Buck in infinite

Is there any news of buck being in infinite? Is he even still alive?

2 Likes

Haven’t seen any material that states Buck has died, though I suppose it’s not off the table that he could have died in the battle around zeta halo prior to the game. I personally think him and the rest of osiris and blue team will make their appearances eventually, if not in the main game, definitely a dlc. Personally I hope he comes back so I can continue my tradition of shouting, “shoot the -yoink- covenant buck…Shoot them!!” at my screen

He’s alive as of Bad Blood, which takes place post-Halo 5. However given how that story ends (with Buck leaving Osiris) I wouldn’t really expect him to be in Infinite.

I’ll have to read Bad Blood once I’m done with Last Light saga.

> 2533274870434572;3:
> He’s alive as of Bad Blood, which takes place post-Halo 5. However given how that story ends (with Buck leaving Osiris) I wouldn’t really expect him to be in Infinite.

I almost kind of hope that he doesn’t.
I wouldn’t want 343 to shoehorn him into the story of the launch campaign in spite of where they left him in Bad Blood.
I suppose they could retroactively release a 3rd Blood novel that serves as a prequel to Infinite, explaining how he got tied back into the main plot. But I feel it would suffer from a lot of fans seeing it as a retcon of Bad Blood.

I hope he will return.

If he’s not in the campaign then hopefully in a dlc with the rest of Alpha-Nine. I read Bad Blood so if we see Buck then I’d like to see him with the remaining members of Alpha-Nine not Osiris. Tho, I’d be fine if he’s fighting alongside them in a form of being reinforcement.

> 2533274810945725;5:
> > 2533274870434572;3:
> > He’s alive as of Bad Blood, which takes place post-Halo 5. However given how that story ends (with Buck leaving Osiris) I wouldn’t really expect him to be in Infinite.
>
> I almost kind of hope that he doesn’t.
> I wouldn’t want 343 to shoehorn him into the story of the launch campaign in spite of where they left him in Bad Blood.
> I suppose they could retroactively release a 3rd Blood novel that serves as a prequel to Infinite, explaining how he got tied back into the main plot. But I feel it would suffer from a lot of fans seeing it as a retcon of Bad Blood.

I don’t think it would really be a retcon—we’re a considerable distance in-game from the time Bad Blood takes place. Stuff happens.

But the universe is so sprawling that you simply can’t have every character still pop up without weighing things down, and especially as Infinite is supposed to be a good entry for new players, keeping the number of “wait who’s this guy” stuff to a minimum is probably a priority.

> 2533274810945725;5:
> > 2533274870434572;3:
> > He’s alive as of Bad Blood, which takes place post-Halo 5. However given how that story ends (with Buck leaving Osiris) I wouldn’t really expect him to be in Infinite.
>
> I almost kind of hope that he doesn’t.
> I wouldn’t want 343 to shoehorn him into the story of the launch campaign in spite of where they left him in Bad Blood.
> I suppose they could retroactively release a 3rd Blood novel that serves as a prequel to Infinite, explaining how he got tied back into the main plot. But I feel it would suffer from a lot of fans seeing it as a retcon of Bad Blood.

It would be pretty cool to have a collective gathering of all the critical Halo characters from the games but seeing as this isnt an Avengers movie we can easily justify it with everyone having their own special jobs to di

I’d like to see Buck and the rest of Alpha-Nine make an appearance in DLC/Expansion or in audio files that you have to find that build to another novel.

I think we will see Edward Buck and Alpha-Nine coming back in the upcoming Halo Infinite especially if there is a DLC campaign levels.

the Halopedia says that “With the onset of the Created conflict, Buck left Osiris, reformed Alpha-Nine and married Dare, his long-term girlfriend.”

I hope he’ll be in an expansion

That would be Awesome.

I hope so would love to see a veteran from the Human-Covenant war having to fight another new war with the Banished.

I would really like to see Buck and other members of team Osiris to show up in Infinite. Just because they were a big part of Halo 5. At the very least I would appreciate seeing Buck the most if we only get one member of Osiris to show up. Maybe as a link to a possible Halo: ODST 2.

A year late and after the release of Halo Infinite, its still unsure if he’s dead or not, we know a large majority of the Spartan IV’s did indeed bite the dust, but as for Buck and Osiris 343 left that area black, but I wouldn’t be surprised if 343 decided to kill them off screen like they did to Black Team

1 Like

It’s not cost-effective to kill an old character who has a good evaluation in the community.
And the actor has no scandal.

Why infinite? Why not Halo ODST 2? Where we get to see Alpha Nine as SPARTAN-IVs ?

As of the events of Halo: Bad Blood, he’s alive, but that was right after Halo 5. So, there’s no canon material for his whereabouts between early 2559 to mid 2560. He was still on the Infinity at the end of Bad Blood though; there could be a possibility he’s on Zeta Halo or on a separate mission like Locke.