Bullet Magnetism Test

Has anyone been able to pull a bullet magnetism test off in the beta somewhat accurately? In H4 it was dreadful, where you would get hits without even having a reticle on target. I feel like it has been toned down, at least from my perspective, because I seldomly get off target and lose the gunfight, instead of having it corrected for me. Which is exactly how it should be. I’m just wondering if there is any confirmation on this, as it is probably one of if not the most defining factor on whether end up buying Halo 5. I understand that 343 is catering to the younger, fresher audience that has more time for video games now, but I’d really love to see their commitment to renewed competitive play actually substantiate.

> 2533274814808364;1:
> Has anyone been able to pull a bullet magnetism test off in the beta somewhat accurately? In H4 it was dreadful, where you would get hits without even having a reticle on target. I feel like it has been toned down, at least from my perspective, because I seldomly get off target and lose the gunfight, instead of having it corrected for me. Which is exactly how it should be. I’m just wondering if there is any confirmation on this, as it is probably one of if not the most defining factor on whether end up buying Halo 5. I understand that 343 is catering to the younger, fresher audience that has more time for video games now, but I’d really love to see their commitment to renewed competitive play actually substantiate.

I want to see this performed on an AFK player.

> 2533274825410891;2:
> > 2533274814808364;1:
> > Has anyone been able to pull a bullet magnetism test off in the beta somewhat accurately? In H4 it was dreadful, where you would get hits without even having a reticle on target. I feel like it has been toned down, at least from my perspective, because I seldomly get off target and lose the gunfight, instead of having it corrected for me. Which is exactly how it should be. I’m just wondering if there is any confirmation on this, as it is probably one of if not the most defining factor on whether end up buying Halo 5. I understand that 343 is catering to the younger, fresher audience that has more time for video games now, but I’d really love to see their commitment to renewed competitive play actually substantiate.
>
>
> I want to see this performed on an AFK player.

I found this video, and it looks like it’s still at a very egregious level. In my opinion at least.

http://xboxclips.com/mbmonk/28da6ce5-c9b9-45a7-b5d8-6b811a1921af

> 2533274814808364;3:
> > 2533274825410891;2:
> > > 2533274814808364;1:
> > > Has anyone been able to pull a bullet magnetism test off in the beta somewhat accurately? In H4 it was dreadful, where you would get hits without even having a reticle on target. I feel like it has been toned down, at least from my perspective, because I seldomly get off target and lose the gunfight, instead of having it corrected for me. Which is exactly how it should be. I’m just wondering if there is any confirmation on this, as it is probably one of if not the most defining factor on whether end up buying Halo 5. I understand that 343 is catering to the younger, fresher audience that has more time for video games now, but I’d really love to see their commitment to renewed competitive play actually substantiate.
> >
> >
> >
> > I want to see this performed on an AFK player.
>
>
> I found this video, and it looks like it’s still at a very egregious level. In my opinion at least.
>
> http://xboxclips.com/mbmonk/28da6ce5-c9b9-45a7-b5d8-6b811a1921af

Really 343 :expressionless:

You are really going to try to sneak this in again. Aim assist is one thing that is needed, bullet magnetism is just cheap and an extra leg for weak players. Please speak up so 343 removes this garbage mechanic.

I heard somewhere that its increased if youre not using SmartLink ADS.

I’ve noticed a RIDICULOUS amount of NO SCOPES where Im pretty sure people are using this as a way to bypass scoping all together.

I have played you in Halo 5. We beat you 50-40 I think. You were PRO, level, am I right?

OT: It still feels like the game has loads of bullet magnetism.

You’re asking us if there are aim assist tests like this?

I have noticed a few times when I’ve pulled off a no-scope while being off target to the side (no red reticule). It feels like I have to be pretty on with my BR though.

All 343 games have a ton of BM.

> 2603643534597848;7:
> You’re asking us if there are aim assist tests like this?

Don’t even compare offline and online. 2 Completely different things. Halo 3 barrely has aim magnetism online, while Halo 5 has lots.

Its worse when combined with snap scoping.

Sure there’s some, but did you see how many times he shot to kill him?
Only 1-2 of the bullets hit each time.

The Halo 3 BR is a different beast though, the second and third bullet in each burst can be off target, Where Halo2 and 4 BR’s are hit scan.

> 2533274794587107;13:
> The Halo 3 BR is a different beast though, the second and third bullet in each burst can be off target, Where Halo2 and 4 BR’s are hit scan.

… Dependent on range and mostly if in red reticle range or not.

When not in RR-Range, correct, the spread of the 2nd and 3rd bullet can be way off centre. However when one has red reticle assists active, the H3BR barely misses on Arena sized maps.
But having said that, as it stands, the H5BR does not pwn at the same ranges the DMR does SO we know for sure that the H5BR does not hit all its bullets as well.

> 2533274805230315;10:
> > 2603643534597848;7:
> > You’re asking us if there are aim assist tests like this?
>
>
>
>
> Don’t even compare offline and online. 2 Completely different things. Halo 3 barrely has aim magnetism online, while Halo 5 has lots.

I suggest you and your friends go and try this right now. At worst what you mean to say is that H3 had variable aim assists, depending on if you were host or not. (and as you can see, it was a custom online game).

To which that does not save your point, it actually highlights one of H3’s online problems… Of which dedicated servers have little issue with.

Lastly, aim assists don’t change in Halo2 and on whether you’re online or not. The netcode registering the hits properly changes BUT the actual assists do not,

> 2603643534597848;14:
> > 2533274794587107;13:
> > The Halo 3 BR is a different beast though, the second and third bullet in each burst can be off target, Where Halo2 and 4 BR’s are hit scan.
>
>
>
>
> … Dependent on range and mostly if in red reticle range or not.
>
> When not in RR-Range, correct, the spread of the 2nd and 3rd bullet can be way off centre. However when one has red reticle assists active, the H3BR barely misses on Arena sized maps.
> But having said that, as it stands, the H5BR does not pwn at the same ranges the DMR does SO we know for sure that the H5BR does not hit all its bullets as well.
>
>
>
> > 2533274805230315;10:
> > > 2603643534597848;7:
> > > You’re asking us if there are aim assist tests like this?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Don’t even compare offline and online. 2 Completely different things. Halo 3 barrely has aim magnetism online, while Halo 5 has lots.
>
>
> I suggest you and your friends go and try this right now. At worst what you mean to say is that H3 had variable aim assists, depending on if you were host or not. (and as you can see, it was a custom online game).
>
> To which that does not save your point, it actually highlights one of H3’s online problems… Of which dedicated servers have little issue with.
>
> Lastly, aim assists don’t change in Halo2 and on whether you’re online or not. The netcode registering the hits properly changes BUT the actual assists do not,

Bullet magnetism and aim assist are two different things. We are mad about bullet magnetism because you can have the reticle off the target and get a hit.

> 2533274877056440;12:
> Sure there’s some, but did you see how many times he shot to kill him?
> Only 1-2 of the bullets hit each time.

Now test it with a sniper,see if you can get a headshot by aiming next to the targets head like in halo 4.

> 2533274814808364;3:
> > 2533274825410891;2:
> > > 2533274814808364;1:
> > > Has anyone been able to pull a bullet magnetism test off in the beta somewhat accurately? In H4 it was dreadful, where you would get hits without even having a reticle on target. I feel like it has been toned down, at least from my perspective, because I seldomly get off target and lose the gunfight, instead of having it corrected for me. Which is exactly how it should be. I’m just wondering if there is any confirmation on this, as it is probably one of if not the most defining factor on whether end up buying Halo 5. I understand that 343 is catering to the younger, fresher audience that has more time for video games now, but I’d really love to see their commitment to renewed competitive play actually substantiate.
> >
> >
> >
> > I want to see this performed on an AFK player.
>
>
> I found this video, and it looks like it’s still at a very egregious level. In my opinion at least.
>
> http://xboxclips.com/mbmonk/28da6ce5-c9b9-45a7-b5d8-6b811a1921af

343 what the h

> 2533274898131165;15:
> > 2603643534597848;14:
> >
>
>
>
> Bullet magnetism and aim assist are two different things. We are mad about bullet magnetism because you can have the reticle off the target and get a hit.
>
> > 2533274877056440;12:
> > Sure there’s some, but did you see how many times he shot to kill him?
> > Only 1-2 of the bullets hit each time.
>
>
> Now test it with a sniper,see if you can get a headshot by aiming next to the targets head like in halo 4.

For the first part, Bullet Magnetism is one of the equations of aim assists. Not all aim assists are bullet magnetism but all bullet magnetisms are aim assists.

You find out that the H4 sniper… With indeed a larger reticle than Halo3, DOESN’T register a hit unless it is red when firing from a distance. It must be solid red and not flickering. Up close, the reticle must be red or visually on the Spartan. There are spots where it looks like the Spartan should cause the reticle to go red, it doesn’t BUT a headhsot still registers.

We find the H3 sniper… Doesn’t always register a hit even when red at a distance… But we also find that it doesn’t need to be red to hit in short distances. I was also surprised by how much reticle friction activates with the Sniper when scoped in and red. You will notice it near the end of the video where I streak across the head of my target… I miss its oodles of influence from Halo: CE :smiley:

The H3 SRS can hit its target in short ranges when blue but can also miss when red at a distance, the H4 only hits when red (with a few blue but on Spartan exceptions) and it doesn’t miss when red. Yes the H4 retilce is larger… But it doesn’t hit phantom hitboxes like the H3 does. Both H3 and H4 have hitboxes that don’t represent 100% of the armour permutations BUT H3 misrepresents a lot more (like getting a hit due to the shields between the helm and thruster area)

You will also notice in the H3 video that I took the liberty to show how a blue reticle BR appears to have as much, if not more magnetism than the H5BR. At 45m I can hit way too many bullets for the H5BR to be taking slack as though it’s the first of its kind. I don’t need to compare to 4 or 5, I accept what it is the nature of Halo… But the snipers shouldn’t have as large a reticle as H4 :wink:

> 2533274794587107;8:
> I have noticed a few times when I’ve pulled off a no-scope while being off target to the side (no red reticule). It feels like I have to be pretty on with my BR though.

To pull of Snaps you have to whip it like in H3.

> 2533274814808364;3:
> > 2533274825410891;2:
> > > 2533274814808364;1:
> > > Has anyone been able to pull a bullet magnetism test off in the beta somewhat accurately? In H4 it was dreadful, where you would get hits without even having a reticle on target. I feel like it has been toned down, at least from my perspective, because I seldomly get off target and lose the gunfight, instead of having it corrected for me. Which is exactly how it should be. I’m just wondering if there is any confirmation on this, as it is probably one of if not the most defining factor on whether end up buying Halo 5. I understand that 343 is catering to the younger, fresher audience that has more time for video games now, but I’d really love to see their commitment to renewed competitive play actually substantiate.
> >
> >
> >
> > I want to see this performed on an AFK player.
>
>
> I found this video, and it looks like it’s still at a very egregious level. In my opinion at least.
>
> http://xboxclips.com/mbmonk/28da6ce5-c9b9-45a7-b5d8-6b811a1921af

That took 10 shots and the BR has horrendous spread in this game, could be magnetism… Could be spread. Show me this with a DMR and then we’ll talk.

I conducted my own tests online for Halo 3. Take a look at them.

http://xboxclips.com/Recon+Avenger/6d52c2ae-e0f3-44e2-888a-5cca59363c07

http://xboxclips.com/Recon+Avenger/c8fc7988-a747-4059-80cd-864be65248e5

http://xboxclips.com/Recon+Avenger/d2953ae2-113e-4d12-9eea-0bacb706c1c7

I also did something in Halo 5

http://xboxclips.com/Recon+Avenger/f9fb67ae-3efb-4661-a7c4-08be1f312383

(I may have to test it again on a flat surface)
Point is, is that when people talk about Halo 5, they seem to get on the train of “Bullet magnetism”. When it comes to Halo 3 however, it’s spread. Quite interesting.

From my perspective, according to this clip

http://xboxclips.com/mbmonk/28da6ce5-c9b9-45a7-b5d8-6b811a1921af

Halo 5 requires you to be more accurate than Halo 3 to even hit the person.