Bullet Magnetism Is An Advancement

Nobody needs to be informed that Halo is of the science fiction genre, or that bullet magnetism was in Halo 4 and 5. As it turns out, in the years between Halo 3 and Halo 4, some big scientific advancements were made. What has happened is that rounds produced by humanity’s weapon manufacturers are highly magnetized. This comes into play in the firing mechanisms of UNSC guns, lending arms more firing power, range and accuracy. It’s the reason we have experienced just such buffs on the AR in the newest Halo games. It also leads to a very interesting phenomenon, on the battlefield and in training simulations, nicknamed “bullet magnetism.” Because Spartan armor is metallic, rounds leaving the muzzle of a gun (most notably with semi automatic/precision weapons) tend to curve toward the target on their own, even if the shot wasn’t lined up perfectly. What contributes to this phenomenon even more are the electro-magnetic shields equipped onto Spartan and Sangheili armor (magnetic bullets were created specifically for a more efficient means to kill Sangheili). The magnetic field generated by the shields extend this attractive force on the UNSC’s magnetic ammo to most plasma weaponry by the very nature of plasma. Why are we just now beginning to see plasma weapons exhibit bullet magnetism when it was just invented by ourselves remains at large, a mystery. What remains true is that this so called “bullet magnetism” is a huge military advancement, and it will not be discarded in any of the years to come.

For full details and information visit www.gfyourself343.com/aimingisforpussies/

8/8 g8 b8 m8 I actually copy/pasted the url

Nice satire.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

That’s weird… the link isn’t working working for me. Just like 343i’s brains aren’t working for them b-dum tsss

This actually made me laugh, a fine piece of satire. Well done sir. tips fedora

I like the way you think–however there are some issues with this sort of thing.

  1. Bullets move so fast that they would have to have an incredible force of magnetism to affect their path. Now, if the bullet was that magnetic, it might just stick to the inside of the gun in the first place. If the bullet wasn’t magnetic, but affected by magnetism, then…

  2. I’m not really sure how the “electromagnetic shields” actually do this, but their job is to repel bullets–to act as a force which deccelerates bullets to zero velocity over a tiny amount of space. That implies that shields would not attract bullets, but may in fact repel them over distances–although I don’t think that Spartans or their electronics want be caught in a magnetic field of such intensity.

  3. Spartan Mjolnir armour is supposed to be a ceramic-metallic composite. We have no clue how it would be affected by magnetism. Likely, it wouldn’t–the same with most metals.

But I think that this is a good idea, nonetheless–because bullets aren’t the only thing around in Halo–perhaps we could get some equipment that messes around with magnetism, and allows us to alter the paths of slower moving projectiles, like grenades. Heck, strong magnets could rip your ammunition packs or your weapon from your hands.

Gauss cannon technology is supposed to be based on electromagetic fields accelerating projectiles, so there’s definitely some fairly strong magnets lying around the halo sandbox!

Now that’s good satire.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys :slight_smile:

> 2533274880692195;6:
> I like the way you think–however there are some issues with this sort of thing.
>
> 1) Bullets move so fast that they would have to have an incredible force of magnetism to affect their path. Now, if the bullet was that magnetic, it might just stick to the inside of the gun in the first place. If the bullet wasn’t magnetic, but affected by magnetism, then…
>
> 2) I’m not really sure how the “electromagnetic shields” actually do this, but their job is to repel bullets–to act as a force which deccelerates bullets to zero velocity over a tiny amount of space. That implies that shields would not attract bullets, but may in fact repel them over distances–although I don’t think that Spartans or their electronics want be caught in a magnetic field of such intensity.
>
> 3) Spartan Mjolnir armour is supposed to be a ceramic-metallic composite. We have no clue how it would be affected by magnetism. Likely, it wouldn’t–the same with most metals.
>
> But I think that this is a good idea, nonetheless–because bullets aren’t the only thing around in Halo–perhaps we could get some equipment that messes around with magnetism, and allows us to alter the paths of slower moving projectiles, like grenades. Heck, strong magnets could rip your ammunition packs or your weapon from your hands.
>
> Gauss cannon technology is supposed to be based on electromagetic fields accelerating projectiles, so there’s definitely some fairly strong magnets lying around the halo sandbox!

Somehow, the fact that instead of getting the joke you had to write another essay seriously annoyed me.

I need to stop posting here. Ugh.

I bet eventually we won’t need to move the right stick. You just fire a few times and an enemy dies. No matter where they are.

> 2533274913936758;9:
> > 2533274880692195;6:
> > I like the way you think–however there are some issues with this sort of thing.
> >
> > 1) Bullets move so fast that they would have to have an incredible force of magnetism to affect their path. Now, if the bullet was that magnetic, it might just stick to the inside of the gun in the first place. If the bullet wasn’t magnetic, but affected by magnetism, then…
> >
> > 2) I’m not really sure how the “electromagnetic shields” actually do this, but their job is to repel bullets–to act as a force which deccelerates bullets to zero velocity over a tiny amount of space. That implies that shields would not attract bullets, but may in fact repel them over distances–although I don’t think that Spartans or their electronics want be caught in a magnetic field of such intensity.
> >
> > 3) Spartan Mjolnir armour is supposed to be a ceramic-metallic composite. We have no clue how it would be affected by magnetism. Likely, it wouldn’t–the same with most metals.
> >
> > But I think that this is a good idea, nonetheless–because bullets aren’t the only thing around in Halo–perhaps we could get some equipment that messes around with magnetism, and allows us to alter the paths of slower moving projectiles, like grenades. Heck, strong magnets could rip your ammunition packs or your weapon from your hands.
> >
> > Gauss cannon technology is supposed to be based on electromagetic fields accelerating projectiles, so there’s definitely some fairly strong magnets lying around the halo sandbox!
>
>
> Somehow, the fact that instead of getting the joke you had to write another essay seriously annoyed me.
>
> I need to stop posting here. Ugh.

I thought it was pretty funny, man,
Astronut, I don’t care what anyone says about you…
You’re alright.

> 2533274886246836;1:
> For full details and information visit www.gfyourself343.com/aimingisforpussies/

Reported for inappropriate content and bypassing the swear word filter. Sorry to ruin the fun, it is nothing personal. I know everyone is enjoying this thread but it is not fair that I got banned for inappropriate content while other people get away with it. It is not good justice.

OP never played Halo 2 I guess.

Probably just another scrub, amirite True Halo Fans?

/s/

> 2533274953123640;13:
> OP never played Halo 2 I guess.
>
> Probably just another scrub, amirite True Halo Fans?

It was actually pretty funny.

> 2533274867157068;14:
> > 2533274953123640;13:
> > OP never played Halo 2 I guess.
> >
> > Probably just another scrub, amirite True Halo Fans?
>
>
> It was actually pretty funny.

Shhh, sniping newfomans is how I vent my personal frustration…

> 2533274952179659;12:
> > 2533274886246836;1:
> > For full details and information visit www.gfyourself343.com/aimingisforpussies/
>
>
>
>
> Reported for inappropriate content and bypassing the swear word filter. Sorry to ruin the fun, it is nothing personal. I know everyone is enjoying this thread but it is not fair that I got banned for inappropriate content while other people get away with it. It is not good justice.

Stop making it personal then. Mods have likely been to this thread once, and may not have seen a problem with the OP.

If you got banned for your conduct on these forums, that’s your own business, and you should discuss it with them if you felt it was unfair, but stop attacking people. Do not make a habit of abusing the report function just because you feel wronged, because the ‘conduct’ displayed in order to get banned and the raunchy satire used in this thread are two very different things. The intent DOES matter.

I thought they abandoned this program after shipping millions of rounds manufactured with the wrong charge? Those poor -Yoinks!-, there was nothing they could do to prevent the bullets from curving around their target…

> 2535460843083983;16:
> > 2533274952179659;12:
> > > 2533274886246836;1:
> > > For full details and information visit www.gfyourself343.com/aimingisforpussies/
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Reported for inappropriate content and bypassing the swear word filter. Sorry to ruin the fun, it is nothing personal. I know everyone is enjoying this thread but it is not fair that I got banned for inappropriate content while other people get away with it. It is not good justice.
>
>
> Stop making it personal then. Mods have likely been to this thread once, and may not have seen a problem with the OP.
>
> If you got banned for your conduct on these forums, that’s your own business, and you should discuss it with them if you felt it was unfair, but stop attacking people. The ‘conduct’ displayed in order to get banned and the raunchy satire used in this thread are two very different things. Do not make a habit of treating them like the same thing just because you feel wronged. The intent DOES matter.

well said

> 2533274953123640;15:
> > 2533274867157068;14:
> > > 2533274953123640;13:
> > > OP never played Halo 2 I guess.
> > >
> > > Probably just another scrub, amirite True Halo Fans?
> >
> >
> >
> > It was actually pretty funny.
>
>
> Shhh, sniping newfomans is how I vent my personal frustration…

Let me join you!

aims at target…
turns 180 degrees…
fires at air…
headshot!
Tango down.

> 2533274823519895;17:
> I thought they abandoned this program after shipping millions of rounds manufactured with the wrong charge? Those poor -Yoinks!-, there was nothing they could do to prevent the bullets from curving around their target…

Hahaha