Bullets Vs. Jumping

Why is that for some reason when some one starts jumping my bullets seem to do less damage to them? I can be shooting someone with the BR and then he will start jumping and then it seems like it takes forever to kill them. I know I am shooting the person because the hit marks pop up. There has to be a special reason for this because I even find people constantly just jumping around the map and remain jumping when they engage in battle. Can someone please explain to me why this happens?

They are jumping to avoid headshots…

How should I explain this complex procedure?

Well,

In layman’s terms “if you evade the bullets you take less damage”

> Why is that for some reason when some one starts jumping my bullets seem to do less damage to them? I can be shooting someone with the BR and then he will start jumping and then it seems like it takes forever to kill them. I know I am shooting the person because the hit marks pop up. There has to be a special reason for this because I even find people constantly just jumping around the map and remain jumping when they engage in battle. Can someone please explain to me why this happens?

The only explanation is that when they are jumping/dodging, it’s causing you to miss with some of your bullets, or, once their shields are popped, it’s causing you to get body shots instead of headshots. As a tip, if you’re playing against a team of players who use Bumper Jumper (and who bunny hop a lot while shooting), try engaging them from further distances instead of up close. And always -Yoink!- bunny hoppers :slight_smile:

but when my headshots are clearly hitting them after I have already shot them at least 2-3 times with the BR they should not survive that long. It reminds of Reach’s bloom. I feel like shots just dont register.

haha ya i always do give a proper t-bag

> but when my headshots are clearly hitting them after I have already shot them at least 2-3 times with the BR they should not survive that long. It reminds of Reach’s bloom. I feel like shots just dont register.

Not all 3 bullets are hitting with the BR.

Just keep playing and practicing and eventually the jump won’t save them from you. :slight_smile:

> They are jumping to avoid headshots…

This.

For some reason players tends to think that jumping will help them avoid bullets and player x player battles. When in fact, doesn’t, because if you jump, you will loose the chance to shoot and therefore killing the player before he kills you. Unless his aim sucks of course.

Well, Bumper Jumper allows a player to jump and fire at the same time.

That said, I like it when my opponents jump, it makes my shots more precise since they’re on a predictable mid-air path.