Bungie created the Guardians

I thought this was very interesting when I came across this many months ago but never posted it because I’d assumed somebody else probably already brought it up but I haven’t seen it so far & due to a lot of flak 343 is getting I figured I’d point this out. Bungie & NOT 343 came up with the Guardians, not just the name & idea of them but their physical appearance as well. In the 2008 book “The Art of Halo 3” on pages 30-31 you see a tidbit about the Guardians, as well as Concept art!!! They look almost the same (some of them) as 343’s final designs. They have the size, floating pieces, hard light & one even has the same bird-like appearance as the ones in 343’s game! I wish I could post pictures but I’m unable to. If anybody could that’d be appreciated. Anyways what do you guys think?

I remember that in Halo 2 if you died in an unconventional way (trying to glitch out of the map) it would give the kill to the guardians. Those were the days!

343i are not trying to make Halo into something completely off from what we have known.

They are running with Bungies ideas. I remember hearing something about them having a massive book called the Halo bible

IMHO the most important and influential IP creators from Bun _ _ _ ARE 343i !

We’ve been getting killed by the Guardians for years!

Also 343 are made up of a good number of ex Bungie employees.
… And also microsoft own anything halo, so any concepts Bungie ever did are owned by Microsoft to use as they want… i think.

Yes but look up that page if you have that book…there are H5 guardians in the H3 concept art!!! Also the original story for HCE was that when you put Cortana in the Halo control room console she went rampant with all the Forerunner knowledge & the pure destructive power of installation 04 at her hands that she became hell bent on wiping out organics or humans or something along those lines…so technically H5G is very Bungie. My only beef with 343 is that aesthetically a lot doesn’t seem Halo-esque (i.e. ibiesh Jackals, storm elite helmets, unsc font & non Mjolnir uuniforms, & sadly no drones or Brutes…I love Brutes!)

> 2533274810206488;6:
> Also 343 are made up of a good number of ex Bungie employees.
> … And also microsoft own anything halo, so any concepts Bungie ever did are owned by Microsoft to use as they want… i think.

Nope, this is a very common myth that seems to perpetuate and not die (I have to laugh every time I see this now lol). Only a small handfull of Bungie employees transitioned to 343 and even less are working there now :wink:

> 2533274813317074;8:
> > 2533274810206488;6:
> > Also 343 are made up of a good number of ex Bungie employees.
> > … And also microsoft own anything halo, so any concepts Bungie ever did are owned by Microsoft to use as they want… i think.
>
>
> Nope, this is a very common myth that seems to perpetuate and not die (I have to laugh every time I see this now lol). Only a small handfull of Bungie employees transitioned to 343 and even less are working there now :wink:

like 3 or 4

> 2576836393959214;3:
> 343i are not trying to make Halo into something completely off from what we have known.
>
> They are running with Bungies ideas. I remember hearing something about them having a massive book called the Halo bible

That would be the “Halo Story Bible” and it is in possession by nome other than Frank “Frankie” O’Connor in a safe under lock and key.

The Halo story bible was penned by Bungie themselves during the early days of Halo.