Bungie.net Reach Forums Getting Ridiculous

Mods are out of Control, users are getting worse by the day…

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=61905513

That is just one example that thread was locked and the user deleted because of his hate for Arena…

But it isnt just that more prominent member like Sanual Jackson, Viper Skills, and B Rye are starting to troll. Seriously these well known members are now trolling people!

What the heck has happened over there, are the forums going to be taken down and if so is the influx of personel going to come here and do what they do there?

Because If that is what is going to happen, I do not want to be a part of 343.

My question is will the 343 Mods be able to handle behavior like this or will members have to defend themselves from people trolling them often like on Bnet?

[deleted]

This is not Halo discussion.

These boards are for Halo, and Halo-related discussion. I don’t mean to rage out on the OP here, but I’m getting sick of everyone talking about Bnet here. It’s a wasteland of trolls and 12 year olds. We get it. There’s no need to discuss Bnet here, just be glad that it isn’t the only place to go for Halo discussion now…

I realize not everyone from Bnet is a troll or an ignoramus.

Now please…Can we stop talking about how Bnet is going to ruin Waypoint, or the GRD Helmet being the new Recon, or how Bungie.net is horrible…And get back to talking about Halo?

> This is not Halo discussion.
>
> These boards are for Halo, and Halo-related discussion. I don’t mean to rage out on the OP here, but I’m getting sick of everyone talking about Bnet here. It’s a wasteland of trolls and 12 year olds. We get it. There’s no need to discuss Bnet here, just be glad that it isn’t the only place to go for Halo discussion now…
>
> I realize not everyone from Bnet is a troll or an ignoramus.
>
> Now please…Can we stop talking about how Bnet is going to ruin Waypoint, or the GRD Helmet being the new Recon, or how Bungie.net is horrible…And get back to talking about Halo?

but you dont get it this is Halo related.

bnet used to be the best place for information and responses like this are making it ten times worse. If you truely dont mean to rage out then dont rage reply, this applies to Halo Reach Forums on Bnet which is transfering to 343 and nothing has been officially stated about the forums staying up or not.

> This is not Halo discussion.
>
> These boards are for Halo, and Halo-related discussion. I don’t mean to rage out on the OP here, but I’m getting sick of everyone talking about Bnet here. It’s a wasteland of trolls and 12 year olds. We get it. There’s no need to discuss Bnet here, just be glad that it isn’t the only place to go for Halo discussion now…
>
> I realize not everyone from Bnet is a troll or an ignoramus.
>
> Now please…Can we stop talking about how Bnet is going to ruin Waypoint, or the GRD Helmet being the new Recon, or how Bungie.net is horrible…And get back to talking about Halo?

No…these particular boards are for “General Discussion”.

It’s been said countless times. Just as often as the end of the world argument.

But the fact is that the mods will not be the one to make the trolls of the world not want to come back. It’s US.

Simple: We keep all of our responses clean and to the point, trolls will disappear. We stoop to their level, mods have to get involved, people get warned, people get banned, and this whole thing turns into a mess.

Keep it clean, and kill 'em with kindness.

If I can interject Many of us on Bungie.net hate the Reach forum becuase it is full of really dumb people who like to troll all day.

Don’t let that be a representation of us.

Many of us have a deep passion for the Halo series and like Reach.

> If I can interject Many of us on Bungie.net hate the Reach forum becuase it is full of really dumb people who like to troll all day.
>
> Don’t let that be a representation of us.
>
> Many of us have a deep passion for the Halo series and like Reach.

I forgot to add in this, too. Not everyone from Bungie should be so quickly classified as a troll. Matter of fact, I think most of us came from there in some fashion.

Talking about armor updates is legit, thus GRD helmet sightings and theories are ok.

All the people still using bungie.net will be here soon. I like the way it is on waypoint the users are so cool and dont troll
:frowning:

> All the people still using bungie.net will be here soon. I like the way it is on waypoint the users are so cool and dont troll
> :frowning:

I swear, we’ve got some trolls in disguise around here…

Hmm… Im thinking your being sarcastic. -__-

They are the trolls, we are the ones annoyed with it. Like rukizzel mentioned, we have to be the ones who are civil if they choose to come over here.

From my point of view, we can’t put all of B.net users into the pool of troll. Throwing the baby out with the bath water won’t make the legit B.net users who do choose to migrate over here feel welcome because all they will see is 343 users bashing B.net and then a whole 'nother flame war will start. Just something to think about.

> Since this forum contains some of the maturest groupings of people I’ve seen on the internet, I don’t think we have to worry about Bungie forums migration for a while.
>
> They can get their derpity-derpa-derp high off seeing posts defending AL and bloom on Bungie, but they’ll never see it here, so they’ll most likely never come.

I agree with this. I remember coming on here for the first time in a few months thinking. “What is… Mature… why… how…? Kay.” Word for word.

The Reach forums are getting overly annoying. I’m slowly migrating over here now.