Bug: Highest score not placing first in Firefight

Update:

It turns out 343i were already aware of this problem as they’ve just implemented a patch to fix it:

> Hey! Warzone team has just pushed an update to fix issues w/ back button scoreboard and PGCR sorting in both Warzone & Warzone Firefight

Source: Andy Dudynsky @Brav

Original post:

343i, fix this please!!!

It’s a team game so I’m happy when we get the victory, but if I have the highest score, why am I not in 1st place!?!

Example Game - Why am I in 3rd place?

This has happened on multiple occasions to me and my son and we don’t understand why!

Edit: I’ve taken a closer look at my 68 Firefight games to date, and 14 show this issue in the game stats. That’s over 20% of the games so this is a very common occurrence. Games 1 and 13 in the list are pretty bad examples!

Game 1, Person with highest score, most kills and most bosses places 6th
Game 2, Person with highest score, most kills and most bosses places 3rd
Game 3, Person with highest score, most kills and most bosses places 3rd
Game 4, Person with highest score, most kills and most bosses places 4th
Game 5, Person with highest score and most bosses places 2nd
Game 6, Person with highest score, most kills and most bosses places 2nd
Game 7, Person with highest score places 2nd
Game 8, Person with highest score and most kills place 3rd
Game 9, Person with highest score and most bosses places 2nd
Game 10, Person with highest score, most kills and most bosses places 3rd
Game 11, Person with highest score and most bosses places 3rd
Game 12, Person with highest score, most assists and most bosses places 3rd
Game 13, Person with highest score, most kills and most bosses places 6th
Game 14, Person with highest score places 3rd

There’s been some good suggestions as to why this might be occurring:

> 2533274881086487;15:
> I’ve noticed if you were dead when he game ended it drops you a few spots.

> 2533274911947485;26:
> The only answer I can think of (and this is just a guess) is that the points awarded for killing the final boss are given to you after the match technically ends, and therefore you don’t move up on the scoreboard because the points don’t register properly.

If 343i are reading this please confirm whether or not this is indeed a bug. I’d love to know as it’s playing havoc with my OCD!

Because there’s other things to do instead of kills. You have assists, not dying, and various other things you can do to get more points.

> 2533274944621319;2:
> Because there’s other things to do instead of kills. You have assists, not dying, and various other things you can do to get more points.

But I have the most points so I’m wondering why I don’t place at the top of the leaderboard/carnage report.

Boss kills have different point value for each boss?
I’ve taken the top score before with only a few kills, but i got every boss kill.

> 2533274839169051;4:
> Boss kills have different point value for each boss?
> I’ve taken the top score before with only a few kills, but i got every boss kill.

But I’m getting the top score, so the question is, why am I not in first place?

I think its dumb when you are hammering down bosses with a tank. And miss for a couple of times and don’t even get awarded points for helping… Like i was hammering down warden eternal and I didn’t even get any points…

Boss takedowns and having points stack up by getting multiple kills in a row and whether they were headshots or body shots.

I just realized, why does it matter to you about being first? You already get the win packs without being first.

> 2533274879828279;7:
> Boss takedowns and having points stack up by getting multiple kills in a row and whether they were headshots or body shots.

I understand those things affect your score but why am I not placing first when I have the highest score?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

This is a ridiculous thing to complain about. You sound like a 12 year old.

I have had the same problem i finish first most wzff games i played yet somethimes the scoreboard screws things up so it looks like i am second or third place.

Not a big problem but would be nice if it works properly

> 2533274944621319;8:
> I just realized, why does it matter to you about being first? You already get the win packs without being first.

That’s a moot point. I’ve already said I’m happy that we have the victory, my question is about why the person with the highest score doesn’t place first.

> 2533274873772972;10:
> This is a ridiculous thing to complain about. You sound like a 12 year old.

Um… I’m thinking this could be a bug in the game so I’m pointing it out.

Saying someone sounds like a 12 year old makes you look very immature, please don’t bother posting here anymore. I’m looking for answers/reasons, not insults.

> 2533275000505525;11:
> I have had the same problem i finish first most wzff games i played yet somethimes the scoreboard screws things up so it looks like i am second or third place.
>
> Not a big problem but would be nice if it works properly

Finally, someone who can read and understand - thank you.

I’ve noticed if you were dead when he game ended it drops you a few spots. Idk if this helps at all

> 2533274881086487;15:
> I’ve noticed if you were dead when he game ended it drops you a few spots. Idk if this helps at all

Thank you, this is the sort of thing I was looking for - some sort of reason for the occurence. I’m assuming it’s a bug as I don’t understand why being dead should make you place lower if you have the highest score. The thing is, I’m pretty sure I’ve been alive at the end several times when this has happened as well so I don’t think that’s it.

For example. If you look at the scores they don’t make sense but jokerz and I were both dead when the game ended. There are others too

> 2533274806711091;16:
> > 2533274881086487;15:
> > I’ve noticed if you were dead when he game ended it drops you a few spots. Idk if this helps at all
>
>
> Thank you, this is the sort of thing I was looking for - some sort of reason for the occurence. I’m assuming it’s a bug as I don’t understand why being dead should make you place lower if you have the highest score. The thing is, I’m pretty sure I’ve been alive at the end several times when this has happened as well so I don’t think that’s it.

Next time I guess just look for something like that at the end. Something about dying right when the game ends, or dying in the last
round drops you. Just something to help you look out for and think of to maybe verify next time it happens

> 2533274806711091;1:
> 343i, fix this please!!!
> It’s a team game so I’m happy when we get the victory, but if I have the highest score, why am I not in 1st place!?!
> Example Game - Why am I in 3rd place?
> This has happened on multiple occasions to me and my son and we don’t understand why!

I noticed this in the beta and it still happens to me from time to time.

I agree with you that the highest score should always be in first place. Otherwise, it’s far too abstract.

> 2533274881086487;18:
> > 2533274806711091;16:
> > > 2533274881086487;15:
> > > I’ve noticed if you were dead when he game ended it drops you a few spots. Idk if this helps at all
> >
> >
> > Thank you, this is the sort of thing I was looking for - some sort of reason for the occurence. I’m assuming it’s a bug as I don’t understand why being dead should make you place lower if you have the highest score. The thing is, I’m pretty sure I’ve been alive at the end several times when this has happened as well so I don’t think that’s it.
>
>
> Next time I guess just look for something like that at the end. Something about dying right when the game ends, or dying in the last
> round drops you. Just something to help you look out for and think of to maybe verify next time it happens

Thanks, you’ve been a big help. I will try and look at the situation/circumstances when it next occurs, especially whether I am alive or dead at the end of the round or during the final round.