, by the time Bungie left the game to 343, we had a good 20-something playlists, mostly just copies of other playlists.
> > >
> > > The same thing was done in Halo 3 near its end. Games lose playlists as they get older, and the newer game gets nearer to launch. This isn’t anything new, 343 just removed the least popular playlists they could.
> >
> > Those are a few good points, but I don’t think that FF dubs wasn’t one of the least popular. And Anniversary was a Reach re-creation of CE, I don’t think they should remove any of that. Action Sack was just pure awesome and fun. You could just mess around and have more fun there than in any other playlist. And finally, squad DLC was by far the biggest chance you had to be able to get the DLC achievements. Granted that you still can, it is just very hard to.
>
> Firefight Doubles was largely redundant. It featured the same gametypes and maps as the regular Firefight playlist, just with half the players. Anniversary BTB was redundant as well, as it featured the same gametypes(sans Anniversary) but only on 3 maps. Squad DLC only averaged 30-60 players at a time, so its removal was imminent. 343 already stated when Squad DLC launched that they would be keeping an eye on it, because the Premium playlists that proceeded it were failures.
> All anyone ever voted for in Action Sack were the Hockey variants, and Shotty Snipers. They are very similar to Grifball and Team Snipers, respectively.

Again good points, but people liked FF dubs because in normal FF you have a lot of lag and AFKs and you have to fight only to see who can get the most kills, not to surivive and make it to the bonus round like in FF dubs. There was actually a good amount of people who liked ABTB since it was similar to CE. And again, everyone who liked Squad DLC liked because of the fact that you could always play on DLC. And yes, you are mostly right about Action Sack, but since they always voted for that, doesn’t that mean that a lot of people like Action Sack? And I’ve had both of them not chosen a few times, especially Shotty Snipers.

> Bungie never added any of the Anniversary playlists, nor Squad DLC. But also, by the time Bungie left the game to 343, we had a good 20-something playlists, mostly just copies of other playlists.
>
> The same thing was done in Halo 3 near its end. Games lose playlists as they get older, and the newer game gets nearer to launch. This isn’t anything new, 343 just removed the least popular playlists they could.

Bungie was the first to add the DLC only playlist, although it was not called “squad” at the time. 343 did not create that playlist, they just changed the name.

As playlist population goes. Bungie would have done the same. What’s the point of having playlists which not many people are playing. Good point 343i.

But Bungie would have listened to our concerns a little bit more, and at least have a DLC playlist for those who went out of their way to purchase map packs and line the pockets of the developers.

I’m just sayin’

> > Bungie never added any of the Anniversary playlists, nor Squad DLC. But also, by the time Bungie left the game to 343, we had a good 20-something playlists, mostly just copies of other playlists.
> >
> > The same thing was done in Halo 3 near its end. Games lose playlists as they get older, and the newer game gets nearer to launch. This isn’t anything new, 343 just removed the least popular playlists they could.
>
> Bungie was the first to add the DLC only playlist, although it was not called “squad” at the time. 343 did not create that playlist, they just changed the name.

Bungie added playlists for both the Noble and Defiant Map Pack playlists. Bungie later removed both of those playlists for Premium Slayer and Premium Squad(?). Premium Slayer was 5v5 Slayer gametypes on the DLC maps, while Premium Squad was 6v6.

Both of those playlists were removed by 343 in favor of Squad DLC: a mix of 6v6 Slayer and objective gametypes on the DLC maps.

> As playlist population goes. Bungie would have done the same. What’s the point of having playlists which not many people are playing. Good point 343i.
>
> But Bungie would have listened to our concerns a little bit more, and at least have a DLC playlist for those who went out of their way to purchase map packs and line the pockets of the developers.
>
> I’m just sayin’

…Why would Bungie remove a playlist with ~60 players on it at a time, and replace it with another playlist that would do just as bad? Unless the playlist had the TU in it, it would suffer a similar fate of Squad DLC.

I know I probably shouldn’t say since but anyone liking the august updates I demand they get flamed since the dlc removal has annoyed me to no end.

It doesn’t matter what Bungie would’ve done. Bungie gave up on Halo, so be glad 343 is doing anything at all.

I’m not a big fan of the August Update, but I’ll get over it eventually.

> Once again, Nov 6th everyone will forget about this update.

I won’t, I still haven’t forgotten how they at least at one point, don’t know if it still is this way or not, removed Double XP Weekend playlist in Halo 3. I loved that.

> > Once again, Nov 6th everyone will forget about this update.
>
> I won’t, I still haven’t forgotten how they at least at one point, don’t know if it still is this way or not, removed Double XP Weekend playlist in Halo 3. I loved that.

Same. One of the top 3 playlists for me was slashed, I play reach close to daily, not going to forget that especially since its a good while since halo 4 even comes out.

> > Once again, Nov 6th everyone will forget about this update.
>
> I won’t, I still haven’t forgotten how they at least at one point, don’t know if it still is this way or not, removed Double XP Weekend playlist in Halo 3. I loved that.

Not to mention it’s not anywhere near November 6th yet.

I’m pretty confuse why BTB is being taken away

343 industries is ruining Halo games.When Bungie was working in Reach there was no problem and all people had fun…343 failed seriously because before they start working on Halo, there was like 100 000 players.Now we can see that the number of players decreases too much and is now like 20000 players!they just ruined a lot of thing in the august update.This is ridiculous.I don’t think I gonna buy Halo 4 because the sound of the guns are so much different and strange and the armour is ruined(1 helmet give like +20 speed(example)).So I see that Halo 4 is a game for kids.If Bungie was there now,there will be not all that problems now.

> I know I probably shouldn’t say since but anyone liking the august updates I demand they get flamed since the dlc removal has annoyed me to no end.

Squad DLC was a Vanilla playlist. I would have never played it, anyway.

> 343 industries is ruining Halo games.When Bungie was working in Reach there was no problem and all people had fun…343 failed seriously because before they start working on Halo, there was like 100 000 players.Now we can see that the number of players decreases too much and is now like 20000 players!they just ruined a lot of thing in the august update.This is ridiculous.I don’t think I gonna buy Halo 4 because the sound of the guns are so much different and strange and the armour is ruined(1 helmet give like +20 speed(example)).So I see that Halo 4 is a game for kids.If Bungie was there now,there will be not all that problems now.

I hated pre-TU, or “Bungie’s Reach.” It was just a random mess.

Armor is not giving any advantages. It is going to be the same as always. There are no abilities ingame that modify base player settings like speed, shield strength, or damage.