Buddies Only PM Setting

In the My Profile section, there’s an option for users to only receive Private Messages from their Buddies.

The issue is, there’s absolutely no way for anyone to know if the user your sending a private message has this setting enabled.

There has been a lot of situations were somebody has sent me a PM and I reply like normal and later notice that message isn’t in my Outbox at all, meaning the user has Buddies Only on.

If I’m trying to reply to someone who has Buddies Only enabled, my entire PM shouldn’t be deleted. There should be an on-screen prompt similar to this. This will stop the PM from being “sent” and then vanishing.

An option to send a buddy request directly from that Notification would be ideal as well, but a notification would be extremely helpful.

I hope this can get added next time the forums receive some sort of revamp, it will help especially with the influx of new users after E3.

There should at least be a “Draft” section that it’d go to if the message couldn’t be sent.

> There has been a lot of situations were somebody has sent me a PM and I reply like normal and later notice that message isn’t in my Outbox at all, meaning the user has Buddies Only on.

This has happened to me, quite annoying.

I’m my opinion also a fix would be the that new accounts have their message settings set to everyone by default,then if the user decides to set it to buddies only is up to them.

> > There has been a lot of situations were somebody has sent me a PM and I reply like normal and later notice that message isn’t in my Outbox at all, meaning the user has Buddies Only on.
>
> This has happened to me, quite annoying.
>
> I’m my opinion also a fix would be the that <mark>new accounts have their message settings set to everyone by default</mark>,then if the user decides to set it to buddies only is up to them.

This isn’t the case already? :confused:

> > > There has been a lot of situations were somebody has sent me a PM and I reply like normal and later notice that message isn’t in my Outbox at all, meaning the user has Buddies Only on.
> >
> > This has happened to me, quite annoying.
> >
> > I’m my opinion also a fix would be the that <mark>new accounts have their message settings set to everyone by default</mark>,then if the user decides to set it to buddies only is up to them.
>
> This isn’t the case already? :confused:

I’m not entirely sure, I think I had heard new account were set to buddy only.

> > > > There has been a lot of situations were somebody has sent me a PM and I reply like normal and later notice that message isn’t in my Outbox at all, meaning the user has Buddies Only on.
> > >
> > > This has happened to me, quite annoying.
> > >
> > > I’m my opinion also a fix would be the that <mark>new accounts have their message settings set to everyone by default</mark>,then if the user decides to set it to buddies only is up to them.
> >
> > This isn’t the case already? :confused:
>
> I’m not entirely sure, I think I had heard new account were set to buddy only.

From experience, I can tell you that, yes, it is set to Buddies Only on default. I found that option by accident when I first came onto this website, so I changed it to Everyone instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for your feedback, we’ve passed it along to the web team.