BTB Pistol Starts?

Has anyone ever heard anything from 343 regarding updating the BTB playlist or adding pistol starts in the mix of BTB?

Halo 1 magnum start on Blood Gulch remake

Why? No one would use them since it uses BR starts, and the Battle Rifle is far superior to the Magnum.

Why would they add pistols? the reason there are BRs because it’s BTB and the Magnum has no range. Maybe as a weapon to find on the map, but not loadout.

I hope they add Mag/AR starts soon, it plays so much better then BR starts. It encourages more vehicle play and weapon pickups. Seeing as pretty much all BTB maps are designed for Mag/AR starts I think a trial period will happen at the very least.

> 2533274797303698;5:
> I hope they add Mag/AR starts soon, it plays so much better then BR starts. It encourages more vehicle play and weapon pickups. Seeing as pretty much all BTB maps are designed for Mag/AR starts I think a trial period will happen at the very least.

Bing! This is all the answers you need AftermaTh XCVII and SaneMountain212 :slight_smile:

I would much prefer BTB to be magnum starts.

Yes please, the BR starts makes me remember pre patch BTB in H4 with the DMR, cross mapping everywhere and limited vehicle gameplay.

Its supposed to be AR and BR. No pistols.

> 2533274803493024;6:
> > 2533274797303698;5:
> > I hope they add Mag/AR starts soon, it plays so much better then BR starts. It encourages more vehicle play and weapon pickups. Seeing as pretty much all BTB maps are designed for Mag/AR starts I think a trial period will happen at the very least.
>
> Bing! This is all the answers you need AftermaTh XCVII and SaneMountain212 :slight_smile:
>
> I would much prefer BTB to be magnum starts.

Ok, I see your point. I may not agree with it but I see it. But then let me ask you this: Why take away the only gamemode that has BR starts in Arena? People that has asked and wanted BR starts can go to BTB while literally every other playlist, save for Breakout and Grifball, has AR/Magnum spawns.

Seems kinda greedy to me.

Pistol starts are frankly a bandaid solution that doesn’t actually fix the underlying problems with BTB in Halo 5. The god-awful chip damage system that we have had since Reach insures supbar vehicle combat no matter what weapon you start with. The the Pistol’s inherent lack of range means that the incredibly easy to use Halo 5 sniper will only dominate even more and those who do manage to snag the other precision weapons will have even greater advantages against respawning players.

BTB is just fundamentally flawed at the moment and frankly has been for some time.

> 2533274837720524;3:
> Why? No one would use them since it uses BR starts, and the Battle Rifle is far superior to the Magnum.

That’s kinda the problem.

> 2535409489305717;4:
> Why would they add pistols? the reason there are BRs because it’s BTB and the Magnum has no range. Maybe as a weapon to find on the map, but not loadout.

> 2535424929604739;8:
> Its supposed to be AR and BR. No pistols.

You two are hilarious. I’m laughing my -Yoink- off at just how funny you two are.

Maybe next time you guys will research before you comment?

> 2533274837720524;9:
> > 2533274803493024;6:
> > > 2533274797303698;5:
> > > I hope they add Mag/AR starts soon, it plays so much better then BR starts. It encourages more vehicle play and weapon pickups. Seeing as pretty much all BTB maps are designed for Mag/AR starts I think a trial period will happen at the very least.
> >
> > Bing! This is all the answers you need AftermaTh XCVII and SaneMountain212 :)I would much prefer BTB to be magnum starts.
>
> Ok, I see your point. I may not agree with it but I see it. But then let me ask you this: Why take away the only gamemode that has BR starts in Arena? People that has asked and wanted BR starts can go to BTB while literally every other playlist, save for Breakout and Grifball, has AR/Magnum spawns.Seems kinda greedy to me.

Because that’s not how this works at all. A playlist’s loadout weapons are not dictated by what the fans want, but what’s best for the gameplay and flow of the maps inside it. BR starts ruin BTB in Halo 5. If people want to use it so much they can pick one up.

Double post, move along.

> 2533274883849234;12:
> > 2535409489305717;4:
> > Why would they add pistols? the reason there are BRs because it’s BTB and the Magnum has no range. Maybe as a weapon to find on the map, but not loadout.
>
>
>
> > 2535424929604739;8:
> > Its supposed to be AR and BR. No pistols.
>
> You two are hilarious. I’m laughing my -Yoink- off at just how funny you two are.
>
> Maybe next time you guys will research before you comment?
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274837720524;9:
> > > 2533274803493024;6:
> > > > 2533274797303698;5:
> > > > I hope they add Mag/AR starts soon, it plays so much better then BR starts. It encourages more vehicle play and weapon pickups. Seeing as pretty much all BTB maps are designed for Mag/AR starts I think a trial period will happen at the very least.
> > >
> > > Bing! This is all the answers you need AftermaTh XCVII and SaneMountain212 :)I would much prefer BTB to be magnum starts.
> >
> > Ok, I see your point. I may not agree with it but I see it. But then let me ask you this: Why take away the only gamemode that has BR starts in Arena? People that has asked and wanted BR starts can go to BTB while literally every other playlist, save for Breakout and Grifball, has AR/Magnum spawns.Seems kinda greedy to me.
>
> Because that’s not how this works at all. A playlist’s loadout weapons are not dictated by what the fans want, but what’s best for the gameplay and flow of the maps inside it. BR starts ruin BTB in Halo 5. If people want to use it so much they can pick one up.

They ruin it, eh? From what I’ve played and seen it is anything but. Now you can petition for your pocket DMR all day long but I’m certain you’ll never get it. Now go play something else if you want Magnum starts so damn bad. Also, same goes for the Magnum, maybe they’ll put it in the map so you can pick it up since you want it so bad.

Ssh don’t say, you will make the people that want BR starts whine. We don’t want that!

> 2533274837720524;14:
> > 2533274883849234;12:
> > > 2535409489305717;4:
> > > Why would they add pistols? the reason there are BRs because it’s BTB and the Magnum has no range. Maybe as a weapon to find on the map, but not loadout.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2535424929604739;8:
> > > Its supposed to be AR and BR. No pistols.
> >
> > You two are hilarious. I’m laughing my -Yoink- off at just how funny you two are.
> >
> > Maybe next time you guys will research before you comment?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274837720524;9:
> > > > 2533274803493024;6:
> > > > > 2533274797303698;5:
> > > > > I hope they add Mag/AR starts soon, it plays so much better then BR starts. It encourages more vehicle play and weapon pickups. Seeing as pretty much all BTB maps are designed for Mag/AR starts I think a trial period will happen at the very least.
> > > >
> > > > Bing! This is all the answers you need AftermaTh XCVII and SaneMountain212 :)I would much prefer BTB to be magnum starts.
> > >
> > > Ok, I see your point. I may not agree with it but I see it. But then let me ask you this: Why take away the only gamemode that has BR starts in Arena? People that has asked and wanted BR starts can go to BTB while literally every other playlist, save for Breakout and Grifball, has AR/Magnum spawns.Seems kinda greedy to me.
> >
> > Because that’s not how this works at all. A playlist’s loadout weapons are not dictated by what the fans want, but what’s best for the gameplay and flow of the maps inside it. BR starts ruin BTB in Halo 5. If people want to use it so much they can pick one up.
>
> They ruin it, eh? From what I’ve played and seen it is anything but. Now you can petition for your pocket DMR all day long but I’m certain you’ll never get it. Now go play something else if you want Magnum starts so damn bad. Also, same goes for the Magnum, maybe they’ll put it in the map so you can pick it up since you want it so bad.

Uh-huh. Imma pull out the facts now.

  • Halo 5’s BR is not the same BR as previous Halo games. The argument that BR starts has always been BTB’s thing simply won’t work no matter how much you try. It’s RRR is much longer, has tighter spread, is now a hitscan weapon (compared to H3’s), and better hit registration. This leads to stagnation, making vehicles useless, and other issues - “Yes, it was designed for Mag & AR starts.” - TimeDipper (author of Dispelled) - “Pistol starts work great on Halvalla. I’d rather that than br starts on it.” - no god anywhere (author of Viking) - “I do think BR starts need to go… I actually designed Entombed for AR/Pistol starts… that is why there is BR’s placed around the map…lol” - Ducain23 (author of Entombed and famous forger) - “We tested all the new BTB maps with Pistol/AR starts. They all played much better. Deadlock became the vehicle playground it was intended to be. Hopefully, they make the right decision and rid BTB of BR starts.” - Nokyard (author of Deadlock and famous Grifball forger) - “I see that everyone is advocating for magnum starts in the BTB playlist and I’m glad to see the support for it. Unyshek has been trying to create a trial period for magnum starts in the Big Team Battle playlist for quite some time now. We need to show more interest for magnum starts as a community to help convince some higher ups from the MP team.” - Warholic (co-author of the new Antifreeze and famous forger) - “Yes, they were. Most of us forgers have been designing all maps, including BTB, with Magnum starts in mind. The Magnum is the optimal starting weapon in Halo 5, and is what the rest of the sandbox was designed around. It’s also more balanced than the BR when facing multiple opponents. The BR kills in four shots, meaning two players shooting one each have to fire twice. With the Magnum, one of those players will have to fire a third time, lengthening the TTK slightly which allows the enemy player a greater chance at fighting back. This, in combination with its shorter range, allows players to more effectively fight their way out of potential spawn traps, increases the viability of vehicles, and further segments the maps by distance and makes them play larger than they currently do.” - Squally DaBeanz (author of Fracture and co-author of the new Recurve and Antifreeze) - This video by ForgeHub’s ThePsychoDuck (author of Guillotine) 'Kay have a good night, remember to research before you comment on something, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!

> 2533274883849234;16:
> > 2533274837720524;14:
> > > 2533274883849234;12:
> > > > 2535409489305717;4:
> > > > Why would they add pistols? the reason there are BRs because it’s BTB and the Magnum has no range. Maybe as a weapon to find on the map, but not loadout.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2535424929604739;8:
> > > > Its supposed to be AR and BR. No pistols.
> > >
> > > You two are hilarious. I’m laughing my -Yoink- off at just how funny you two are.
> > >
> > > Maybe next time you guys will research before you comment?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274837720524;9:
> > > > > 2533274803493024;6:
> > > > > > 2533274797303698;5:
> > > > > > I hope they add Mag/AR starts soon, it plays so much better then BR starts. It encourages more vehicle play and weapon pickups. Seeing as pretty much all BTB maps are designed for Mag/AR starts I think a trial period will happen at the very least.
> > > > >
> > > > > Bing! This is all the answers you need AftermaTh XCVII and SaneMountain212 :)I would much prefer BTB to be magnum starts.
> > > >
> > > > Ok, I see your point. I may not agree with it but I see it. But then let me ask you this: Why take away the only gamemode that has BR starts in Arena? People that has asked and wanted BR starts can go to BTB while literally every other playlist, save for Breakout and Grifball, has AR/Magnum spawns.Seems kinda greedy to me.
> > >
> > > Because that’s not how this works at all. A playlist’s loadout weapons are not dictated by what the fans want, but what’s best for the gameplay and flow of the maps inside it. BR starts ruin BTB in Halo 5. If people want to use it so much they can pick one up.
> >
> > They ruin it, eh? From what I’ve played and seen it is anything but. Now you can petition for your pocket DMR all day long but I’m certain you’ll never get it. Now go play something else if you want Magnum starts so damn bad. Also, same goes for the Magnum, maybe they’ll put it in the map so you can pick it up since you want it so bad.
>
> Uh-huh. Imma pull out the facts now.
>
>
> - Halo 5’s BR is not the same BR as previous Halo games. The argument that BR starts has always been BTB’s thing simply won’t work no matter how much you try. It’s RRR is much longer, has tighter spread, is now a hitscan weapon (compared to H3’s), and better hit registration. This leads to stagnation, making vehicles useless, and other issues - “Yes, it was designed for Mag & AR starts.” - TimeDipper (author of Dispelled) - “Pistol starts work great on Halvalla. I’d rather that than br starts on it.” - no god anywhere (author of Viking) - “I do think BR starts need to go… I actually designed Entombed for AR/Pistol starts… that is why there is BR’s placed around the map…lol” - Ducain23 (author of Entombed and famous forger) - “We tested all the new BTB maps with Pistol/AR starts. They all played much better. Deadlock became the vehicle playground it was intended to be. Hopefully, they make the right decision and rid BTB of BR starts.” - Nokyard (author of Deadlock and famous Grifball forger) - “I see that everyone is advocating for magnum starts in the BTB playlist and I’m glad to see the support for it. Unyshek has been trying to create a trial period for magnum starts in the Big Team Battle playlist for quite some time now. We need to show more interest for magnum starts as a community to help convince some higher ups from the MP team.” - Warholic (co-author of the new Antifreeze and famous forger) - “Yes, they were. Most of us forgers have been designing all maps, including BTB, with Magnum starts in mind. The Magnum is the optimal starting weapon in Halo 5, and is what the rest of the sandbox was designed around. It’s also more balanced than the BR when facing multiple opponents. The BR kills in four shots, meaning two players shooting one each have to fire twice. With the Magnum, one of those players will have to fire a third time, lengthening the TTK slightly which allows the enemy player a greater chance at fighting back. This, in combination with its shorter range, allows players to more effectively fight their way out of potential spawn traps, increases the viability of vehicles, and further segments the maps by distance and makes them play larger than they currently do.” - Squally DaBeanz (author of Fracture and co-author of the new Recurve and Antifreeze) - This video by ForgeHub’s ThePsychoDuck (author of Guillotine) 'Kay have a good night, remember research before you comment on something, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!

Hmm, I see. But lets see if 343 sees and cares. Which I doubt they will/do. Keep in petitioning with all that smugness and see were it gets you, and if it bothers you people so much go to Customs and change the settings :slight_smile:

This thread reincarnates all the time, doesn’t it?

I guess it has to, though. Gotta keep the pressure on. As someone who prefers big team battle, I agree. Pistol starts all the way. I’ve seen most of the quotes RUL posted in the previous incarnations of this thread, and that’s plenty of evidence to suggest that battle rifles could be replaced without issue. Besides my personal gut feeling prior to reading the quotes.

Maybe, I believe BR starts are more fitting for BTB (large maps). Even more interestingly maybe DMR starts.

> 2533274883849234;16:
> > 2533274837720524;14:
> > > 2533274883849234;12:
> > > > 2535409489305717;4:
> > > > Why would they add pistols? the reason there are BRs because it’s BTB and the Magnum has no range. Maybe as a weapon to find on the map, but not loadout.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2535424929604739;8:
> > > > Its supposed to be AR and BR. No pistols.
> > >
> > > You two are hilarious. I’m laughing my -Yoink- off at just how funny you two are.
> > >
> > > Maybe next time you guys will research before you comment?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274837720524;9:
> > > > > 2533274803493024;6:
> > > > > > 2533274797303698;5:
> > > > > > I hope they add Mag/AR starts soon, it plays so much better then BR starts. It encourages more vehicle play and weapon pickups. Seeing as pretty much all BTB maps are designed for Mag/AR starts I think a trial period will happen at the very least.
> > > > >
> > > > > Bing! This is all the answers you need AftermaTh XCVII and SaneMountain212 :)I would much prefer BTB to be magnum starts.
> > > >
> > > > Ok, I see your point. I may not agree with it but I see it. But then let me ask you this: Why take away the only gamemode that has BR starts in Arena? People that has asked and wanted BR starts can go to BTB while literally every other playlist, save for Breakout and Grifball, has AR/Magnum spawns.Seems kinda greedy to me.
> > >
> > > Because that’s not how this works at all. A playlist’s loadout weapons are not dictated by what the fans want, but what’s best for the gameplay and flow of the maps inside it. BR starts ruin BTB in Halo 5. If people want to use it so much they can pick one up.
> >
> > They ruin it, eh? From what I’ve played and seen it is anything but. Now you can petition for your pocket DMR all day long but I’m certain you’ll never get it. Now go play something else if you want Magnum starts so damn bad. Also, same goes for the Magnum, maybe they’ll put it in the map so you can pick it up since you want it so bad.
>
> Uh-huh. Imma pull out the facts now.
>
>
> - Halo 5’s BR is not the same BR as previous Halo games. The argument that BR starts has always been BTB’s thing simply won’t work no matter how much you try. It’s RRR is much longer, has tighter spread, is now a hitscan weapon (compared to H3’s), and better hit registration. This leads to stagnation, making vehicles useless, and other issues - “Yes, it was designed for Mag & AR starts.” - TimeDipper (author of Dispelled) - “Pistol starts work great on Halvalla. I’d rather that than br starts on it.” - no god anywhere (author of Viking) - “I do think BR starts need to go… I actually designed Entombed for AR/Pistol starts… that is why there is BR’s placed around the map…lol” - Ducain23 (author of Entombed and famous forger) - “We tested all the new BTB maps with Pistol/AR starts. They all played much better. Deadlock became the vehicle playground it was intended to be. Hopefully, they make the right decision and rid BTB of BR starts.” - Nokyard (author of Deadlock and famous Grifball forger) - “I see that everyone is advocating for magnum starts in the BTB playlist and I’m glad to see the support for it. Unyshek has been trying to create a trial period for magnum starts in the Big Team Battle playlist for quite some time now. We need to show more interest for magnum starts as a community to help convince some higher ups from the MP team.” - Warholic (co-author of the new Antifreeze and famous forger) - “Yes, they were. Most of us forgers have been designing all maps, including BTB, with Magnum starts in mind. The Magnum is the optimal starting weapon in Halo 5, and is what the rest of the sandbox was designed around. It’s also more balanced than the BR when facing multiple opponents. The BR kills in four shots, meaning two players shooting one each have to fire twice. With the Magnum, one of those players will have to fire a third time, lengthening the TTK slightly which allows the enemy player a greater chance at fighting back. This, in combination with its shorter range, allows players to more effectively fight their way out of potential spawn traps, increases the viability of vehicles, and further segments the maps by distance and makes them play larger than they currently do.” - Squally DaBeanz (author of Fracture and co-author of the new Recurve and Antifreeze) - This video by ForgeHub’s ThePsychoDuck (author of Guillotine)'Kay have a good night, remember to research before you comment on something, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!

This list sums up why BR starts needs to go bye bye. Any arguments that say otherwise, are clearly missing the most important point made; the Forgers who built the maps have said themselves that AR/MAGS are the intended starting weapons, and is what they designed their map balance around.