Bungie vs 343i

Which company do you prefer ? do you believe 343 are good or should halo have ended with bungie?

Infinity Ward.

343i have yet to prove themselves to be capable of making a legit halo game without copying and pasting assets from reach.

Halo CEA: grunts, jackals, elites, hunters, all the vehicles, and several weapon skins were all from reach

Halo 4: Was based off of reach’s game engine. 'nuff said. If you dont believe me, take a good look at the banshee.

> Infinity Ward.

lol at this guy… If the question was for Bungie of 343i, don’t put your idea for IW in. IW and Treyarch do Modern Realistic shooters. If they did Halo in that way, we would see a Halo every year and it would be like COD is today, just like Madden and NCAA games. Stale.

i say 343i
(and for all of you who say they coped cod the rest is for you)

i must ask how come

Loadouts
Sprinting
Ranking system indicating time spent playing not skill
Weapon skins
Join in progress

associate with cod all the time? lets see what other game’s (that i have played have these)

loadouts tf2,tribes ascend,planetside 2,borderlands (sort of),gears of war, any i messed?

sprinting, gears of war, halo reach,half-life 2,skyrim,slender, any i messed?

Ranking system indicating time spent playing not skill, the only ones i have played are, tribes ascend, planetside 2, please add to this

Weapon skins, gears of war,(as counting any skin tribes ascend has player skins,no more i can think of at the moment

Join in progress, gears of war, tribes ascend,tf2,planetside 2,garrys mod,as far as i know borderlands on pc
now please add to this list

> > Infinity Ward.
>
> lol at this guy… If the question was for Bungie of 343i, don’t put your idea for IW in. IW and Treyarch do Modern Realistic shooters. If they did Halo in that way, we would see a Halo every year and it would be like COD is today, just like Madden and NCAA games. Stale.

Halo 4 is already stale because 343 copied and pasted Reach/CODesque mechanics into the game. For some reason they decided to build on what is widely accepted to be the worst Halo, which bit 343 in the -Yoink-.

> 343i have yet to prove themselves to be capable of making a legit halo game without copying and pasting assets from reach.
>
> Halo CEA: grunts, jackals, elites, hunters, all the vehicles, and several weapon skins were all from reach
>
> Halo 4: Was based off of reach’s game engine. 'nuff said. If you dont believe me, take a good look at the banshee.

What? Halo 4 is the most inovative halo game since halo ce… Halo 2 and halo 3 had nothing in campaign while halo 4 has a whole new type of enemy. Halo cea isnt a real halo game, its a remake… You gave one example from reach and that was the banshee. If halo 4 was a halo 2 copy and paste we would have the same problems that were having right now…

> 343i have yet to prove themselves to be capable of making a legit halo game without copying and pasting assets from reach.
>
> Halo CEA: grunts, jackals, elites, hunters, all the vehicles, and several weapon skins were all from reach
>
> Halo 4: Was based off of reach’s game engine. 'nuff said. If you dont believe me, take a good look at the banshee.

Er… every Halo game (albeit Wars) has used the same engine with lots of reused assets.

> > 343i have yet to prove themselves to be capable of making a legit halo game without copying and pasting assets from reach.
> >
> > Halo CEA: grunts, jackals, elites, hunters, all the vehicles, and several weapon skins were all from reach
> >
> > Halo 4: Was based off of reach’s game engine. 'nuff said. If you dont believe me, take a good look at the banshee.
>
> What? Halo 4 is the most inovative halo game since halo ce… Halo 2 and halo 3 had nothing in campaign while halo 4 has a whole new type of enemy. Halo cea isnt a real halo game, its a remake… You gave one example from reach and that was the banshee. If halo 4 was a halo 2 copy and paste we would have the same problems that were having right now…

Except that 2 was much more fun in its unpatched form that Halo 4 is right now/probably ever will be. This game strayed too far from the Halo formula. And copying =/= innovation.

> i say 343i
> (and for all of you who say they coped cod the rest is for you)
>
> i must ask how come
>
> Loadouts
> Sprinting
> Ranking system indicating time spent playing not skill
> Weapon skins
> Join in progress
>
>
> associate with cod all the time? lets see what other game’s (that i have played have these)
>
> loadouts tf2,tribes ascend,planetside 2,borderlands (sort of),gears of war, any i messed?
>
> sprinting, gears of war, halo reach,half-life 2,skyrim,slender, any i messed?
>
> Ranking system indicating time spent playing not skill, the only ones i have played are, tribes ascend, planetside 2, please add to this
>
> Weapon skins, gears of war,(as counting any skin tribes ascend has player skins,no more i can think of at the moment
>
> Join in progress, gears of war, tribes ascend,tf2,planetside 2,garrys mod,as far as i know borderlands on pc
> now please add to this list

\

ARGGGGHH

I hate it when people do this, ‘weapon skins’ do not affect gameplay and thus do not make a game better, and should never be included in the discussion. And just because a game is good and has loadouts doesn’t mean you should copy off it. That’s ridiculous and will simply kill creativity. Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Halo 3 were sick games, and they didn’t need loadouts. By your logic, Brink also had loadouts, and therefore all games with loadouts are bad.

343 have yet to have an original thought

> > 343i have yet to prove themselves to be capable of making a legit halo game without copying and pasting assets from reach.
> >
> > Halo CEA: grunts, jackals, elites, hunters, all the vehicles, and several weapon skins were all from reach
> >
> > Halo 4: Was based off of reach’s game engine. 'nuff said. If you dont believe me, take a good look at the banshee.
>
> What? Halo 4 is the most inovative halo game since halo ce… Halo 2 and halo 3 had nothing in campaign while halo 4 has a whole new type of enemy. Halo cea isnt a real halo game, its a remake… You gave one example from reach and that was the banshee. If halo 4 was a halo 2 copy and paste we would have the same problems that were having right now…

Halo CEA is a remake that 343i made. And Certain Affinity did mm, which was basically a dlc for reach.

Need more examples?
-dmr
-fall damage
-fuel rod gun
-cardboard vehicles
-sprint
-etc.

And if halo 4 was a halo 2 copy, reach fans would die without AA’s, loadouts, and their precious dmr. They might also get pissed off because they dont have enough skill to duel wield two weapons effectively.

> > i say 343i
> > (and for all of you who say they coped cod the rest is for you)
> >
> > i must ask how come
> >
> > Loadouts
> > Sprinting
> > Ranking system indicating time spent playing not skill
> > Weapon skins
> > Join in progress
> >
> >
> > associate with cod all the time? lets see what other game’s (that i have played have these)
> >
> > loadouts tf2,tribes ascend,planetside 2,borderlands (sort of),gears of war, any i messed?
> >
> > sprinting, gears of war, halo reach,half-life 2,skyrim,slender, any i messed?
> >
> > Ranking system indicating time spent playing not skill, the only ones i have played are, tribes ascend, planetside 2, please add to this
> >
> > Weapon skins, gears of war,(as counting any skin tribes ascend has player skins,no more i can think of at the moment
> >
> > Join in progress, gears of war, tribes ascend,tf2,planetside 2,garrys mod,as far as i know borderlands on pc
> > now please add to this list
>
>
>
> ARGGGGHH
>
> I hate it when people do this, ‘weapon skins’ do not affect gameplay and thus do not make a game better, and should never be included in the discussion. And just because a game is good and has loadouts doesn’t mean you should copy off it. That’s ridiculous and will simply kill creativity. Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Halo 3 were sick games, and they didn’t need loadouts. By your logic, Brink also had loadouts, and therefore all games with loadouts are bad.

you seem to not notice that tf2,planetsiide 2, tribes ascend,gears of war,all have loadouts and are good, you are twisting my words to what you want to hear.

Bungie gave us Halos 1-3.

343 gave us Halo 4.

Bungie wins because Halos 1-3 were awesome while Halo 4 is a horrible, horrible game.

They are the same and I fully expect great games from 343. However, I chose Bungie because they were smarter with there money dealings. 343 has messed up the LE and has an automated ban system (boosters’ dream…). And considering they are being fueled by Microsoft, I don’t think they had to go that far. 343 has made an image of a money hungry giant. Treyarch/Infinity Ward have a better image at the moment.

> i say 343i
> (and for all of you who say they coped cod the rest is for you)
>
> i must ask how come
>
> Loadouts
> Sprinting
> Ranking system indicating time spent playing not skill
> Weapon skins
> Join in progress
>
>
> associate with cod all the time? lets see what other game’s (that i have played have these)
>
> loadouts tf2,tribes ascend,planetside 2,borderlands (sort of),gears of war, any i messed?
>
> sprinting, gears of war, halo reach,half-life 2,skyrim,slender, any i messed?
>
> Ranking system indicating time spent playing not skill, the only ones i have played are, tribes ascend, planetside 2, please add to this
>
> Weapon skins, gears of war,(as counting any skin tribes ascend has player skins,no more i can think of at the moment
>
> Join in progress, gears of war, tribes ascend,tf2,planetside 2,garrys mod,as far as i know borderlands on pc
> now please add to this list

Frank even said that they were going to try to learn things from the COD franchise. They did copy some things from COD to try to imitate and to also try to steal some players from the COD fanbase. Get over it.

> > > i say 343i
> > > (and for all of you who say they coped cod the rest is for you)
> > >
> > > i must ask how come
> > >
> > > Loadouts
> > > Sprinting
> > > Ranking system indicating time spent playing not skill
> > > Weapon skins
> > > Join in progress
> > >
> > >
> > > associate with cod all the time? lets see what other game’s (that i have played have these)
> > >
> > > loadouts tf2,tribes ascend,planetside 2,borderlands (sort of),gears of war, any i messed?
> > >
> > > sprinting, gears of war, halo reach,half-life 2,skyrim,slender, any i messed?
> > >
> > > Ranking system indicating time spent playing not skill, the only ones i have played are, tribes ascend, planetside 2, please add to this
> > >
> > > Weapon skins, gears of war,(as counting any skin tribes ascend has player skins,no more i can think of at the moment
> > >
> > > Join in progress, gears of war, tribes ascend,tf2,planetside 2,garrys mod,as far as i know borderlands on pc
> > > now please add to this list
> >
> >
> >
> > ARGGGGHH
> >
> > I hate it when people do this, ‘weapon skins’ do not affect gameplay and thus do not make a game better, and should never be included in the discussion. And just because a game is good and has loadouts doesn’t mean you should copy off it. That’s ridiculous and will simply kill creativity. Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Halo 3 were sick games, and they didn’t need loadouts. By your logic, Brink also had loadouts, and therefore all games with loadouts are bad.
>
> you seem to not notice that tf2,planetsiide 2, tribes ascend,gears of war,all have loadouts and are good, you are twisting my words to what you want to hear.

Your words mean nothing because you can’t grasp the concept of mainstream. If you ask most gamers to name a game that has custom loadouts, they’ll probably say COD. If you ask a gamer which game has perks, they’ll probably say COD. See where I’m going? It doesn’t matter who started it, it matters who made it mainstream. More people associate those things with COD, so we’ll just say that 343 ripped from COD. Pointing out who truly created said mechanic detracts nothing from the argument.