Building Barricades in Infection

Infection is fun and hectic, but sometimes you just need to hunker down defend your position from the horde. Whether it be wielding the mighty Rocket Launcher, popping heads with any precision weapon, or hurling a wall of lead towards an unfortunate zombie. Even then, there are times you can get creative. One method of staying alive is building barricades to slow / stop the zombies.

Anything can be used to block a pathway (the big metal boxes are the best), narrow the path of entrance, and can buy precious time to align your valuable shots. However, it’s not always an easy task. Building barricades may be easier on some maps, while others are much harder / impossible to accomplish due to the map design, lack of sufficient materials, immovable objects, or the unnecessary excessive amount of effort required to do so.

…then again, this is one of the few times that the Spartan Charge is actually useful. The Spartan Charge can really help to push objects around, especially the smaller, lighter ones.

So my fellow zombie hunters - do you build barricades during Infection? If so, did it work? How big was it? How long did it last for? What did you use to build it?

I was considering doing an Infection Forge map/mode that incorporates features like that.

I try to and riptide is probably the easiest to do it on. Put both those crates out in front and zombies have a hard time getting in.

I’ve been thinking of making my 1st forge map on a new kind of infection game type but instead of swords it would be different weapons with limited ammo ranged attack and some thing close ranged attack. Attacking a fortified base but people in the base can’t leave and once you enter through an opening you can’t back out. Kind of like an invasion infection game type.

Or same idea but capturing a single stronghold

> 2533274962122285;4:
> I’ve been thinking of making my 1st forge map on a new kind of infection game type but instead of swords it would be different weapons with limited ammo ranged attack and some thing close ranged attack. Attacking a fortified base but people in the base can’t leave and once you enter through an opening you can’t back out. Kind of like an invasion infection game type.
>
> Or same idea but capturing a single stronghold

Like a siege mode?

> 2533274976890561;5:
> > 2533274962122285;4:
> > I’ve been thinking of making my 1st forge map on a new kind of infection game type but instead of swords it would be different weapons with limited ammo ranged attack and some thing close ranged attack. Attacking a fortified base but people in the base can’t leave and once you enter through an opening you can’t back out. Kind of like an invasion infection game type.
> >
> > Or same idea but capturing a single stronghold
>
>
> Like a siege mode?

Don’t know what that is

> 2533274962122285;6:
> > 2533274976890561;5:
> > > 2533274962122285;4:
> > > I’ve been thinking of making my 1st forge map on a new kind of infection game type but instead of swords it would be different weapons with limited ammo ranged attack and some thing close ranged attack. Attacking a fortified base but people in the base can’t leave and once you enter through an opening you can’t back out. Kind of like an invasion infection game type.
> > >
> > > Or same idea but capturing a single stronghold
> >
> >
> > Like a siege mode?
>
>
> Don’t know what that is

Fairly self explanatory, I guess. One side has a big base, and the other tries to get in. Pretty much what you described.

I do that every infection match i played. Helps if you have a teammate that actually helps you set it up or watches your back while you are setting it up. I dont know how many times i would be doing it solo and get a sword in the back because of it. I always build barricades or camp in areas that have limited access. I haven’t played since the infection update so no idea how it is now.

Oh the power station is a great place to build barricades. Especially the tunnel underneath. block the back entrance with the big box then put the two smaller boxes right up against it and the wall and the zombies cant move that box

Don’t you find it boring just sitting there?

> 2535462333594080;9:
> Don’t you find it boring just sitting there?

If there isn’t many zombies, yes.

But if there’s a -Yoink- load of them outside…no way.

I enjoy building barricades when you’re able to on an infection map. At least if there are other survivors helping out. It makes it so hectic.

I think that there should be more infection game modes. Like Warzone infection.

> 2533274978333910;12:
> I think that there should be more infection game modes. Like Warzone infection.

I’ve wanted to see that as an actual game mode. But if that don’t work, I’ll gladly settle for BTB Infection.

> 2535429593088083;13:
> > 2533274978333910;12:
> > I think that there should be more infection game modes. Like Warzone infection.
>
>
> I’ve wanted to see that as an actual game mode. But if that don’t work, I’ll gladly settle for BTB Infection.

What about Infection breakout. Now that would be an interesting gamemode.

I don’t always play Infection, but when I do, I don’t make barricades due to sheer laziness.

> 2535462333594080;9:
> Don’t you find it boring just sitting there?

I would, actually.
Cowering behind barricades and praying I dont die? Something I do.
Running around shooting everything in my way and badassing it out for a few minutes (Or seconds…)? Oh hell yea.

I don’t usually but, support those who do.

Not usually, I tend to hide where no one else is.

> 2533274976890561;2:
> I was considering doing an Infection Forge map/mode that incorporates features like that.

I tried to make a COD zombies map in reach with barricades, it didnt work out tho. Have to use shields

I tend to move around more than I camp. And if I do camp I don’t care for barricades.