Bugs

A friend and I were playing co-op tonight and after beating Assault the Control Room , he got credit for beating it on legendary, but I did not. (He was host if it matters.) My achievement popped however, but when looking at the mission select screen, it indicates that I did not beat it on any difficulty. (this is the 3rd time this has happened, twice for him while I was hosting)

As well, as we were making our way back to the surface, his entire screen went black. He was able to run, shoot, and jump, etc. I had to guide him out using voice commands to get back the pelican.

After we got through that, everything went back to normal.

I am beyond frustrated with the glitches, especially, after spending 2+ hrs on the level to get the skull, and now have to go back and beat it again.

When you say “he got credit”, I assume you mean he got an achievement and on the menu selection it says he has beaten it on Legendary.

> A friend and I were playing co-op tonight and after beating Assault the Control Room , he got credit for beating it on legendary, but I did not. (He was host if it matters.) My achievement popped however, but when looking at the mission select screen, it indicates that I did not beat it on any difficulty. (this is the 3rd time this has happened, twice for him while I was hosting)
>
> As well, as we were making our way back to the surface, his entire screen went black. He was able to run, shoot, and jump, etc. I had to guide him out using voice commands to get back the pelican.
>
> After we got through that, everything went back to normal.
>
>
> I am beyond frustrated with the glitches, especially, after spending 2+ hrs on the level to get the skull, and now have to go back and beat it again.

Basically the game is bugged to hell for some people and completely fine for others. I have a 4 year old console and had no problems completing it 1000 G, on co-op and single player legendary without any problems. My mate who has a 3 month old slim had his screen going black as you mentioned and another glitch which simply doesn’t spawn you after dieing and always says teammate in combat even when everything is dead. He also had random achievements for completing levels not unlocking first time. What can I say. 343 should do more (and i mean a massive amount of) testing in the future.

> When you say “he got credit”, I assume you mean he got an achievement and on the menu selection it says he has beaten it on Legendary.

No, I got the achievement for beating it on any difficulty, but on the mission selection screen, the little picture that shows what difficulty you beat the mission on is blank. This is the 3rd time this has happened.

> > A friend and I were playing co-op tonight and after beating Assault the Control Room , he got credit for beating it on legendary, but I did not. (He was host if it matters.) My achievement popped however, but when looking at the mission select screen, it indicates that I did not beat it on any difficulty. (this is the 3rd time this has happened, twice for him while I was hosting)
> >
> > As well, as we were making our way back to the surface, his entire screen went black. He was able to run, shoot, and jump, etc. I had to guide him out using voice commands to get back the pelican.
> >
> > After we got through that, everything went back to normal.
> >
> >
> > I am beyond frustrated with the glitches, especially, after spending 2+ hrs on the level to get the skull, and now have to go back and beat it again.
>
> Basically the game is bugged to hell for some people and completely fine for others. I have a 4 year old console and had no problems completing it 1000 G, on co-op and single player legendary without any problems. My mate who has a 3 month old slim had his screen going black as you mentioned and another glitch which simply doesn’t spawn you after dieing and always says teammate in combat even when everything is dead. He also had random achievements for completing levels not unlocking first time. What can I say. 343 should do more (and i mean a massive amount of) testing in the future.

I am already concerned about buying Halo 4. If 343 can’t even do a remake, what happens when they have to make a complete game…

The issues in CEA need addressed NOW. Having to play a map twice (once for me and once for my friend) is absurd at best.

I was the other player with diddy. When my screen went black, he guided me by saying turn left, move for 1 sec, stop, turn left…etc. It was funny how bad that was. I got stuck right before I left the building on silent cartographer after we had visited the map room. I could get the graphics to display by hitting the back button, but they would only show for a second, then the screen would go black again. While this was happening, Diddy was saying I was outside and when I pressed a, I would jump etc. So we decided to try and navigate my character back outside, and onto the pelican just to see if the achievement would still pop. We saw it through, and I got the achievement but I have never seen a bug that bad in a shipped game let alone one that already has a post release patch.

That is also not to mention that when I hosted the assault on the control room and we completed the map with no visible technical issues, Diddy did not not get credit for beating the mission on legendary coop. He got the achievements, skulls, and terminals we found, but not the credit for completing the map. Now we are going to have to play again. I am disappointed that this is happening. If 343 needs more detailed steps to reproduce the errors, I would be glad to assist. Come on guys, get it right.

So, Blue and I beat 343 Guilty Spark last night (a level I can’t even select if I host because I was not given credit for beating the 2 previous levels) and I got credit for for beating The Library on normal on co-op instead. This game is broken. 343 failed.

I am also having this problem! Man is this frustrating! Has anyone found a fix or confirmed that 343 is aware of this?!