Bulletin Gives Hope for Visible Ranks Later

“Will there be a skill-based ranking system?”

We are tracking all player skill data and while it will not be exposed in the game UI at launch, we have some ideas about how to give players access to that information, in a useful way, in the not-so-distant future.

This was pulled directly from the bulletin. I know this won’t satisfy the lot of you visible rank hopefuls, but hopefully it will simmer this whole debacle down a little bit. Now please, a little less rage threads, and a little more maturity :wink:

Ok, some faith restored. Anyways Post Launch when I get way better I would like to see my skill.

Hopefully it’s in game where other people can see.

Frankie has been giving hope for a skill based ranking system for a long time now. Why trust the bulletin? It’s PR damage control.

Anyone and everyone who cares about visible ranks or a workable ranked competitive system like SC2 or halo 3 should heed this statement from 343 as a good sign.

We should then continue to make it known that adding this feature into the game post launch is a good idea.

Remember guys, in the bulletin itself BS angel mentions 343 treating TUs like Blizzard does with SC2 and introducing new content and ideas into the game instead of simple bug fixes.

Most likely in the form of a stat line on your service record.

If they do end up making it visible for you, you guys need to say your sorry. Seriously, you didnt even give them a chance to explain or try to help you.

Honestly, it’s probably a bone they threw everyone; just so we would all quiet down.

I wouldn’t expect too much.

I hope it stays not visible.

Really think it just adds to boosting and cheating to make that number next to a gamertag look bigger and better.

Keep it nonvisible. If mad then be mad at the abusers.

I’m perfectly fine not seeing it. Actually, like it much better.

> Most likely in the form of a stat line on your service record.
>
> If they do end up making it visible for you, you guys need to say your sorry. Seriously, you didnt even give them a chance to explain or try to help you.

Apologize to them? Adding it is their way of apologizing to us. We shouldn’t have to apologize for something we paid for and said we wanted.

> > Most likely in the form of a stat line on your service record.
> >
> > If they do end up making it visible for you, you guys need to say your sorry. Seriously, you didnt even give them a chance to explain or try to help you.
>
> Apologize to them? Adding it is their way of apologizing to us. We shouldn’t have to apologize for something we paid for and said we wanted.

Did you really think it was going to be different? You must not use the forums or the internet very often. We have known for months that there wouldnt be a 1-50 type like system. Frankie said it months ago.

You were never led to believe that a ranking system was the key reason to buy this game. There are numerous reason to buy this game, a ranking system was never touted as the main selling point.

And then you still act as a child about it! Unreal…

What “we” wanted! You have to be kidding me, a million preorders and the “we” is the voice for all those people?