Buffing Isabel

Isabel, as I’m sure everyone knows, is in a bad spot again. While there are many ways to indirectly buff Isabel through making vehicles better, I think that direct buffs are necessary in order to make her viable again. I only have two ideas so far, but I’d like to share them.

-Buff Mac. Mac was hit with a very large nerf, turning it from a delete button to a leader point sink hardly better than garbage dump. It’s expensive, has a long CD, and is underwhelming when it hits. The price should be reverted and some of its damage should be given back. It’s a high risk/high reward LP. If you hit, it should lambaste whatever it touches. If you miss, you have to wait through its long CD until you can have another chance.

-Buff The Best Defense shields. As of now, the shields provide a very small advantage. Being one of the later leader powers in the kit of a late game oriented leader, I think it should be more noticeable. Scorpions in general aren’t exactly viable, and the buff outlined in the patch notes won’t change that. If the shields are buffed by maybe 10%, that would at least make Isabel’s Scorpions usable.

If anyone else has ideas to buff her other LPs or disagrees with a proposed change, lmk.

> 2533274830489835;1:
> Isabel, as I’m sure everyone knows, is in a bad spot again. While there are many ways to indirectly buff Isabel through making vehicles better, I think that direct buffs are necessary in order to make her viable again. I only have two ideas so far, but I’d like to share them.
>
> -Buff Mac. Mac was hit with a very large nerf, turning it from a delete button to a leader point sink hardly better than garbage dump. It’s expensive, has a long CD, and is underwhelming when it hits. The price should be reverted and some of its damage should be given back. It’s a high risk/high reward LP. If you hit, it should lambaste whatever it touches. If you miss, you have to wait through its long CD until you can have another chance.
>
> -Buff The Best Defense shields. As of now, the shields provide a very small advantage. Being one of the later leader powers in the kit of a late game oriented leader, I think it should be more noticeable. Scorpions in general aren’t exactly viable, and the buff outlined in the patch notes won’t change that. If the shields are buffed by maybe 10%, that would at least make Isabel’s Scorpions usable.
>
> If anyone else has ideas to buff her other LPs or disagrees with a proposed change, lmk.

I agree that she needs a buff but if buff mac i would recomend a telegraph increase. Well i don’t now if its a good idea but how about switch her turret drop to the tier 2 Leaderpowers, with that she would have a little help in her early game.

She needs a buff desperately…

> 2533274830489835;1:
> Isabel, as I’m sure everyone knows, is in a bad spot again. While there are many ways to indirectly buff Isabel through making vehicles better, I think that direct buffs are necessary in order to make her viable again. I only have two ideas so far, but I’d like to share them.
>
> -Buff Mac. Mac was hit with a very large nerf, turning it from a delete button to a leader point sink hardly better than garbage dump. It’s expensive, has a long CD, and is underwhelming when it hits. The price should be reverted and some of its damage should be given back. It’s a high risk/high reward LP. If you hit, it should lambaste whatever it touches. If you miss, you have to wait through its long CD until you can have another chance.
>
> -Buff The Best Defense shields. As of now, the shields provide a very small advantage. Being one of the later leader powers in the kit of a late game oriented leader, I think it should be more noticeable. Scorpions in general aren’t exactly viable, and the buff outlined in the patch notes won’t change that. If the shields are buffed by maybe 10%, that would at least make Isabel’s Scorpions usable.
>
> If anyone else has ideas to buff her other LPs or disagrees with a proposed change, lmk.

Agree with both of these. Gotta remember that if tanks are buffed as a whole, the advantage of the passive will proportionally decrease over the stock scorpions.

Would like a partial revert on the MAC changes to be paired with a very slight telegraph increase, pretty hard to dodge the thing.

I like Isabel, she feels diverse in what you can do with her. I don’t think the mac blast is that bad but it would be fine if it got reverted to the old mac with a .5 sec tele increase. Instead of buffing the hp of the best defense shield I would like to see the shield added to an infantry unit, like the Cyclops. Adding the shield to Cyclops could help Isabel do infantry builds better. Also I think combat salvage could be lowered to a price of about 1300 / 800 for both Isabel and Forge.

I think the biggest issue with Isabel (and pretty much other UNSC) is that Rabbits are not a strong opener and cant defend against any banished rush units. If rabbits were made useful again, I think she would have a good early to early-mid game with acc assembly.

I was playing around a bit last night and the mac absolutely took a harsh hit. I think it was too strong to begin with but I either needs to be cheaper or to be bumped up in damage because right now I just think there are (I don’t want to say better) less bad choices to pick for point 3.

Its hard to say what “The best offense” needs because scorpions by themselves are only slightly better than hogs in terms of damage and health per pop but cost more supply with a very expensive and necessary canister upgrade. I don’t think any changes should be made to Best Offense until the scorpion issue is sorted out because I don’t want to see a series of buffs until we realize that something is terribly broken and I have to listen to all the drama queens in the community how 343 killed halo wars and how “unplayable” this game is. I do like largo’s idea of giving cyclops a shield though so that the power has some utility outside T3 vehicle spam.

Overall though, I think her issues stem from an underperforming UNSC, especially in the early game, and less with her kit.

Personally I don’t like the though of buffing her shields.
Buffing Mac Blast I totally agree with.
Her combat Salvage should be 12.5/25 instead of 10/20 to help her transition into the mid-game better.

> 2533274830489835;1:
> Isabel, as I’m sure everyone knows, is in a bad spot again. While there are many ways to indirectly buff Isabel through making vehicles better, I think that direct buffs are necessary in order to make her viable again. I only have two ideas so far, but I’d like to share them.
>
> -Buff Mac. Mac was hit with a very large nerf, turning it from a delete button to a leader point sink hardly better than garbage dump. It’s expensive, has a long CD, and is underwhelming when it hits. The price should be reverted and some of its damage should be given back. It’s a high risk/high reward LP. If you hit, it should lambaste whatever it touches. If you miss, you have to wait through its long CD until you can have another chance.
>
> -Buff The Best Defense shields. As of now, the shields provide a very small advantage. Being one of the later leader powers in the kit of a late game oriented leader, I think it should be more noticeable. Scorpions in general aren’t exactly viable, and the buff outlined in the patch notes won’t change that. If the shields are buffed by maybe 10%, that would at least make Isabel’s Scorpions usable.
>
> If anyone else has ideas to buff her other LPs or disagrees with a proposed change, lmk.

Id bet with the Rabbit buff combined with Scorpion buff, she’ll contend in the early and late game for the first time in a long time. However, I agree that Mac needs a happy medium between new and old DPS. If the price remains this high, I would dare say revert to old DPS or 90% of the previous MACdaddyOP blast. I don’t think Gale/Turret/Tank shields need a buff though. I’d bet the upcoming changes plus a MAC adjustment would change her effectiveness immensely.

Great points and I love the ideas. Realtalk here.

P.S. Cars only has one Car

> 2533274840245702;6:
> I think the biggest issue with Isabel (and pretty much other UNSC) is that Rabbits are not a strong opener and cant defend against any banished rush units. If rabbits were made useful again, I think she would have a good early to early-mid game with acc assembly.
>
> I was playing around a bit last night and the mac absolutely took a harsh hit. I think it was too strong to begin with but I either needs to be cheaper or to be bumped up in damage because right now I just think there are (I don’t want to say better) less bad choices to pick for point 3.
>
> Its hard to say what “The best offense” needs because scorpions by themselves are only slightly better than hogs in terms of damage and health per pop but cost more supply with a very expensive and necessary canister upgrade. I don’t think any changes should be made to Best Offense until the scorpion issue is sorted out because I don’t want to see a series of buffs until we realize that something is terribly broken and I have to listen to all the drama queens in the community how 343 killed halo wars and how “unplayable” this game is. I do like largo’s idea of giving cyclops a shield though so that the power has some utility outside T3 vehicle spam.
>
> Overall though, I think her issues stem from an underperforming UNSC, especially in the early game, and less with her kit.

Stoked to see some HoloRabbit plays early game with Issabae. I think that alone would make her decent enough to contend with the Sano/Jerome/Anders plays we’ll likely run into next patch.

I would also like to see an increase in the shield like 10 percent or so. It’s her “special” thing but right now almost every leader has something that’s outshine her.
Also giving her Cyclops a slight shield would give her a way to be viable vs all sort of units. A tank nightingale Cyclops combo tank combo with 4-5 a.a would be really hard to fight.

> 2533274830489835;1:
> Isabel, as I’m sure everyone knows, is in a bad spot again. While there are many ways to indirectly buff Isabel through making vehicles better, I think that direct buffs are necessary in order to make her viable again. I only have two ideas so far, but I’d like to share them.
>
> -Buff Mac. Mac was hit with a very large nerf, turning it from a delete button to a leader point sink hardly better than garbage dump. It’s expensive, has a long CD, and is underwhelming when it hits. The price should be reverted and some of its damage should be given back. It’s a high risk/high reward LP. If you hit, it should lambaste whatever it touches. If you miss, you have to wait through its long CD until you can have another chance.
>
> -Buff The Best Defense shields. As of now, the shields provide a very small advantage. Being one of the later leader powers in the kit of a late game oriented leader, I think it should be more noticeable. Scorpions in general aren’t exactly viable, and the buff outlined in the patch notes won’t change that. If the shields are buffed by maybe 10%, that would at least make Isabel’s Scorpions usable.
>
> If anyone else has ideas to buff her other LPs or disagrees with a proposed change, lmk.

I agree with your ideas and I would like to add a small buff to accelerated assembly. At the moment this passive seems not to work as a price percentage reduction equal for every unit. I don’t know if what I’m saying is clear (sorry for my english) so I’ll give an example.
Warthogs base price is 250/0 and after AC 1 it goes to 225/0, so it’s a 10% price reduction. Jackrabbits price instead goes from 220/15 to 210/10, so the supply reduction it’s about 5%. I’m not sure about other vehicles but I think jackrabbits should have a 10% price reduction like warthogs do, so they should go, if not to 198, to 200 supplies.
I think building time reduction is also not enough, it’s only 1 second for both hogs and rabbits.

> 2535427787090876;11:
> > 2533274830489835;1:
> > Isabel, as I’m sure everyone knows, is in a bad spot again. While there are many ways to indirectly buff Isabel through making vehicles better, I think that direct buffs are necessary in order to make her viable again. I only have two ideas so far, but I’d like to share them.
> >
> > -Buff Mac. Mac was hit with a very large nerf, turning it from a delete button to a leader point sink hardly better than garbage dump. It’s expensive, has a long CD, and is underwhelming when it hits. The price should be reverted and some of its damage should be given back. It’s a high risk/high reward LP. If you hit, it should lambaste whatever it touches. If you miss, you have to wait through its long CD until you can have another chance.
> >
> > -Buff The Best Defense shields. As of now, the shields provide a very small advantage. Being one of the later leader powers in the kit of a late game oriented leader, I think it should be more noticeable. Scorpions in general aren’t exactly viable, and the buff outlined in the patch notes won’t change that. If the shields are buffed by maybe 10%, that would at least make Isabel’s Scorpions usable.
> >
> > If anyone else has ideas to buff her other LPs or disagrees with a proposed change, lmk.
>
> I agree with your ideas and I would like to add a small buff to accelerated assembly. At the moment this passive seems not to work as a price percentage reduction equal for every unit. I don’t know if what I’m saying is clear (sorry for my english) so I’ll give an example.
> Warthogs base price is 250/0 and after AC 1 it goes to 225/0, so it’s a 10% price reduction. Jackrabbits price instead goes from 220/15 to 210/10, so the supply reduction it’s about 5%. I’m not sure about other vehicles but I think jackrabbits should have a 10% price reduction like warthogs do, so they should go, if not to 198, to 200 supplies.
> I think building time reduction is also not enough, it’s only 1 second for both hogs and rabbits.

It is not a percent price reduction. Each unit has its own price reduction. The build time reduction is flat percent that affects all vehicles.

Please make mac blast 1-shot cyclops and hunters again :wink:

But in all seriousness I would just like to see a price reduction if it is to remain at it’s current damage.

We can look into adding some more Mac like feeling to the Mac Blast. I would prefer waiting until after the tank and rabbit changes have gone through and we get more data on UNSC as a whole. But it definitely is an option to help her out.

> 2533274792014876;14:
> We can look into adding some more Mac like feeling to the Mac Blast. I would prefer waiting until after the tank and rabbit changes have gone through and we get more data on UNSC as a whole. But it definitely is an option to help her out.

Good ideas, I would love to see the most inner zone of the Mac blast be almost an instant dead zone while there is a good damage falloff in the outer rings.
I think it should be good to snipe certain units while doing a bit aoe dmg.
I means it’s a Mac blast with a high cooldown and should without problem kill Grizzlys with a direct hit.

> 2533274802795356;12:
> > 2535427787090876;11:
> > > 2533274830489835;1:
> > > Isabel, as I’m sure everyone knows, is in a bad spot again. While there are many ways to indirectly buff Isabel through making vehicles better, I think that direct buffs are necessary in order to make her viable again. I only have two ideas so far, but I’d like to share them.
> > >
> > > -Buff Mac. Mac was hit with a very large nerf, turning it from a delete button to a leader point sink hardly better than garbage dump. It’s expensive, has a long CD, and is underwhelming when it hits. The price should be reverted and some of its damage should be given back. It’s a high risk/high reward LP. If you hit, it should lambaste whatever it touches. If you miss, you have to wait through its long CD until you can have another chance.
> > >
> > > -Buff The Best Defense shields. As of now, the shields provide a very small advantage. Being one of the later leader powers in the kit of a late game oriented leader, I think it should be more noticeable. Scorpions in general aren’t exactly viable, and the buff outlined in the patch notes won’t change that. If the shields are buffed by maybe 10%, that would at least make Isabel’s Scorpions usable.
> > >
> > > If anyone else has ideas to buff her other LPs or disagrees with a proposed change, lmk.
> >
> > I agree with your ideas and I would like to add a small buff to accelerated assembly. At the moment this passive seems not to work as a price percentage reduction equal for every unit. I don’t know if what I’m saying is clear (sorry for my english) so I’ll give an example.
> > Warthogs base price is 250/0 and after AC 1 it goes to 225/0, so it’s a 10% price reduction. Jackrabbits price instead goes from 220/15 to 210/10, so the supply reduction it’s about 5%. I’m not sure about other vehicles but I think jackrabbits should have a 10% price reduction like warthogs do, so they should go, if not to 198, to 200 supplies.
> > I think building time reduction is also not enough, it’s only 1 second for both hogs and rabbits.
>
> It is not a percent price reduction. Each unit has its own price reduction. The build time reduction is flat percent that affects all vehicles.

Ok thank you for the confirmation.

What if the MAC had a smaller radius but higher center ring damage like the meme beam does now?

Make those tanks like they were in season 3