BTB Heavies Venting

Big Team Battle has been infected by simpletons. Gone of the days of capturing flags, taking territories and bombing bases in a big team scale.

Instead we just have Big explosions and guys who just want to get up their K/D in the Tank or Banshee.

I think I have only played 1 objective based game in the last month in BTB.

In my mind Halo is at it’s very best in CTF and other objective based modes, as it adds a purpose and an objective outside of “shoot the man” and due to this, it is also normally the least played as the masses are stupid.

I think it’s a fun game style and can make for some great wars, but it seems to be all that get’s picked nowadays.

And yes. I know that I can go and play the “Team Objective” playlist and often do. But I miss easily being able to play 2 flag CTF on Hemorrhage, which I feel is the definitive Halo match.

Different strokes for different folks. Consider yourself lucky to have a dedicated objective playlist.

When it comes down to it, the majority of people just want to -Yoink- around when they get online. Its as simple as that. BTB heavies gives that to people. Its a shame maybe. If you get on with a full party you should have an unbroken streak of like 50 wins though.

You cant really run flags or bombs properly on good old haemorrhage anymore anyway, you cant move 10 feet without being cut in half by DMR fire. So whats the point.

I like heavies but I also like objective. Randoms usually suck for objective game types though so I vote against them. Wish it wasn’t that way but it is.

> You cant really run flags or bombs properly on good old haemorrhage anymore anyway, you cant move 10 feet without being cut in half by DMR fire. So whats the point.

BTB in a nutshell ^

if you pair this with the terrible drivers in a game, you might as well have your death certificate already as soon as you pick up an objective or climb onto a mongoose

I’ve never really noticed these issues. But I might just be used to the whole team dragging the flag to the base bit-by-bit rather than the “solo hero run”.

I think it’s a bit of a cop out blaming DMRs or drivers. I hardly feel thatthey are so bad that they are game breaking or anything. It’s not like it’s a one shot kill or that drivers (mostly) aren’t just trying to get you back to the base under pressure.

You make it sound like flags never get captured or something.

Heavies is the worst thing to happen to BTB. I was able to avoid this stupid gametype by staying in the Anni BTB playlist, alas 343 in their infinite wisdom decided to removed my favorite playlist. So, I was playimng BTB with a group of 5 guys yesterday and the vote comes up; Slayer: Spire, Heavies: Asphalt, 2 Flag: Wayont. We are all objective fans (in fact Team Objective is what we normally play) so 5 votes fror 2 flag, plus one other vote, unfortunately the majority of pantsonhead players voted for not only Heavies but the WORST heavies map: Asphalt. We get in the game and build an OK lead. nothing great, but then the other team starts quitting out. It ended up being an 8 on 4 game, awesome… you voted for this stupid game and now you quit leaving us stuck playing something we didnt vote for and chasing the other team around so we could end the ordeal. NOT AMUSED. Heavies is an abomination and needs to go! Unfortunately, I know it won’t be removed :confused:

> <mark>Big Team Battle has been infected by simpletons. Gone of the days of capturing flags, taking territories and bombing bases in a big team scale.</mark>

Nobody did that, it was all about kills.

I love the normal btb spire, whenever it get spicked I always go for the falcon and rack up wheelmans. Last time I played it my gunners got up to a rampage. While it’s nice to get to use a tank or rockets liberally in a game I much prefer the standard btb maps over the heavies variants. I used to like asphalt but I get too frustrated with it, if it had slightly less vehicles I think it would work great.

I can’t stand cragmire or graveyard though, weapon and vehicle placement is just awful. Boneyard uses only half of the map, couldn’t the author of graveyard put one team on one side, the other on the other side along with the vehicles? I think it would even things out especially if you are up against a live team who are just interested in creating a spawn trap. One game in my memory on gravyyard - :slight_smile: - is I was up against a live party and there was no point staying in game. They had taken both tanks, both banshees, and both snipers. They’re banshees were destroying the gauss hogs unmanned so nobody could fight back. Maybe if more of the map was used this wouldn’t happen or at least it would be harder to make something like that happen.

Because nothing is more fun than getting matched up with 7 randoms and playing an objective when nobody on your team has a mic. rolls eyes

Big Team is garbage nowadays… for three main reasons that I’ve noticed.

-Credit leechers. The credit system was a big goof in comparison to H3’s ranking system. In H3 there was no reason to stand around in a game. You didn’t get anything for it. It hurt your rank. In Reach, all you have to do is get a medal or something and you get credits for the whole game.

-Campers. Yeah, campers. The people that do nothing the whole game except sit by the sniper/rocket/wraith/whatever spawn or the ones that sit by the teleporter exits in Hemorrhage. People like this deserve to have their own BTB playlist so that the rest of us can actually play.

-Heavies. This is camper central. It’s darn near impossible to do anything unless you’ve got a power weapon of some sort. All this does is make the camper problem worse. People like me that don’t generally hog the power weapons can hardly do anything… and maybe that’s my own fault for not rushing power weapons, but then again, maybe Heavies is just a crummy gametype.

> People like me that don’t generally hog the power weapons can hardly do anything… and maybe that’s my own fault for not rushing power weapons, but then again, <mark>maybe Heavies is just a crummy gametype.</mark>

It’s not the gametype that sucks. It’s the maps. They are loaded with way too many power weapons and vehicles. There are more power weapons than there are players on Cragmire and Asphault.

Heavies in Reach is terrible and, that’s coming from someone that - almost only plays BTB

The maps in Heavies are soooo bad its a huge part of the problem along with the scoring system in heavies

Classic BTB game types is all I want to play…

I understand some really enjoy it - but its just not for me

Sadly, i think its also some of the maps. hemorrhage (aka Hemorrhoids) is just horrible. To open for sniper/dmr and vehicles, while allowing a good bit of camping. Though i think it plays best on invasion slayer, fight for points to get better weapons and vehicles. Also it just seems the vote system in picking maps/gametypes suck across all the play lists. Maybe its just my luck, but it seems to poll the certain gametypes and/or maps very often. I see hemorrhage, heavies, sword base, rocket race almost every time in their respective playlists.

> > People like me that don’t generally hog the power weapons can hardly do anything… and maybe that’s my own fault for not rushing power weapons, but then again, <mark>maybe Heavies is just a crummy gametype.</mark>
>
> It’s not the gametype that sucks. It’s the maps. They are loaded with way too many power weapons and vehicles. There are more power weapons than there are players on Cragmire and Asphault.

Aren’t the weapons on the map determined by the map, not the game?
Maybe I’m wrong…

> > > People like me that don’t generally hog the power weapons can hardly do anything… and maybe that’s my own fault for not rushing power weapons, but then again, <mark>maybe Heavies is just a crummy gametype.</mark>
> >
> > It’s not the gametype that sucks. It’s the maps. They are loaded with way too many power weapons and vehicles. There are more power weapons than there are players on Cragmire and Asphault.
>
> Aren’t the weapons on the map determined by the map, not the game?
> Maybe I’m wrong…

I think he was hinting towards the fact that the maps suck for the gametype, Asphalt was designed for normal Big Team Battle and Cragmire is just an awful Spire variant, Spire itself was designed for Invasion, not Big Team Battle.

Heavies is fine, it’s just how often it pops up is the problem, the weighting of it could be reduced. Maybe about as often as covie slayer showed up in H3’s BTB… Man I loved that gametype…

My Whole Problem with BTB is the TU. The Battle Rifle RECKS Vehicles on maps like Spire and Hemorrage

What I don’t understand is why Asphalt is still in matchmaking? I’m sure they must be aware of the wraith suicide glitch that happens quite frequently, yet they leave this broken map in matchmaking. The suicide glitch is so rage inducing that I just quit before the game starts now every time it’s voted for.

Also, there should be at least one Hemorrhage option out of the six you can vote for everytime.

> My Whole Problem with BTB is the TU. The Battle Rifle RECKS Vehicles on maps like Spire and Hemorrage

What else would you expect from a big open field, with no cover…