BTB Pistol Starts

Should BTB be refreshed with a new set of maps with Pistol starts? I ask because it seems that BTB has got no love from 343 considering it’s a staple of the Halo franchise and wanted to know everyone’s opinion on this

Pistol starts might make crossing open fields less suicidal. I’m open to the idea, but folks love their br starts.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> Pistol starts might make crossing open fields less suicidal. I’m open to the idea, but folks love their br starts.

I also love Br’s being a veteran of the game, but I feel like the maps that are currently in place wouldn’t support Pistol starts. This is why the maps should be refreshed with new maps that support pistol starts. It would also give the playlist a fresh new feel.

And ruin the only proper starting game mode in the game? I think not.

> 2535449625725537;4:
> And ruin the only proper starting game mode in the game? I think not.

Uh oh! Guys they’re here!

The “BR’s are the only weapons to use for everything” players.

> 2533274912984822;5:
> > 2535449625725537;4:
> > And ruin the only proper starting game mode in the game? I think not.
>
>
> Uh oh! Guys they’re here!
>
> The “BR’s are the only weapons to use for everything” players.

Indeed we are!

No but I wouldn’t mind having both if we got to have both on rotation in 4v4 and btb

I think btb and arena 4v4 needs br start too many games in 4v4 are stuck on being spawn trapped and with just a pistol it’s impossible to reverse against other weapons never mind power weapons.

Actually we wouldn’t need new maps. Many/most of the current maps were tested with pistol starts and thusly would play better with pistol starts.

> 2535449625725537;4:
> And ruin the only proper starting game mode in the game? I think not.

You certainly have the right to prefer BR starts but these maps simply weren’t designed for it. We should either get new maps with more cover and longer sight lines for br starts, or switch the current maps to pistol starts IMO.

Current maps DO indeed work with magnums, hence why people have been wanting it changed for some time. btb would be so much more tolerable for me if they go to magnum starts, instead tho I’ll ignore the broken B.S. They have in place right now.

> 2533274923562209;9:
> Current maps DO indeed work with magnums, hence why people have been wanting it changed for some time. btb would be so much more tolerable for me if they go to magnum starts, instead tho I’ll ignore the broken B.S. They have in place right now.

The maps were even tested with AR magnum starts not AR BR starts.

Please switch to Magnum starts! In earlier Halo games, you couldn’t shoot people from across the map with your BR but in Halo 5, you can. Magnums would fit so much better, or when Anvil’s Legacy comes out, the Tactical Magnum could replace the BR. That way, people still have the zoom we want, but less accuracy and more recoil.

I would love to see Magnum starts in BTB! Many of the maps seem to work better with them, since it allows people to move around the map more freely without the worry of being shot from across the map. Basically, it would serve the same purpose as Magnum starts in Arena. The Magnum is a fine utility weapon across all playlists, 343i should utilize it.

Compromise: BR magnum starts.

> 2533274919101675;13:
> Compromise: BR magnum starts.

Not a comprise at all. It doesn’t negate the BRs negative effects which is why people want it removed.

I wasn’t intending it to be taken seriously, it was a joke on the BR people.

> 2533274919101675;13:
> Compromise: BR magnum starts.

I agree with this 10/10 idea. Then we can get rid of the OP ARs

> 2533274891097288;16:
> > 2533274919101675;13:
> > Compromise: BR magnum starts.
>
>
> I agree with this 10/10 idea. Then we can get rid of the OP ARs

AR? OP? In BtB? Uhhhh, no. The BR is the OP one.

As much as I like BR starts, it is way to easy to go through an entire BTB game getting loads of kills without even needing to touch a power weapon. I feel like with the maps we have currently, we need AR and Pistol starts to make it a more balanced experience so the entire match isn’t just players in weaker positions getting picked off by people using the weapon they spawn with.

I’m sure they are adding some new maps with magnum starts, but the old ones will stay with Br starts I read somewhere