Buff the banshee! (proposed changes)

What? Did he really just say that? Did he really just ask 343 to buff the all-mighty banshee?

Yes, yes I did. However, it’s probably not exactly what you’re thinking. Let me explain myself so you can get the big picture of what I’m trying to say.

The banshee in Reach is over-powered, we can agree on that. Now I propose a sort of “buff” in order to make the banshee a more skillful vehicle. Let’s think back for a second; how many times have you seen a banshee pilot actually fire his guns? Not very often, I would guess. Now what if we buffed these guns, and then gave the bomb a recharge time. (Say, about 10 seconds.) Also, make flips deplete the boost bar.

This way, pilots will be encouraged to employ a sort of strafing technique in order to get their kills, as opposed to bomb-flip-bomb-flip-bomb-flip, etc… The banshee would now become more skillful, as you’d actually have to aim your gun and maneuver around enemy fire at the same time, and the banshee bomb could be used every once in a while to clear out large groups of enemies.

Remember the banshee from Halo CE, how it didn’t even have a boost? This kind of banshee was one that could almost hover while taking out ground troops at the same time. I believe this is a better fit for the banshee than it currently is in Reach. It would now take more skill to use properly. The guns would be able to kill people rather quickly if you actually aimed, and boosting and flips would only be used for escape.

Thoughts? Feel free to agree or disagree.

misleading title is misleading
but i like what your saying,

i for one go for the suggestion that banshee bombs can ONLY fire once a successful lock-on is achieved, limiting the bomb to anti-vehicle use

now for the cannons…
every time i try to use them, auto-aim throws me off, even if i lead my target
the only time i can get a kill with the cannons is if
-A) target is not moving
-B) target is jet-packing

I agree slightly. The Banshee, in my opinion, is a code name for Ballistic Attack Noob Sees His Enemy Everywhere. It was almost perfect in H3, and in Reach, it was a nightmare.
If you had a skilled bashee pilot on your team, he could single handedly ruin the game for the other team, and maybe even yours by hogging all the kills. The Banshees’ boost was fine, but all that cursed flipping… and the quick recharge of the Banshee bomb… ugh. Your only hope was to have everyone on your team try to wipe it out with waves of DMR fire. Personally, when I use the Banshee, the main guns are too weak to really do anything. I think going back a few steps for the Banshee would do it some good.

> The Banshee is a code name for Ballistic Attack Noob Sees His Enemy Everywhere.

Perfect Definition

Personally I disagree with one thing, the hovering. In Halo 3 you could still fire the Banshees Fuel Rod at a Vehicle regardless of the lock-on. They need to bring back the Halo 3’s Banshee mechanics. These are suggestions about the Banshee’s Fuel Rod would make it useless to even pilot. Only firing the bomb once you have a lock-on to vehicles for anti-vehicle use? Thats utter crap! I’m so glad you guys are not game designers. You are ruining the one mechanic that makes the Banhshee, the Banshee…

> Personally These are suggestions about the Banshee’s Fuel Rod would make it useless to even pilot. Only firing the bomb once you have a lock-on to vehicles for anti-vehicle use? Thats utter crap! I’m so glad you guys are not game designers. You are ruining the one mechanic that makes the Banhshee, the Banshee…

if you take the armor off of a Spartan, is he still a Spartan?
If the MAC from a Frigate is removed, is it still a frigate?
If you Take the turret of a warthog, is it still a warthog?

speaking of The banshee being itself
ever try playing with the Banshee in Halo 2
no fuel rod

> > Personally These are suggestions about the Banshee’s Fuel Rod would make it useless to even pilot. Only firing the bomb once you have a lock-on to vehicles for anti-vehicle use? Thats utter crap! I’m so glad you guys are not game designers. You are ruining the one mechanic that makes the Banhshee, the Banshee…
>
> if you take the armor off of a Spartan, is he still a Spartan?
> If the MAC from a Frigate is removed, is it still a frigate?
> If you Take the turret of a warthog, is it still a warthog?
>
>
> speaking of The banshee being itself
> ever try playing with the Banshee in Halo 2
> no fuel rod

Every try playing with the Banshee, on Halo: PC? It had the Fuel Rod…

The Banshee had the Fuel Rod in Halo 2’s Campaign mode. The Banshee had no need for the Fuel Rod due to the rapid-firing buff, Bungie gave almost all the Covenant Weapons. But as I said, The Banshee could fire the Fuel Rod regardless of the lock-on feautre in Halo 3, why take the free fire mode away in Halo 4? Just depowerize the Fuel Rod to the Halo 3 Banshees Fuel Rod strength.

I want the halo: CE banshee.

i like

Wow the Banshee is overpowered if you’re not communicating, ever tried to teamshot a Banshee with a DMR? It won’t last 10seconds, on the other hand there are Laser, Plasmapistol, Grenade Launcher. Ever tried shooting it with a Snipe? 3Shot …

The Banshee in Halo 3 was better, no switch between weapons, infinite boost and better control, no one was flipping 24/7, because he didn’t have to.

Or, we could just go back to infinite boost. I mean come on, especially for the Ghost–boosting is it’s primary weapon (enter Armor Lock…)–it’s just annoying to have limits on it. So no, I don’t agree that you that flips and the like should be included in the boost bar. There shouldn’t be a boost bar.

And in my opinion, the Banshee was underpowered in Reach. Every vehicle was. How can you call a vehicle underpowered when you have a weapon that can destroy it from anywhere on the map right off spawn?

That said, the bomb had a maybe too fast recharge and definitely too large blast radius. There were times when I had to ask myself how I killed that guy. There were also times where the other team didn’t realize what the DMR was and I didn’t die the whole match. But that doesn’t immediately mean the Banshee is overpowered.

To make it more fair, I suggest making Splattering a valid tactic again. In Halo 3, (although perhaps I was still in the noob stages), my main method of attack was splattering. It goes without saying that it’s easy to get jacked, but that just means you need to have more skill. In Reach, if you try to Splatter someone you’ll probably Splatter yourself on the ground, or at least injure yourself enough that you’re quickly killed. Realistic? No. Fair? Moreso than Reach anyway.

Although it didn’t seem so at the time, I think the Banshee’s flips and stuff in Halo 3 are ridiculous. There is a significant delay between pressing the button and the trick starting, and then it is very slow and cumbersome. Obviously Reach got out of hand, but I would suggest quick flips and turns with longer recharges.

I also think that putting the bomb back to an auto-equipped weapon would be beneficial. Why? People fire it off, wait for it to recharge and start firing their cannons…and forget about the bomb. Obviously a good player wouldn’t do that (probably), but I think there is a psychological factor to needing to switch weapons: “Okay, it’ll take time to switch so I’ll just stick with what I’ve got.” It might be stretching it, but every little bit helps.

Good ideas, but these ideas to banshee wh**es who like it in its God-tier style, would be as popular as Swasticka’s in a Synagogue!

Halo 3 Banshee.
/thread

I made a thread about the banshee on the Reach forums hoping for a change knowing it wasn’t going to happen hopefully they’ll do this for Halo 4.

1. Remove bomb or make it limited capacity (like only having 2)
  2. Have flips drain boost
  3. Up the armor slightly

I don’t even use the Banshee anymore. I tried it in Reach, and virtually everyone else can shoot the bombs from it, but I can’t. I’ve tried literally every possible button on my controller, and unless it’s a hidden button, it’s not possible.

Just bring in the ODST Banshee (function AND design) and there you go.

> Wow the Banshee is overpowered if you’re not communicating, <mark>ever tried to teamshot a Banshee with a DMR?</mark> It won’t last 10seconds, on the other hand there are Laser, Plasmapistol, Grenade Launcher. Ever tried shooting it with a Snipe? 3Shot …
>
> The Banshee in Halo 3 was better, no switch between weapons, infinite boost and better control, no one was flipping 24/7, because he didn’t have to.

Ever tried to organize a team of 12-year-old randoms? Every time the enemy team gets a banshee or wraith or anything, I always try to rally them with some honest-to-goodness military strategy… only to be ignored and teamkilled for the sniper…

> I don’t even use the Banshee anymore. I tried it in Reach, and virtually everyone else can shoot the bombs from it, but I can’t. I’ve tried literally every possible button on my controller, and unless it’s a hidden button, it’s not possible.

Did you, say, try pressing “Y” and then firing? I think you should give it a try…

My preferred Banshee:

-Increase movement speed. <mark>Replace boost with hover</mark>
-reduce fuel rod blast radius. <mark>Homing should only work on air vehicles</mark>. How could Reach make the same mistake as H3 did with the Hornet?

-buff the plasma shots but give them spread (a la CE). The spread will allow Banshee pilots to become fearsome again while not being too powerful. Because right now, they are -Yoinking!- lax. The Banshees on Installation 04 rarely attack. And in Reach, from what I’ve seen, they rarely present a threat and are easily boarded. Finally, the 3 Banshees at the AA gun on The Storm just fly around doing nothing. It’s quite evident that they’re super lethal to infantry. This should not be the case. Remember in CE how Banshees would chase you all over the map? Harassing you when doing the bridge jump? I want that again! You know how hard it is to get the Scarab gun in H2 on Legendary? It’s impossible. <mark>The Banshee needs spread.</mark>

-tricks felt most useful in Reach so I say leave it or nerf them a little
-more durability (more vehicle durability was confirmed for H4)
-as one guy mentioned above, restore it’s splatter function. That’s what the Banshee was good at

-support it in campaign. Compare CE/H2/Reach to H3. In H3, there was no support for piloting the Banshee. You get in one, you can’t do much with it. You always have to use the Hornet

Better idea: bring back the Halo 3 Banshee. Get rid of all that boost limit BS and get rid of vehicle health. Both were God awful ideas.