Bungie & Community - Did We Stop Caring About Vehicles in Maps?

Haven’t you ever wondered why Vehicles aren’t in normal gametypes like Squad Battles, Arena, and etc.? I’m not talking about Maps that should be used for BTB like Hemmorage but 4v4 or 5v5 Team Slayer maps that were so fun in Halo 3.

Now I know you guys may say that this is Reach, and Halo 3 was in the past!.. But don’t you miss splattering people with the Ghost on High Grounds and destroying the other team on Vahalla when they had a Banshee? Or even taking the Ghost and going on a splatter spree in the Team Slayer playlist on Isolation? Don’t you miss this people?

Now from my perspective it seems like Bungie AND the Community have drifted off from Vehicles when it comes to 4v4 Maps. The new Community Maps that were implemented are pretty cool but no vehicles? It’s like every time I see a forge map it doesn’t have vehicles which flourished so much in Halo 3. Why isn’t Reach getting this same type of love?

The Community Maps that are being implemented should have vehicles like the Ghost or the Warthog. I should haven’t to be going into BTB or Invasion just to get some Vehicular Love. Vehicles seems to be missing from the majority of default maps including the DLC Map Packs. Don’t you just find it odd that the only maps with Vehicles are the BTB maps?

What is stopping Bungie and the Community from getting Vehicles into Matchmaking in Slayer Maps? Is it Armor Lock? Is it the Movement settings? Or has people stopped caring about Vehicles?Please discuss.

> Haven’t you ever wondered why Vehicles aren’t in normal gametypes like Squad Battles, Arena, and etc.? I’m not talking about Maps that should be used for BTB like Hemmorage but 4v4 or 5v5 Team Slayer maps that were so fun in Halo 3.
>
> Now I know you guys may say that this is Reach, and Halo 3 was in the past!.. But don’t you miss splattering people with the Ghost on High Grounds and destroying the other team on Vahalla when they had a Banshee? Or even taking the Ghost and going on a splatter spree in the Team Slayer playlist on Isolation? Don’t you miss this people?
>
> Now from my perspective it seems like Bungie AND the Community have drifted off from Vehicles when it comes to 4v4 Maps. The new Community Maps that were implemented are pretty cool but no vehicles? It’s like every time I see a forge map it doesn’t have vehicles which flourished so much in Halo 3. Why isn’t Reach getting this same type of love?
>
> The Community Maps that are being implemented should have vehicles like the Ghost or the Warthog. I should haven’t to be going into BTB or Invasion just to get some Vehicular Love. Vehicles seems to be missing from the majority of default maps including the DLC Map Packs. Don’t you just find it odd that the only maps with Vehicles are the BTB maps?
>
> What is stopping Bungie and the Community from getting Vehicles into Matchmaking in Slayer Maps? Is it Armor Lock? Is it the Movement settings? Or has people stopped caring about Vehicles?Please discuss.

what gametypes / maps were you thinking they needed vehicles in? i mean… adding a banshee in non-big team is basically always asking for trouble because a skilled banshee pilot can decimate teams, effectively making it so every time it spawns, the person who gets in it uncontested gets a ‘free’ 5-10 kills for his team. thats quite a bit. i didnt enjoy playing halo 2’s ‘pinnacle’ (i cant think of the name) when it had the banshee in the gametype.

i think a lot of the time vehicles are simply too strong, especially against people who just spawned without an effective gun to take them down with.

i care…

seriously though, put more vehicles in, and more people will want more Armor Lock.

More armor lock = more Reach Whiners posting on the boards about how they think it’s broke.

So… keep it the way it is now, and don’t give the whiners any more reason to whine.

> i care…
>
> seriously though, put more vehicles in, and more people will want more Armor Lock.
>
> More armor lock = more Reach Whiners posting on the boards about how they think it’s broke.
>
> So… keep it the way it is now, and don’t give the whiners any more reason to whine.

Direct quote from Bungie, “What do you wanna be? Invisible? You wanna fly? You wanna turn to stone?”.

Giving the players more choice in combat is good. I dont see why they didnt let us choose a Load-Out at the start of each round. I think Halo could also benefit from everyone spawning with Rockets, Snipe, and Armor Lock.

Bungie missed the mark, too bad its there last attempt. Maybe 343 can step it up for their first game.

Smart, not reckless driving and gunning can shred the enemy. Reckless driving and gunning will get you killed by a coordinated team or a guy baiting you with Armour-Lock.

Damn Banshee against an uncoordinated team.

Armor lock is fine. It’s noobs who can’t take out someone with Armor Lock who complain :wink:

Learn to adapt.

ANYWAY, regarding the original post…

…there aren’t really any 4v4 or 5v5 maps that can take a vehicle. Most of them are indoors, and the ones that ARE outside aren’t designed to accommodate any vehicles.

UNLESS you want to see 4v4/5v5 played on Blood Gulch every time.

-N

Just to clarify, as I know this isn’t the topic of the thread, I myself have no problem with Armor Lock, and think Whiners need to adapt.

I’m just giving the reason you might not see so many vehicles these days.

i feel as though vehicles have gotten a pretty bad rep, like, most people associate them with being “nooby” weapons. Also, and i really hate to say this, but… vehicles aren’t really fun in this game. most of them are paper, and are brought down very quickly by even partially coordinated teams. the ghost and mongoose are pitiful to drive, with the ghost having pretty bad firepower now and splattering being much less useful, and the mongoose being less stable and more fragile and incapable of reaching good momentum… in halo there were specific weapons to take out vehicles that would spawn every minute or so, but with the DMR there are vehicle counters at all times, meaning that getting into a (non-heavy) vehicle is like signing your death warrant.

and im pretty sure the reason why there aren’t many vehicles in squad slayer/team slayer is because the maps aren’t really vehicle compatable (powerhouse, sword base, countdown, that elite stage, space station, and a few others just cant fit vehicles on them… i think the only one is highland?). most of the bigger maps aren’t fun with 4 people and you can’t integrate them into the playlists (remember H2 coagulation 4v4? i wish i didn’t).

> Learn to adapt

> Whiners need to adapt

Please stop making comments like this. These are annoying statements that don’t add to the thread.

> > Learn to adapt
>
>
>
> > Whiners need to adapt
>
> Please stop making comments like this. These are annoying statements that don’t add to the thread.

Please don’t quote me out of context.

You ask why we stopped caring about vehicles, which assumes we stopped caring about vehicles, when we did not stop caring.

“Why did you murder that person?”

Precludes the idea that I didn’t murder anyone.

So I can stop giving answers that offend you, if you agree to not ask questions that offend me. Deal?

Ultimately, you might not like my answers, but they’re honest. I believe Bungie is gun shy and wont add vehicles in because more vehicles means more AL and more AL means more whining.

I don’t think my logic is that hard to follow.

I can understand how some people would be inadvertently offended by it, but no one seemed to care when you titled your thread, so I didn’t care either.

You asked my honest opinion. And my honest opinion is that if people adapted to AL and got over their hang ups to it, we could have more vehicle play.

If you noticed in my two quotes there is “adapt” in them. Those are annoying troll comments from the Reach forum. Thats what I am hating. I have no problem if you think people won’t like vehicles since Armor Lock will be in there but saying unnecessary comments like “adapt” is truly annoying for me since I have been watching the forums at Bnet for quite a while.

Man, I remember the good times on Stand-off with the Vehicles. 4v4+^ was always fun with vehicles on that map. I didn’t notice the less vehicle usage in Reach before, but I am sure I will now. Thanks a lot. :stuck_out_tongue:
It would be cool if they did drop in some more vehicles, but we would need maps suitable for them also. We have a dilemma.

The reason we see less vehicles in Halo is because of how many counters to them we have now…
In Halo 3 we had:

• Bruteshot
  • Rocket launcher
  • Fuel Rod Cannon
  • Grenades
  • Spartan Laser
  • Plasma Pistol
  • Other vehicles

In Reach we have:

• Armor Lock
  • DMR
  • Sniper
  • Plasma Launcher
  • Rocket Launcher
  • Fuel Rod Cannon
  • Grenades
  • Grenade Launcher
  • Jetpack
  • Evade
  • Sprint (arguable)
  • Plasma Pistol
  • Concussion Rifle
  • Other vehicles

And most of the weapons that passed over from Halo 3 to Reach have become even more anti-vehicle, like the Rocket Launcher having a bigger blast radius and being able to track air vehicles, or like how the Grenades do a butt-load more damage, etc.
Either the vehicles didn’t receive the necessary buff to combat the weapons, or the weapons received an unnecessary buff.

Also, there’s a reason why we don’t live by Hammarabi’s code. Just throwing that out there for a certain someone.

I’m more annoyed at the fact that a ghost is destroyed by a DMR so easily
It negates the use of anti-vehicle weapons because they aren’t needed.
Hell, a team of people with just DMR’s can take down a tank, that isn’t right.
Vehicles have been made obsolete, they aren’t fun anymore

> > seriously though, put more vehicles in, and more people will want more Armor Lock.
>
> No… Only terrible people who don’t have thumbs will want more Armor Lock.

> If you noticed in my two quotes there is “adapt” in them. Those are annoying troll comments from the Reach forum. Thats what I am hating. I have no problem if you think people won’t like vehicles since Armor Lock will be in there but saying unnecessary comments like “adapt” is truly annoying for me since I have been watching the forums at Bnet for quite a while.

Since you’re making your thread about airing grievances, THIS is my problem:

You ask for an honest community response, I give it to you. You don’t like my answer, so you make this into me trolling you.

Someone else trolls though, and you let it slide. The guy I quoted above is that case.

I at least gave you a reason for the lack of vehicles in match making, and you call me a troll for it.

ZomeChiiN here… trolls my honest reply, and doesn’t add anything to the conversation about vehicles in match making.

But because I’m of the opinion that: “players who can’t adapt are why we can’t have nice things”, I’M the troll?

Dude, I answered your question, this has nothing to do with Bnet. Sorry you didn’t like the answer.

Lol at “adapting to armor lock”. Yeah, I’d rather not stand there for another 7 seconds waiting to kill my opponent who was going to die anyway. Standing there, looking like a complete idiot. It ruins the fast-paced action that Halo used to have.

> Lol at “adapting to armor lock”. Yeah, I’d rather not stand there for another 7 seconds waiting to kill my opponent who was going to die anyway. Standing there, looking like a complete idiot. It ruins the fast-paced action that Halo used to have.

A perfect example xDark! The haters whine so much and in every thread about their point, that they can’t even stop to post about the subject of the thread they are in.

This thread is about vehicles in Halo Reach. I’m not trolling, I said you can’t have vehicles because of AL haters.

But these guys, ignore the question and RAGE about AL. Them not being able to stay on topic derails efforts to make great improvements to this game like adding more vehicles (which again, I believe they should do)!

> > Lol at “adapting to armor lock”. Yeah, I’d rather not stand there for another 7 seconds waiting to kill my opponent who was going to die anyway. Standing there, looking like a complete idiot. It ruins the fast-paced action that Halo used to have.
>
> A perfect example xDark! The haters whine so much and in every thread about their point, that they can’t even stop to post about the subject of the thread they are in.
>
> This thread is about vehicles in Halo Reach. I’m not trolling, I said you can’t have vehicles because of AL haters.
>
> But these guys, ignore the question and RAGE about AL. Them not being able to stay on topic derails efforts to make great improvements to this game like adding more vehicles (which again, I believe they should do)!

Lol, don’t start sucking up. I just happened to stumble across your comment, so I gave my opinion.

In Halo 3, 7 of 20 Team Slayer maps had vehicles whereas in Reach, only 1 of 14 Team Slayer maps has vehicles. Halo 3 definitely had a lot more vehicle lovin on Team Slayer than in Reach. I like having the medium sized maps with a couple vehicles mixed in, Last Resort being my favorite.

Halo 3

4v4- Has Vehicles

High Ground

Isolation

Last Resort

Rat’s Nest

Sandbox

Snowbound

Standoff

4v4- No Vehicle

Assembly

Blackout

Citadel

Cold Storage

Construct

Epitaph

Foundry

Ghost Town

Guardian

Heretic

Narrows

Orbital

The Pit

BTB

Avalanche

Longshore

Sandtrap

Valhalla

Halo Reach

4v4 Has Vehicles

Tempest

4v4 No Vehicle

Boardwalk

Countdown

Powerhouse

Reflection

Sword Base

Zealot

Anchor 9

Condemned

Asylum

Pinnacle

The Cage

Atom

Cliffhanger

BTB

Boneyard

Spire

Breakpoint

Hemorrhage

Paradiso

High Lands

> I’m not trolling, I said you can’t have vehicles because of AL haters.

Are you implying that vehicles become overpowered once AL is removed?

X’D