Bumper Jumper: Change X to Crouch, LS to AA

So as everyone knows, the Halo 4 Controller Layouts were released.
http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/halo-4-controller-layouts#slide=52165706

I think they’re decent, Fishsticks is a clever name for COD controls, they wised up and started using the D-Pad, and I like their Recon layout.

Their Bumper Jumper is relatively faithful to Halo: Reach, in that Armor Ability is in a bad place, especially if you want to look around while Jetpacking.

This bothers me alot, and I see a clear solution to this problem. X should be the Crouch button (most of the new layouts have Crouch as a button anyways) and clicking the Left Stick should trigger your Armor Ability. This way, you can maneuver, look, and use your AA with ease.

If anyone else has a better way of fixing this problem, I’d love to hear it. I also considered having B be the Crouch button and X be the reload and Left Stick again being the AA button, but that is less likely for them to change, because it requires even more messingwith their layouts.

No, more people than not would hate it

> No, more people than not would hate it

Do you mind elaborating?

Long time bumper jumper user here. I hate the idea of a button other than left stick for crouch.

If you did this, then you would lose more than you gain. The biggest reason people use Bumper Jumper is because they can run, jump, melee, and crouch all without moving their fingers. Crouch jumping is a very integral part to using this layout, as it helps to better dodge bullets, especially headshots.

Sure, you have a disadvantage in AA, but every layout has its weakness. No one layout should be end all to beat all(like bumper jumper of halo 3). Either way, AAs are a much less integral part of gameplay in halo 4 than in Reach, so it won’t effect you nearly as much to not be able to use them easily. no more jetpack either(at least not in multiplayer) so don’t worry.

So holding down the left stick is going to make jet packing better? Trying to sprint in CoD and BF3 is a pain already. Because of all the delays while sprinting. Imagine trying to jetpack and start, stop, start, stop. Just hold down X.

> If you did this, then you would lose more than you gain. The biggest reason people use Bumper Jumper is because they can run, jump, melee, and crouch all without moving their fingers. Crouch jumping is a very integral part to using this layout, as it helps to better dodge bullets, especially headshots.
>
> Sure, you have a disadvantage in AA, but every layout has its weakness. No one layout should be end all to beat all(like bumper jumper of halo 3). Either way, AAs are a much less integral part of gameplay in halo 4 than in Reach, so it won’t effect you nearly as much to not be able to use them easily. no more jetpack either(at least not in multiplayer) so don’t worry.

You make a good point, are you sure there is no Jetpack in MP? Because there is footage of it from Spartan Ops.

So they’ve changed it to reach standards now? Awesome.

Your idea is horrible and the fix to the problem you outlined is having AAs being able to be toggled. If you can press x once to use the the AA and then press it again to stop using it, bumper jumpers can easily use any AA. I like having crouch on LS, it allows for better and faster usage of crouch in avoiding fire.

Bumper jumper is perfect as it is, If you want to use a jetpack there’s nothing you from using your middle finger on the trigger and your index finger on X… that’s what I do anyway and it’s really quite simple.

> > If you did this, then you would lose more than you gain. The biggest reason people use Bumper Jumper is because they can run, jump, melee, and crouch all without moving their fingers. Crouch jumping is a very integral part to using this layout, as it helps to better dodge bullets, especially headshots.
> >
> > Sure, you have a disadvantage in AA, but every layout has its weakness. No one layout should be end all to beat all(like bumper jumper of halo 3). Either way, AAs are a much less integral part of gameplay in halo 4 than in Reach, so it won’t effect you nearly as much to not be able to use them easily. no more jetpack either(at least not in multiplayer) so don’t worry.
>
> You make a good point, are you sure there is no Jetpack in MP? Because there is footage of it from Spartan Ops.

We know its not in war games, but it could still be in spartan ops, campaign, and possibly forge. However you will not be ably to spawn with it in matchmaking as of yet.