[BUG REPORT] Halo 4 MCC Solo Sound Bug

So, for the last few months, I’ve been encountering a very, very annoying (and game-breaking, to me) bug. It only occurs when I’m playing solo Halo 4. Like all gamers, sometimes you need to pause to, well, relieve your body of its waste products (or provide yourself with life-giving sustenance, ie. food and a drink or two). However, after unpausing Halo 4 (both campaign and Spartan Ops), the sound completely shuts off. I’ve tried just about everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling the game and even hard resetting my Xbox. The only way to get sound back is to close the game through the dashboard, wait a minute, and then reopen the game. Even then, though the problem persists when the unavoidable functions of your body force you to pause the game again. Again, I’ve tried everything, so now I look to you, 343i and Microsoft, and to you, my fellow gamers, for some guidance on this abhorrence. Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide me.

On an unrelated note, Halo: Nightfall also will not cooperate, as it will not play through MCC or Waypoint, even though I bought it and installed/uninstalled/reinstalled it. Off topic, I know, but I thought I might get some help with that as well.

Again, thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide, and I hope you all have a great day!

-Mastercodex199

Have the same problem! When I pause the game all sound turns off except menu sound. When selecting options there’s sound but no more in game sound. It’s infuriating! Makes the game unplayable because if I pause it even once, I have to restart the entire game.

I have this same problem. It’s nearly a year after launch and we’re still getting game breaking issues. Unreal.

Same problem here. It actually just ruined a cut scene for me too. Please fix this ASAP 343.

> 2533274938346497;2:
> Have the same problem! When I pause the game all sound turns off except menu sound. When selecting options there’s sound but no more in game sound. It’s infuriating! Makes the game unplayable because if I pause it even once, I have to restart the entire game.

As a quick fix, if you save and quit, and then resume, it will take you to your last checkpoint with sound again, rather than restarting the game.

So I assume no one from MC or 343 are reading these forums and have no plans to fix this issue? It’s game breaking for me and really taking me out of the game, and it’s getting hard to stay excited for Halo 5

> 2533274810945725;5:
> > 2533274938346497;2:
> > Have the same problem! When I pause the game all sound turns off except menu sound. When selecting options there’s sound but no more in game sound. It’s infuriating! Makes the game unplayable because if I pause it even once, I have to restart the entire game.
>
>
> As a quick fix, if you save and quit, and then resume, it will take you to your last checkpoint with sound again, rather than restarting the game.

Which is great, except when you play Co-op. We’ve been experiencing the same issue where the sound drops out if we pause while playing co-op. The problem is the is no going back to the last checkpoint on co-op. It has completely destroyed the game for us. Where is the patch to correct this 343??

Experiencing the same problem. Unfortunately, still havent found a fix.

Hello from 2017! This bug is still here :confused:

> 2533274862881551;9:
> Hello from 2017! This bug is still here :confused:

Yup. Gets pretty -Yoinking!- annoying.

Bumping this thread because 343i should not be allowed to leave such a massive bug in a game for this long.

> 2533274963821591;11:
> Bumping this thread because 343i should not be allowed to leave such a massive bug in a game for this long.

I’ll do the same.

Still experiencing this issue right now

> 2533274963821591;11:
> Bumping this thread because 343i should not be allowed to leave such a massive bug in a game for this long.

> 2533274862881551;12:
> > 2533274963821591;11:
> > Bumping this thread because 343i should not be allowed to leave such a massive bug in a game for this long.
>
> I’ll do the same.

Just a reminder; post bumping against forum rules

Lol a comment for post bumping but multiple threads about this bug and well into 2018 its still here, I can tell where the priorities are. 343, please sell the halo franchise, let someone else make it. So far what ive seen is a lack of care for loyal customers.

Just encountered this same bug today when I finally got around to playing H4 on MCC. Found multiple threads and posts which leads me to believe it isn’t rare or difficult to reproduce.

343, I get that there are plenty of things that still need fixed with MCC and I appreciate the support that has been given thus far, but this one is awful. It essentially makes pausing useless which is an only slightly critically integral feature of video games.

Please, for the sake of everyone who has anything in their life that may require them to pause the game (read: everyone), fix this bug!

I’ve been having this same issue. I finally talked my wife into playing co-op because I’ve been going on about how great the franchise is, and this completely ruins the game. We get 20 minutes into a mission and either the batteries in the controller need to be replaced or accidental pause and its back to the beginning of the mission after waiting for the game to reboot. This is game breaking and I can’t even say this is fun anymore. It launched faulty two years ago, fix it.