Bulldog is REPLACING classic shotgun? Please no.

> 2533275031939856;20:
> It was in the January Inside Infinite update on Thursday, in the news section. I don’t think they straight up said word for word they’re removing the classic shotgun for the bulldog but the way they talk about it sounds that way. I was really hoping that wasn’t the case after the demo reveal. If it is, I have a feeling the same will go for the sidekick replacing the magnum. I would’ve been all down for the sidekick and bulldog of they were additions but it seems like they’re replacements which I’m not a fan of. I really hope that they at least get added in post launch.

This ^

Agreed so much. I really was hoping that this would be, as someone said earlier, adding to the sandbox, not warping it. I really like the classic bungie shotgun, the reason the shotgun is unpopular and not getting much use is that nobody likes the shotgun design from 4 and 5. Just because a weapon isn’t being used as much as others in multiplayer doesn’t mean it needs to be removed from the game. I’m thinking the same thing about the sidearms, that the sidekick will replace the magnum… very disappointing, especially when you consider that this move is likely in order to make it easy to sell DLC of original weapons later.

> 2533274812002202;21:
> > 2533275031939856;20:
> > It was in the January Inside Infinite update on Thursday, in the news section. I don’t think they straight up said word for word they’re removing the classic shotgun for the bulldog but the way they talk about it sounds that way. I was really hoping that wasn’t the case after the demo reveal. If it is, I have a feeling the same will go for the sidekick replacing the magnum. I would’ve been all down for the sidekick and bulldog of they were additions but it seems like they’re replacements which I’m not a fan of. I really hope that they at least get added in post launch.
>
> This ^
>
> Agreed so much. I really was hoping that this would be, as someone said earlier, adding to the sandbox, not warping it. I really like the classic bungie shotgun, the reason the shotgun is unpopular and not getting much use is that nobody likes the shotgun design from 4 and 5. Just because a weapon isn’t being used as much as others in multiplayer doesn’t mean it needs to be removed from the game. I’m thinking the same thing about the sidearms, that the sidekick will replace the magnum… very disappointing, especially when you consider that this move is likely in order to make it easy to sell DLC of original weapons later.

I just had another thought while returning to this thread… what if that burst carbine thing is replacing the carbine. I can’t take any more iconic weapons being removed lol Luckily if they do add back old weapons post launch it definitely wouldn’t be bought DLC, it’d be free.

> 2533274938827434;17:
> > 2533274887875135;15:
> > They stated the OG shotgun is more of a power weapon and they wanted to make one that wasnt. Makes my believe that the OG will return in the future, maybe an update.
>
>
>
> > 2533274816788253;16:
> > The article I read said the shot gun was being replaced… Hopefully that isn’t so and we can have both. There is no reason why we can’t have both.
>
> Again, I’d like someone to show me an actual quote of anyone from 343 saying that the OG shotgun will not return in Halo Infinite at day one. If that exists I missed it.
> But from the January update, what I understood is that the shotgun in past Halo multiplayer games was basically a power weapon, in the sense that usually there was only one per map and people would have to fight for it.
>
> So, in order to allow more people to play close-ranged combat in multiplayer maps, they’re making a less powerful, more plentiful, version of the shotgun, like arguably the DMR is a less powerful version of the Sniper Rifle but was never intended to replace it. It won’t be a one-shot kill, like the shotgun, but it will have a better rate of fire and reload rate.

This is the article I read… Now I am definitely one of those who doesn’t always believes what he reads especially about games that aren’t released yet. But they make it sound like the OG shotgun won’t be there. But I guess we will see when the game arrives. I always look forward to seeing new weapons but I don’t want to see some of the iconic OG weapons be left out.

its not hard to add the classic shotgun. Id rather have new stuff to try out first before knee jerk demanding the originals

> 2533274816788253;23:
> This is the article I read… Now I am definitely one of those who doesn’t always believes what he reads especially about games that aren’t released yet. But they make it sound like the OG shotgun won’t be there. But I guess we will see when the game arrives. I always look forward to seeing new weapons but I don’t want to see some of the iconic OG weapons be left out.

The article you read is based solely on the January update, the same one we all read, and that update does not outright confirm that the classic shotgun will be replaced by the Bulldog. I believe those guys from comicbook.com are either jumping to conclusions or outright making a clickbait.

In the article they claimed that the shotgun will be replaced because “according to 343 Industries, it’s because nobody actually uses it, at least in multiplayer”, but that is completely false, the sandbox team never said that. What they actually said was that the shotgun up-close playstyle is underrepresented due to the weapon being somewhat rare.

The goal with the introduction of the bulldog is to make that playstyle more frequent through a less lethal but more common weapon. In my opinion the bulldog will not replace the shotgun for the same reason why the DMR never replaced the sniper rifle. One is a power weapon and the other is a “more readily available, less powerful, but still effective” alternative to make long range combat viable for those who did not manage to get the SR.

Seeing how bad–Yoink- Chief looks with the Classic-style shotgun from fan-made renders on Reddit, it’ll be unfortunate if it isn’t in the game at all. We haven’t had it since Halo 3 though, so it’s not exactly a new loss. Perhaps we could have the Bulldog as a Normal-type weapon, and the Classic-style shotgun as a power weapon. I don’t know how that’d fit the gameplay design and balance (seeing as I’m not working on the game).

I don’t have anything against the Bulldog, to be honest. I certainly prefer its look over the grey prism we’ve had in Halo 4 and Halo 5. Still not keen on the Commando though, but that’s a different weapon.

> 2535419441797248;26:
> Perhaps we could have the Bulldog as a Normal-type weapon, and the Classic-style shotgun as a power weapon. I don’t know how that’d fit the gameplay design and balance (seeing as I’m not working on the game).

My guess would be that there is some other weapon in the works to act as a true CQ power weapon, with the shotgun taking on the role of a generic CQ weapon such as the mauler from h3 (obviously minus the dual wielding). Alternatively, I think it would be a very interesting (and not necessarily bad) balance decision to relegate the shotgun to a less powerful role without replacing it with something stronger, as we already have the hammer and sword for CQ power weapons. Difficult to say at this point though.

> This is the article I read… Now I am definitely one of those who doesn’t always believes what he reads especially about games that aren’t released yet. But they make it sound like the OG shotgun won’t be there. But I guess we will see when the game arrives. I always look forward to seeing new weapons but I don’t want to see some of the iconic OG weapons be left out.

The article you just linked provides zero evidence for the claim being made in the headline.

I am not blaming you for being misinformed here, since the headline makes it very clear that “the shotgun is being replaced”.

But if you actually read the article, it doesn’t provide any quote from 343 to back up this claim, or any other evidence to show that this is the case. It is literally clickbait.

And this is why just reading the headlines and taking news articles at face value is a dangerous game… not just in games journalism ether lol

> 2533274816788253;23:
> > 2533274938827434;17:
> > > 2533274887875135;15:
> > > They stated the OG shotgun is more of a power weapon and they wanted to make one that wasnt. Makes my believe that the OG will return in the future, maybe an update.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274816788253;16:
> > > The article I read said the shot gun was being replaced… Hopefully that isn’t so and we can have both. There is no reason why we can’t have both.
> >
> > Again, I’d like someone to show me an actual quote of anyone from 343 saying that the OG shotgun will not return in Halo Infinite at day one. If that exists I missed it.
> > But from the January update, what I understood is that the shotgun in past Halo multiplayer games was basically a power weapon, in the sense that usually there was only one per map and people would have to fight for it.
> >
> > So, in order to allow more people to play close-ranged combat in multiplayer maps, they’re making a less powerful, more plentiful, version of the shotgun, like arguably the DMR is a less powerful version of the Sniper Rifle but was never intended to replace it. It won’t be a one-shot kill, like the shotgun, but it will have a better rate of fire and reload rate.
>

I’m pretty sure they came out a few days after the July reveal saying the OG shotgun and M6 series wouldn’t be in at launch… which I’d hope they would greatly reconsider.

> 2533274837720524;29:
> > 2533274816788253;23:
> > > 2533274938827434;17:
> > > > 2533274887875135;15:
> > > > They stated the OG shotgun is more of a power weapon and they wanted to make one that wasnt. Makes my believe that the OG will return in the future, maybe an update.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274816788253;16:
> > > > The article I read said the shot gun was being replaced… Hopefully that isn’t so and we can have both. There is no reason why we can’t have both.
> > >
> > > Again, I’d like someone to show me an actual quote of anyone from 343 saying that the OG shotgun will not return in Halo Infinite at day one. If that exists I missed it.
> > > But from the January update, what I understood is that the shotgun in past Halo multiplayer games was basically a power weapon, in the sense that usually there was only one per map and people would have to fight for it.
> > >
> > > So, in order to allow more people to play close-ranged combat in multiplayer maps, they’re making a less powerful, more plentiful, version of the shotgun, like arguably the DMR is a less powerful version of the Sniper Rifle but was never intended to replace it. It won’t be a one-shot kill, like the shotgun, but it will have a better rate of fire and reload rate.
> >
> > This is the article I read… Now I am definitely one of those who doesn’t always believes what he reads especially about games that aren’t released yet. But they make it sound like the OG shotgun won’t be there. But I guess we will see when the game arrives. I always look forward to seeing new weapons but I don’t want to see some of the iconic OG weapons be left out.
>
> I’m pretty sure they came out a few days after the July reveal saying the OG shotgun and M6 series wouldn’t be in at launch… which I’d hope they would greatly reconsider.

There really is no telling what they are going to do. If 343 has proven anything is they are unpredictable when it comes to their games. I just hope if their plan is not to have the OG shotgun that they reconsider and have it. By the sounds of it both can easily fit in the game play depending on map/environment you are in.

> 2533274816788253;30:
> > 2533274837720524;29:
> > > 2533274816788253;23:
> > > > 2533274938827434;17:
> > > > > 2533274887875135;15:
> > > > > They stated the OG shotgun is more of a power weapon and they wanted to make one that wasnt. Makes my believe that the OG will return in the future, maybe an update.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2533274816788253;16:
> > > > > The article I read said the shot gun was being replaced… Hopefully that isn’t so and we can have both. There is no reason why we can’t have both.
> > > >
> > > > Again, I’d like someone to show me an actual quote of anyone from 343 saying that the OG shotgun will not return in Halo Infinite at day one. If that exists I missed it.
> > > > But from the January update, what I understood is that the shotgun in past Halo multiplayer games was basically a power weapon, in the sense that usually there was only one per map and people would have to fight for it.
> > > >
> > > > So, in order to allow more people to play close-ranged combat in multiplayer maps, they’re making a less powerful, more plentiful, version of the shotgun, like arguably the DMR is a less powerful version of the Sniper Rifle but was never intended to replace it. It won’t be a one-shot kill, like the shotgun, but it will have a better rate of fire and reload rate.
> > >
> > > This is the article I read… Now I am definitely one of those who doesn’t always believes what he reads especially about games that aren’t released yet. But they make it sound like the OG shotgun won’t be there. But I guess we will see when the game arrives. I always look forward to seeing new weapons but I don’t want to see some of the iconic OG weapons be left out.
> >
> > I’m pretty sure they came out a few days after the July reveal saying the OG shotgun and M6 series wouldn’t be in at launch… which I’d hope they would greatly reconsider.
>
> There really is no telling what they are going to do. If 343 has proven anything is they are unpredictable when it comes to their games. I just hope if their plan is not to have the OG shotgun that they reconsider and have it. By the sounds of it both can easily fit in the game play depending on map/environment you are in.

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying too. They look like they are doing so much right then they pull stuff like that. I really don’t see why they can’t coexist in the game at all, and I’d really love for them to explain that. Because the “shotgun not a power weapon” thing is really concerning for me honestly, like they wouldn’t toss out equal starts again for power weapons in loadouts would they? With them it’s so hard to tell.

I agree. If they are replacing the classic shotgun with the bulldog they should at least buff it.

My assumption is that the Bulldog is going to remain a mid-teir weapon, while the M90 will become a high-tier weapon like the Sniper and SPNKR.

Because to be fair, he Bulldog is a good mid-teir replacement that kills in 2-3 shots. But it is a crappy counter to the Sword.

Once the classic shotgun comes in, then it should be on par with the Sword, Hammer, SPNKR, and Sniper when it comes to spawn pads.