BTB needs overhaul

Most community maps are just terrible. Many allow for spawnkilling or weapon camping. Nearly ALL of them have WAYY too many power weapons.
Discuss.

Wayont is the best BTB map in Reach, Abridged and Mt Lam Lam aren’t very bad either and Trident is quite good actually. I’d play any of these maps over the original maps. I have nothing against adding more community maps as long as they’re good. I don’t see any of the aforementioned maps suffering from too much power weapons: Wayont only has two Rocket launchers with two rockets each, Abridged has most power weapons of these three maps and only problem I see with the map is that Falcon gets shot down pretty quickly, Mt Lam Lam only has laser, rockets and sniper and I very rarely run into a guy with the rockets, Trident again, the only power weapon on it is sword if my memory serves.

I could very well do with BTB only having these four maps, they’re way better than any other BTB map in Halo Reach.

I cant stand wayont… It has a good balance of weapons and vehicles but the layout itself i just dont like.
Its definately better than maps like trident though. Trident has the energy sword, i think a RL, two grenade launchers on each side, and i think im forgetting something.
My favorite, which isnt saying much, is renegade. Its fun and there isnt a stupid amount of power weapons.

No BTB needs:

1. the ability to drive with flags, CTF is too slow

2. hemm needs 2 shotguns on 30 sec spawn with multiple being able to be on the map

the problem is that when you play CTF the one guy has shotgun camps and then its AR vs shotgun. If shotguns are plentiful then it can be a fair becuase you can grab one either in base or bring one form your base. Its hwo it worked in CE and it was good.

no shotguns. no more weapons. less weapons.
And flag carriers should be able to drive, but at like 3/4 speed of normal. otherwise theyd get iin like a ghost and boost across the whole danged map.

> no shotguns. no more weapons. less weapons.
> And flag carriers should be able to drive, but at like 3/4 speed of normal. otherwise theyd get iin like a ghost and boost across the whole danged map.

driving at full speed would speed up the game, as it is now CTF is horribly slow

shotguns on hemm would stop the camping

CTF is slow because people are idiots, not because the flag carrier cant drive.

Reach needs to add more vehicles in BTB and more anti-vehicle weaponry.

The thing that made BTB in Halo 2 the best, imo, was the amount of vehicles that were included.

Hemorrhage is terrible because the map is huge and flat, making sniping and dmr easier also the flag carrier has a hard time to get away in these conditions. the mongoose/warthog is easily destroyed by the dmr and sniper so this just encourages people not to enter vehicles. I would go on but I don’t feel like saying the flaws of every map in the game.

Hemmorhage is a good map, just not for DMRs. no one uses the main part of the map because you just get picked off of one of 20 weapons…
the sniper has always been there.
For some reason, hemorrhage feels much bigger than blood gulch.

> CTF is slow because people are idiots, not because the flag carrier cant drive.

Agreed, it is slow because people play CTF like Slayer. They focus on kills then wonder why they lost 0-3.

My problem with BTB is that everyone just rushes with vehicles, destroys the other team’s vehicles, watches alll spawn points and forces them to spawn in the middle of their base, where they pick em off easy.

It’s really stupid IMO and that never really happened in CE Blood Gulch with those adamantium hogs.

Other than that BTB is my fave.

And yes, community maps kinda suck.

Only Wayont is bad. Trident is poor, but not appalling. The rest are fine.

How do you drive with a big flag and pole in the drivers seat?

> No BTB needs:
>
> 1) the ability to drive with flags, CTF is too slow
>
> 2) hemm needs 2 shotguns on 30 sec spawn with multiple being able to be on the map
>
> the problem is that when you play CTF the one guy has shotgun camps and then its AR vs shotgun. If shotguns are plentiful then it can be a fair becuase you can grab one either in base or bring one form your base. Its hwo it worked in CE and it was good.

1. No. Too many vehicles on the map for that. Flag carrier would almost always find a vehicle at the enemy base to use.

2. More shotguns = more camping. You act like if the defenders wouldn’t pick up the shotguns themselves and leave them for the attackers.

And I agree with the OP. Although there usually are also far too many vehilces on the map.