Bungie.net Sneakernet

Hello. I’m a regular user on Bungie’s site and I have a question for 343/Waypoint staff:

There is a feature on Bungie’s site, called Sneakernet, that allows one to manually update their H:R stats on Bungie.net. You use a 64 digit code located on the “Network Status” tab of the menu to do this. For the last few months I have been able to use this feature to update my Bnet profile several times without any problems. However, recently it has been giving me problems.

I was wondering if there’s an issue on 343’s end. Does anyone know?

> Link to Sneakernet thread on Bungie.net.

Any info/help is greatly appreciated.

> Hello. I’m a regular user on Bungie’s site and I have a question for 343/Waypoint staff:
>
> There is a feature on Bungie’s site, called Sneakernet, that allows one to manually update their H:R stats on Bungie.net. You use a 64 digit code located on the “Network Status” tab of the menu to do this. For the last few months I have been able to use this feature to update my Bnet profile several times without any problems. However, recently it has been giving me problems.
>
> I was wondering if there’s an issue on 343’s end. Does anyone know?
>
>
>
> > Link to Sneakernet thread on Bungie.net.
>
> Any info/help is greatly appreciated.

I would ask some Bungie members 343i doesnt have access to B.net

Never heard of this Sneaker.net but if it wasn’t Unannounced i would be careful posting information on it. You GT could get stolen.

Edit: i think that was the April fools Link that Bungie did.

> Never heard of this Sneaker.net but if it wasn’t Unannounced i would be careful posting information on it. You GT could get stolen.
>
> Edit: i think that was the April fools Link that Bungie did.

Except it’s not a prank. It actually works. It updates your emblem and armour. It’s a Bungie thing, though, so asking here won’t help.

> > Never heard of this Sneaker.net but if it wasn’t Unannounced i would be careful posting information on it. You GT could get stolen.
> >
> > Edit: i think that was the April fools Link that Bungie did.
>
> Except it’s not a prank. It actually works. It updates your emblem and armour. It’s a Bungie thing, though, so asking here won’t help.

Heard rumors about something working but i never knew this was it. Usaually Bungie throws something like this in their Mail Sack O.o…Well i love my armor and my emblem so i’m not changing nothing. :smiley:

> > Never heard of this Sneaker.net but if it wasn’t Unannounced i would be careful posting information on it. You GT could get stolen.
> >
> > Edit: i think that was the April fools Link that Bungie did.
>
> Except it’s not a prank. It actually works. It updates your emblem and armour. It’s a Bungie thing, though, so asking here won’t help.

I used it once or twice, and it does actually work. I’m not sure what would cause it to stop working, though, as there haven’t been any major updates (that I’m aware of).

> Hello. I’m a regular user on Bungie’s site and I have a question for 343/Waypoint staff:
>
> There is a feature on Bungie’s site, called Sneakernet, that allows one to manually update their H:R stats on Bungie.net. You use a 64 digit code located on the “Network Status” tab of the menu to do this. For the last few months I have been able to use this feature to update my Bnet profile several times without any problems. However, recently it has been giving me problems.
>
> I was wondering if there’s an issue on 343’s end. Does anyone know?
>
>
>
> > Link to Sneakernet thread on Bungie.net.
>
> Any info/help is greatly appreciated.

Bungie.net was disconnected from current Halo stats on March 31st of this year. It currently exists as a temporary archive of stats up to that point. Eventually there won’t be any Halo stats on B.net (or so we’ve been told).

Regarding the code you enter on you B.net account, this is only used to generate a current image and 360 degree video of your Reach player model. It can’t be used to update your stats, unfortunately.

Here is a link to the page where you can do so:

http://www.bungie.net/Account/playermodel.aspx