Bump up Infinite's Sprint a tad bit

Watching the live stream for this next Tech Preview has seeing sprint has not been adjusted. So it was Clunky in Reach, slightly improved in Halo 4, much better in 5, and near perfect in Infinite so far. Whatever game has the fastest sprinting speed (probably Halo 5)… compare it to Infinite’s. Its like you have a rope tied around your waist for not sprinting too fast, even if the animation wants to.

Example: Halo 5s sprint increased base movement speed by 15 percent. Halo Infinite feels at about 8 percent. Increasing it to 11 or 12 makes sprint worth using as they intend it to be used.

Yeah I think this is one of the few sandbox changes that is needed. Most everything else feels good, if not perfect, but the sprint is just a bit too slow. Bump that up just a touch and fix some of the aiming issues people were having in the last flight and Infinite would be golden I think.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Nah.

Perhaps a change could be made in the speed of the sprint depending on the game mode, if it is a 4vs4 map leave it at that 8%, and if it is a BTB increase it to 12%

> 2533274842428280;4:
> Perhaps a change could be made in the speed of the sprint depending on the game mode, if it is a 4vs4 map leave it at that 8%, and if it is a BTB increase it to 12%

I think something like this would make sense. A slow sprint for 4v4 makes sense, but a slightly faster one would fit the bigger maps a bit better I think. Just from watching the stream, it looked like people were moving a bit slow in BTB.

This is intentional, I believe, and I support it. They’re going for a healthy balance between Halo 4/5 sprint and classic sprintless-based Halo movement. Sprint should not be something you feel the need to use 24/7 around the map until the instant you hit combat. It should primarily be used only in safe areas, at the beginning of the game, in long stretches, etc. It should be used to slightly compliment movement - not become its focal point. We should be sprinting maybe 25% of the time, not 90%, and that’s freeing in a way.

> 2533274855842880;6:
> This is intentional, I believe, and I support it. They’re going for a healthy balance between Halo 4/5 sprint and classic sprintless-based Halo movement. Sprint should not be something you feel the need to use 24/7 around the map until the instant you hit combat. It should primarily be used only in safe areas, at the beginning of the game, in long stretches, etc. It should be used to slightly compliment movement - not become its focal point. We should be sprinting maybe 25% of the time, not 90%, and that’s freeing in a way.

That’s my point! It needs balance. It acts like it wants to be faster, but it cannot be too fast. You literally say what I am asking 343 to do.

> 2533274842428280;4:
> Perhaps a change could be made in the speed of the sprint depending on the game mode, if it is a 4vs4 map leave it at that 8%, and if it is a BTB increase it to 12%

Hmm but the inconsistency, the forgetting that is (if used) a feature…

Will have to play BTB first, but leaning towards no as it could be jarring switching between modes if the core mechanics are different.

From the look of Fragmentation you can traverse the map quickly with vehicles, man canon, grapple, plenty of cover. Faster movement speed could be overkill.

> 2533274801036271;9:
> Will have to play BTB first, but leaning towards no as it could be jarring switching between modes if the core mechanics are different.
>
> From the look of Fragmentation you can traverse the map quickly with vehicles, man canon, grapple, plenty of cover. Faster movement speed could be overkill.

Even so much as a three percent increase?
So I have always been one to not like Sprint’s addition to the series. Each title has the developers improve its implementation more and more. Its near perfect, but they can make it better.

> 2533274805386380;10:
> > 2533274801036271;9:
> > Will have to play BTB first, but leaning towards no as it could be jarring switching between modes if the core mechanics are different.
> >
> > From the look of Fragmentation you can traverse the map quickly with vehicles, man canon, grapple, plenty of cover. Faster movement speed could be overkill.
>
> Even so much as a three percent increase?
> So I have always been one to not like Sprint’s addition to the series. Each title has the developers improve its implementation more and more. Its near perfect, but they can make it better.

It’s pointless we don’t want it increasing to the point where map design is influenced by it this was half of halo 5’s problem. Sprint speed is perfect as it is.

> 2533274885506317;11:
> > 2533274805386380;10:
> > > 2533274801036271;9:
> > > Will have to play BTB first, but leaning towards no as it could be jarring switching between modes if the core mechanics are different.
> > >
> > > From the look of Fragmentation you can traverse the map quickly with vehicles, man canon, grapple, plenty of cover. Faster movement speed could be overkill.
> >
> > Even so much as a three percent increase?
> > So I have always been one to not like Sprint’s addition to the series. Each title has the developers improve its implementation more and more. Its near perfect, but they can make it better.
>
> It’s pointless we don’t want it increasing to the point where map design is influenced by it this was half of halo 5’s problem. Sprint speed is perfect as it is.

It is near perfect. However, it is so nerfed that its the exact same speed as base movement. You could tell playing the tech preview in July.
Its not worthwhile enough to USE without combining it with other mechanics.

Sprint in Infinite is meant to be slower. They explained this already. Sprint is good where it is.

> 2533274901855581;13:
> Sprint in Infinite is meant to be slower. They explained this already. Sprint is good where it is.

It is meant to be. Its so much so that its just about not worth using.

> 2533274805386380;14:
> > 2533274901855581;13:
> > Sprint in Infinite is meant to be slower. They explained this already. Sprint is good where it is.
>
> It is meant to be. Its so much so that its just about not worth using.

It’s an 8/9 % increase so it’s good enough to be used.

> 2533274885506317;15:
> > 2533274805386380;14:
> > > 2533274901855581;13:
> > > Sprint in Infinite is meant to be slower. They explained this already. Sprint is good where it is.
> >
> > It is meant to be. Its so much so that its just about not worth using.
>
> It’s an 8/9 % increase so it’s good enough to be used.

I disagree respectfully.

gonna say no

> 2533274840624875;17:
> gonna say no

And you are welcome to.

have to admit that community halo is the strangest community that exists in games right now. The series stands still. halo infinite is halo ce but with better graphics and sprint animation without sprint xD it took 6 years? competition gives huge maps, expanding, weather effects, bullet ballistics, environmental destruction, 4x more players on the map, not btb 24 … what is this for 2021? i like halo. I’ve played halo ce, halo 2, halo mcc but this series really stands still and I don’t see a future for infinite. the more so as the community argues who and where and for how long is to use the sprint, or only at the beginning of the round or maybe in the middle … a tragedy. I was hoping for more than this halo infinite but was disappointed. even though I felt the vibe halo ce, halo 2, halo 3, otherwise it’s very bad

I wouldn’t say no to a little boost… just a smidge.