Bugged Voice-over Audio

So, I was surprised to find HW2 waiting for me when I got home. Apparently my mail was more efficient than usual. Anyway, I can’t find anywhere to report bugs, so here seems as good a place as any.

In cutscenes and during campaign gameplay, the voices for major characters haven’t been playing. Sound effects seem unaffected, as do voices from off-screen/scripted units.

For example, during the opening cinematic, Cutter speaks with no audio being made, but someone on the radio comes through loud and clear.

I’ve tweaked settings a few times, still an issue, so I just wanted to put it out there.

After playing some more missions last night, I have a slight correction; the voices are not gone entirely, just very, VERY muffled.
And for what it’s worth, I’m on Xbox One, just using an hdmi cable straight to a tv.

I’m having the same issue. Glad it isnt only me. How are you going to release this game, if you cant even hear anything.

same here

Same. I’ve been playing Ratchet and Clank on PS4 and that has buggy audio too. Wish companies would test their games thoroughly before release and not just push them out and patch them (sometimes) later.

same here with pc
i use G633 with DTS mode

I change option and change to spek but can’t hear unit voice and main char voice (when use G633 I can hear very very small sound
like whispering, )

sorry for my bad english

Also having this issue. Really want to play the campaign but don’t want to without proper sound

have the same issue how can we fix it

> 2533274997689804;7:
> have the same issue how can we fix it

No fix that I have found yet. Hopefully it will be fixed soon but they don’t seem to have acknowledged that it even exists yet so I am not holding my breath

Anyone figure out how to fix?

Same

Went to xbox settings turned hdmi output to stero twice had in game set to hi-fi and it started working when i reset the game.

> 2654577101809535;11:
> Went to xbox settings turned hdmi output to stero twice had in game set to hi-fi and it started working when i reset the game.

Has this continued to work for you or was it just a one off?

Hello has there been a fix to this yet? How come it is impossible to get support from halo wars 2 ?

> 2535445424564665;13:
> Hello has there been a fix to this yet? How come it is impossible to get support from halo wars 2 ?

There is a fix yes. It’s not actually an issue with halo wars 2.
Go to your xbox one audio settings and change output to stereo instead of surround sound.
The game is otherwise sending the voice to certain speakers from a surround system that obviously aren’t there if you don’t have surround sound and hence why you can’t hear it

I play on PC. Is this the same for PC mode?

How is there 0 support for this game? such garbage

I’ve been posting this same problem everyday and still no fix!! So glad I saw this I seriously thought I was the only one! All my buddy’s say it’s working flawlessly but mine has no voice from major people in the cutscenes! I’ve tried everything and still no fix.

I will try the stereo thing on the Xbox but I think I tried that and it didnt work. If it does I’ll post back and update if that’s the fix.

But yeah I haven’t seen any help with this problem a total fail on 343 end for delaying this game almost half a year and its still not perfected. I get multiplayer is a forever updating bugged up out but campaign should be flawless for everyone at release date.

My original post:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f0258e8001734968984e8b56990f8daf/topics/wtf-is-wrong-with-my-campaign-😡/bd2d95f8-c9b4-47e2-b667-4ebcff6fbca9/posts

it works!!! My audio is in!!! It was the stereo option under the audio output setting in The Xbox one’s network settings. Had to change the HDMI out from 7.1uncompressed to stereo uncompressed and it works!! Voices are back in!! No more subtitles! Can fully enjoy this game how it was meant to be played. Thanks VVOBLY JOE!!!

Same issue here!

1. Issue: The audio for the speech of the characters does not work during the cut scenes, and it does not work for the game play either, though I can still hear the sounds of battle. Does anyone else have this problem?
  2. Platform: Xbox One
  3. My Gamertag: The CMART
  4. Region: Western Europe/Germany. I play the game in English

> 2533274814616809;19:
> Same issue here!
>
> 1. Issue: The audio for the speech of the characters does not work during the cut scenes, and it does not work for the game play either, though I can still hear the sounds of battle. Does anyone else have this problem?
> 2. Platform: Xbox One
> 3. My Gamertag: The CMART
> 4. Region: Western Europe/Germany. I play the game in English

Have you tried the fix stated above??