Buff the hydra launcher

The hydra launcher does so little damage. It also has low ammo capacity. It took me 3 shots to kill a spartan.

Those 3 missiles can be launched fairly quickly though, and they will usually hit if you’re locked on.

The only buff I might see for the gun would be a bit better tracking for targets that are behind cover…but that’s about it. It’s a strange weapon to be sure, but not a weak or underpowered one.

It only takes two hits to get a kill.

The hydra will kill a full shielded spartan with two locked on missiles. No need for a buff.

Make sure you are zoomed in to lock on. Once locked on, two rocket hits kill. I typically use it in corridors or open spaces. Make sure you’re not to close to enemy.

> 2533274811965155;5:
> Make sure you are zoomed in to lock on. Once locked on, two rocket hits kill. I typically use it in corridors or open spaces. Make sure you’re not to close to enemy.

I’ve seen 6 rockets hit a warhog and it kept driving on.

> 2533274808316762;6:
> > 2533274811965155;5:
> > Make sure you are zoomed in to lock on. Once locked on, two rocket hits kill. I typically use it in corridors or open spaces. Make sure you’re not to close to enemy.
>
>
> I’ve seen 6 rockets hit a warhog and it kept driving on.

Fair enough, I’ve only used it in Arena.

I think the damage it does is fine. Tracking is okay, don’t care to see an upgrade there. I do think it should lock on to targets a little faster so it’s not just a “kill an unsuspecting enemy in the weapon” weapon, as it is now.

> 2533274808316762;6:
> > 2533274811965155;5:
> > Make sure you are zoomed in to lock on. Once locked on, two rocket hits kill. I typically use it in corridors or open spaces. Make sure you’re not to close to enemy.
>
>
> I’ve seen 6 rockets hit a warhog and it kept driving on.

Some warthogs are severely armored and can take some insane punishment. Hardly anyone uses a regular warthog anymore. Most req out with armored warthogs.

Yeah lets make it one shot people that way with 18 aoe shots total it can finally be good.

I think they should lock on a little further away. Would make it alot more fun. Most of the time the only way I kill people with it is if their back is turned. And would help in 1v1 situations if it could lock on without being zoomed. The weapon is useless without being zoomed in.

The Hydra is a terrible weapon in any situation where the enemy sees you and is shooting at you. The only good use of a Hydra is if you can catch an enemy off guard or away from his attention in open combat. Locking in is pretty much a necessity for a power weapon as slow as the Hydra. Also, though it does some damage against vehicles, it’s not really an effective weapon against vehicles.

Faster lock on or longer lock on range would be more useful. Or a shorter reload. Just one of those mind you not all of them.

> 2535422603742100;13:
> Faster lock on or longer lock on range would be more useful. Or a shorter reload. Just one of those mind you not all of them.

The upgraded version of it in warzone (typhon I think) is basically exactly that.

It’s not really meant to be used without the lock-on feature… and in the right hands, it can turn the tide of an entire match.

The Hydra is fine as is… It’s a great weapon.

The Hydra Launcher takes two rockets to take down someone, the ammo clip is a good size for a weapon that has tracking capabilities. If a person ducks behind cover then the hydra rockets should hit the rock or whatever they are covered by and its an awesome weapon, if you shoot upwards i find it easier to hit people behind cover. Lots of people seem to dislike the hydra and i think that its because they don’t know how to use it.