BTB rocks. Keep as is.

Ya’ll didn’t make a sticky topic for BTB so here’s one of probably many user-generated threads of feedback for BTB.

My opinion: 343 did good and BTB kicks butt. (Waypoint profanity filter - you know what I mean).

I see people complaining that they don’t get their vehicles instantly, and that heavies/planes come in too late. I disagree. This was a good choice, and a move away from the uber-casual vehicle-reliant BTB I remember. Gives “infantry warfare” a fighting chance where mantis / scorpion / banshee previously dominated.

Please don’t cave in now to make the Tanks / Wasps come in earlier. This is not Titanfall. And the Loot cave? I love it.

One point of complaint: I don’t personally know this, because I turned off dialogue (got tired of the AI and his dad-jokes), but people are saying you removed Jeff from the BTB? If so, please reinstate Jeff when possible. Very crucial to know about overkills and killing sprees. Thank you.

+The usual complaints from before:

• TTK is very low on many weapons. Still not sure how this will fly with competitive console players.Many reports of aim problems across all platforms. Not limited to discussions about Aim Assist.

• Non-negotiable aim acceleration and lack of linear aim-response curve. - Discrepancy in sensitivity horizontally and vertically - Seemingly inconsistent aim sensitivity. - Lack of explanation in controller settings - Suboptimal default values for deadzones - Potential server-side issues that can impact aiming.

I’m loving BTB. It feels immersive with new changes! I do find objective game modes are definitely much harder with more players. The map doesn’t feel big enough to justify an extra 8 players added to the mix. But at the same time it keeps the action coming rather than feeling unevenly paced. I’d be happy if it stayed as is!

Sorry OP but no, it needs those vehicles to be more frequent. The best thing about BTB imo was the vehicle play, as nowhere else in the multiplayer sandbox can you drive vehicles around with such frequency. Call it casual or whatever else thats what BTB is and should be imo. It doesn’t make it Titanfall, it’s makes it btb.

As-is, you never even get them to use the tanks or air vehicles before the match ends, at most you get a couple ghosts to spawn in most games. And then they die almost instantly because infinite’s sandbox is full of anti-vehicle weapons and vehicles are weak as hell.

If they don’t up the frequency of vehicles, then they definitely need to make them stronger.

The speed with which the vehicles appear may need to be increased a bit. At least so that the heavy vehicles appear before, and not towards the end of the game.

> 2533274866536985;3:
> Sorry OP but no, it needs those vehicles to be more frequent. The best thing about BTB imo was the vehicle play, as nowhere else in the multiplayer sandbox can you drive vehicles around with such frequency. Call it casual or whatever else thats what BTB is and should be imo. It doesn’t make it Titanfall, it’s makes it btb.
>
> As-is, you never even get them to use the tanks or air vehicles before the match ends, at most you get a couple ghosts to spawn in most games. And then they die almost instantly because infinite’s sandbox is full of anti-vehicle weapons and vehicles are weak as hell.
>
> If they don’t up the frequency of vehicles, then they definitely need to make them stronger.

We’re all entitled to an oppinion. This is yours and I have mine. My main point here is to give positive feedback to 343 to some things they got right in my opinion. Sometimes the forums get flooded with only negative complaints.

I do agree somewhat with you on the point about strong weapons. I see people sleeping on the Shock Rifle right now, but when they figure out it can EMP vehicles it will park everything on the map Same for Disruptor but that doesn’t do one shot headshots. Also a lot of rockets, hammers and “non power weapons” that can brick an entire warthog. It’s a sandbox though.

> 2535438388661507;1:
> Ya’ll didn’t make a sticky topic for BTB so here’s one of probably many user-generated threads of feedback for BTB.
>
> My opinion: 343 did good and BTB kicks butt. (Waypoint profanity filter - you know what I mean).
>
> I see people complaining that they don’t get their vehicles instantly, and that heavies/planes come in too late. I disagree. This was a good choice, and a move away from the uber-casual vehicle-reliant BTB I remember. Gives “infantry warfare” a fighting chance where mantis / scorpion / banshee previously dominated.
>
> Please don’t cave in now to make the Tanks / Wasps come in earlier. This is not Titanfall. And the Loot cave? I love it.
>
> One point of complaint: I don’t personally know this, because I turned off dialogue (got tired of the AI and his dad-jokes), but people are saying you removed Jeff from the BTB? If so, please reinstate Jeff when possible. Very crucial to know about overkills and killing sprees. Thank you.
>
> +The usual complaints from before:
>
>
>
> - TTK is very low on many weapons. Still not sure how this will fly with competitive console players.Many reports of aim problems across all platforms. Not limited to discussions about Aim Assist.
> - Non-negotiable aim acceleration and lack of linear aim-response curve. - Discrepancy in sensitivity horizontally and vertically - Seemingly inconsistent aim sensitivity. - Lack of explanation in controller settings - Suboptimal default values for deadzones - Potential server-side issues that can impact aiming.
>

Agreed. This Big team Battle is the best i’ve ever played in Halo. And the loot caves are one of my favorite new additions in a long time! It’s important to have infantry gameplay, but I can understand why people are asking for heavy/air vehicles to come a little sooner. They do feel quite rare, although this could easily be fixed by implementing BTB Heavies seperate from standard BTB, or lump them into one playlist.

> 2535438388661507;5:
> > 2533274866536985;3:
> > Sorry OP but no, it needs those vehicles to be more frequent. The best thing about BTB imo was the vehicle play, as nowhere else in the multiplayer sandbox can you drive vehicles around with such frequency. Call it casual or whatever else thats what BTB is and should be imo. It doesn’t make it Titanfall, it’s makes it btb.
> >
> > As-is, you never even get them to use the tanks or air vehicles before the match ends, at most you get a couple ghosts to spawn in most games. And then they die almost instantly because infinite’s sandbox is full of anti-vehicle weapons and vehicles are weak as hell.
> >
> > If they don’t up the frequency of vehicles, then they definitely need to make them stronger.
>
> We’re all entitled to an oppinion. This is yours and I have mine. My main point here is to give positive feedback to 343 to some things they got right in my opinion. Sometimes the forums get flooded with only negative complaints.
>
> I do agree somewhat with you on the point about strong weapons. I see people sleeping on the Shock Rifle right now, but when they figure out it can EMP vehicles it will park everything on the map Same for Disruptor but that doesn’t do one shot headshots. Also a lot of rockets, hammers and “non power weapons” that can brick an entire warthog. It’s a sandbox though.

The loudest voices are often the negative ones, because people who enjoy the game are usually busy playing it and not complaining on the forums! lol

I’m glad i’m not the only one that gets upset over the heinous amount of negativity, or “criticism” on the forums. I’m almost glad the Forums are gonna be taken off Waypoint when the new website hits

> 2535438388661507;1:
> Ya’ll didn’t make a sticky topic for BTB so here’s one of probably many user-generated threads of feedback for BTB.
>
> My opinion: 343 did good and BTB kicks butt. (Waypoint profanity filter - you know what I mean).
>
> I see people complaining that they don’t get their vehicles instantly, and that heavies/planes come in too late. I disagree. This was a good choice, and a move away from the uber-casual vehicle-reliant BTB I remember. Gives “infantry warfare” a fighting chance where mantis / scorpion / banshee previously dominated.
>
> Please don’t cave in now to make the Tanks / Wasps come in earlier. This is not Titanfall. And the Loot cave? I love it.
>
> One point of complaint: I don’t personally know this, because I turned off dialogue (got tired of the AI and his dad-jokes), but people are saying you removed Jeff from the BTB? If so, please reinstate Jeff when possible. Very crucial to know about overkills and killing sprees. Thank you.
>
> +The usual complaints from before:
>
>
>
> - TTK is very low on many weapons. Still not sure how this will fly with competitive console players.Many reports of aim problems across all platforms. Not limited to discussions about Aim Assist.
> - Non-negotiable aim acceleration and lack of linear aim-response curve. - Discrepancy in sensitivity horizontally and vertically - Seemingly inconsistent aim sensitivity. - Lack of explanation in controller settings - Suboptimal default values for deadzones - Potential server-side issues that can impact aiming.
>

I’ve played over 10 games of BTB now and haven’t seen a tank even one time…
This is possibly the worst version of BTB i’ve ever played. But could be the best with improvements/tweaks. The 4v4 arena is fantastic in infinite but BTB needs a lot of work in
my opinion.
I think a lot of the changes made to BTB for infinite have made the mode far more RNG based.

My main grips are:
-Heavy vehicles are rare/none-existant. 343 could address this by spawning vehicles at bases like in legacy. But have the pelican drops as well but not as often.
-Random weapons spawning at the weapon racks, loot caves and drop pods reduces tactical options and reduces the importance of map knowledge. 343 could address this by having set weapon spawns. This could allow planning pre match based off of map selection and decisions mid match based on how the game is flowing. Example, there’s a tank on point B. Well i’ll go grab the rockets that I know spawns at this location. That cannot be done with random weapons. In Infinite it’s more, well I hop that there might be rockets hear.
-Map size increase without vehicle number increase. In Halo 3 a BTB team would get access to two warthogs, a prowler, a chopper, a scorpion and a mongoose on Sandtrap. From what I can count the BTB map we have played only has one warthog and two mongeese per team. This means more players are on foot, which wouldn’t be too bad if the maps weren’t bigger in scale. I spend a lot of time walking to the battle rather than actually battling. 343 Could address this by giving players more vehicles to get from A to B.

I will note that these improvements are just reverting to the old methods… But I think these changes don’t really add anything apart from the “wow that pelican drop off looks cool”.

I just want Halo to be the most fun it can.

I had my first run of BTB yesterday. I found it hard to get hold of a decent weapon ( need to get to know the map a little better ) But I agree with the comments, needs more vehicles. My eyesight is nowhere near what it used to be and I have come to rely on vehicles, to try and get an edge on the younger players. That’s a grandpa point of view anyway. It may well be that I have to avoid it, so as not to let the team down. I also found that the warthog is now very weak. I tried the warthog and ghost in Behemoth training and thought that the ghost was good, but the warthog was almost a waste of time.

I just want more toys; Warzone got me spoilt.

> 2533274882898126;7:
> > 2535438388661507;5:
> > > 2533274866536985;3:
> > >
> >
> > .
>
> I’m glad i’m not the only one that gets upset over the heinous amount of negativity, or “criticism” on the forums. I’m almost glad the Forums are gonna be taken off Waypoint when the new website hits

Are they actually getting rid of forums? Looks like I missed that.

> 2535454641346549;11:
> > 2533274882898126;7:
> > > 2535438388661507;5:
> > > > 2533274866536985;3:
> > > >
> > >
> > > .
> >
> > I’m glad i’m not the only one that gets upset over the heinous amount of negativity, or “criticism” on the forums. I’m almost glad the Forums are gonna be taken off Waypoint when the new website hits
>
> Are they actually getting rid of forums? Looks like I missed that.

Yes let us in on the deets here Deaths Shadow74 :slight_smile:

I like the btb and where its at. No tanks to worry about in the beginning and events get more intense as the match goes on.

> 2533274842428280;4:
> The speed with which the vehicles appear may need to be increased a bit. At least so that the heavy vehicles appear before, and not towards the end of the game.

Last few games of bib I played, the tank literally dropped in 30 seconds before game ended :-/

I also think the BTB needs to stay as is, because there were and probably will be BTB variants like “BTB Heavies”. Which would see a focus on vehicular combat. Don’t push for everything to be so flat all the time, because then different variants and game modes won’t be different enough to be interesting. Remember what happened to H5 Breakout, where the community feedback turned it into a clone of all the other arena game modes and everything unique about it was lost. It was just slayer with fewer weapons. We don’t need the vehicles sped up if there will be another game mode WITH the changes.

That being said, if there ISN’T a game mode that is focused on the Heavy vehicles, then I can definitely see the game mode needing a bit of a review in vehicle frequency.

People wanting tanks and banshees to spawn all the time need to stick to Warzone in Halo 5. The vehicle rate is fine but they should always give each size the same ones. They should take a bit more damage along with BR starts.

I honestly think it’s perfect as well. I could understand people wanting those heavier vehicles at a faster pace but I think that could vary depending on maps / game type. otherwise 10/10, I’m really starting to see the full potential of the sand box. I’m sure my opinions will change and I will find something by the end of the weekend, but so far no notes.

I have to disagree OP. BtB has just been okay in my mind. Outside of my gripes of certain weapon and vehicle balance, the map being overly cluttered and narrow, and it being littered with power weapons; I think it needs to spawn in the power vehicles a little earlier. The fact you can go a few games without seeing a single banshee or tank is not fun for people who enjoy the vehicle side of BTB. I would be fine if there is going to be a heavies mode, but if not it’s just not balanced drop wise to have the full BTB experience.

> 2533274882898126;7:
> > 2535438388661507;5:
> > > 2533274866536985;3:
> > > Sorry OP but no, it needs those vehicles to be more frequent. The best thing about BTB imo was the vehicle play, as nowhere else in the multiplayer sandbox can you drive vehicles around with such frequency. Call it casual or whatever else thats what BTB is and should be imo. It doesn’t make it Titanfall, it’s makes it btb.
> > >
> > > As-is, you never even get them to use the tanks or air vehicles before the match ends, at most you get a couple ghosts to spawn in most games. And then they die almost instantly because infinite’s sandbox is full of anti-vehicle weapons and vehicles are weak as hell.
> > >
> > > If they don’t up the frequency of vehicles, then they definitely need to make them stronger.
> >
> > We’re all entitled to an oppinion. This is yours and I have mine. My main point here is to give positive feedback to 343 to some things they got right in my opinion. Sometimes the forums get flooded with only negative complaints.
> >
> > I do agree somewhat with you on the point about strong weapons. I see people sleeping on the Shock Rifle right now, but when they figure out it can EMP vehicles it will park everything on the map Same for Disruptor but that doesn’t do one shot headshots. Also a lot of rockets, hammers and “non power weapons” that can brick an entire warthog. It’s a sandbox though.
>
> The loudest voices are often the negative ones, because people who enjoy the game are usually busy playing it and not complaining on the forums! lol
>
> I’m glad i’m not the only one that gets upset over the heinous amount of negativity, or “criticism” on the forums. I’m almost glad the Forums are gonna be taken off Waypoint when the new website hits

Why is the forums being taken off way point ? To hide legitimate complaints ? If they don’t fix what the majority want then they will lose players faster than what halo 5 did. Most people aren’t happy with the fact heavy vehicles aren’t appearing a lot sooner

> 2535438388661507;12:
> > 2535454641346549;11:
> > > 2533274882898126;7:
> > > > 2535438388661507;5:
> > > > > 2533274866536985;3:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > .
> > >
> > > I’m glad i’m not the only one that gets upset over the heinous amount of negativity, or “criticism” on the forums. I’m almost glad the Forums are gonna be taken off Waypoint when the new website hits
> >
> > Are they actually getting rid of forums? Looks like I missed that.
>
> Yes let us in on the deets here Deaths Shadow74 :slight_smile:

They mentioned it in the Inside Infinite blog post that covered the new Halo Waypoint app and website, and said the forums weren’t being deleted but instead moved to another 3rd party site that I don’t remember the name of