Bugs (Sorry if I missed an official bugs thread but I searched and couldn't find one)

I have been experiencing really bad glitches with the checkpoint system for Reach. Often when I die I will be sent back to the start of the mission even though I have passed several checkpoints already. This sometimes happens even when I have made it to the rally point bravo section of the mission. Also, and this is more of a problem, I have just completed the rally point alpha section of the Long Nigh of Solace mission, but when the cut scene of you landing on the Corvette finishes the game sends me back to the start of the mission. I have tried several times playing through and the same thing happens each time. I don’t know if this is relevant or not, but the game says I have only completed the first mission on normal, despite the fact that I am up to Long Night of Solace.

Please could someone help me out with this.

P.S I have installed Reach on my 360 already; I couldn’t get the game to load at all before I did that.

I’ve never heard of this problem, but as the disk isn’t working I will assume your version of Reach is corrupted in some way. According to Bungie (Source), you should contact Microsoft customer support and report the issue. Unfortunately disk related issues don’t seem to have been properly resolved and this solution is far from ideal. Phoning up could result in them sending you another disk so it is worth a shot.

that almost sounds like your xbox can’t write to the hard drive or something. very odd.

do you have a memory unit or USB drive formatted for your xbox? try removing the hard drive (with the xbox turned off), then try playing using the USB drive and see if you have the same issue.

have you tried any other games since this started happening? does your progress save in those games?

> I’ve never heard of this problem, but as the disk isn’t working I will assume your version of Reach is corrupted in some way. According to Bungie (Source), you should contact Microsoft customer support and report the issue. Unfortunately disk related issues don’t seem to have been properly resolved and this solution is far from ideal. Phoning up could result in them sending you another disk so it is worth a shot.

Before you do that, exercise your right at the retailer who sold you the game. By law, they are supposed to refund or replace a broken or faulty item they have sold you. As long as you have a reciept, you are entitled. Don’t let them give you a “2 week return policy” malarky! Its your right! Just start quoting the laws :slight_smile:

> > I’ve never heard of this problem, but as the disk isn’t working I will assume your version of Reach is corrupted in some way. According to Bungie (Source), you should contact Microsoft customer support and report the issue. Unfortunately disk related issues don’t seem to have been properly resolved and this solution is far from ideal. Phoning up could result in them sending you another disk so it is worth a shot.
>
> Before you do that, exercise your right at the retailer who sold you the game. By law, they are supposed to refund or replace a broken or faulty item they have sold you. As long as you have a reciept, you are entitled. Don’t let them give you a “2 week return policy” malarky! Its your right! Just start quoting the laws :slight_smile:

And try to sound important. And do it late at night. Those guys behind the desk don’t really know what they’re doing.

Thanks for the replies guys, gonna try and change the disk before I start looking for problems with my xbox. It has never given me trouble with any game before so hopefully it is just a disc fault.