BTB Heavies - March Playlist Update Discussion

Please use this thread to give us feedback about the March BTB Heavies update. Thanks!

• BTB Heavies added to Big Team Battle.

Heavies is a game type perfect for those who love vehicular action. Not only are there more Warthogs, Scorpions, Banshees, Falcons, Revenants, and Ghosts than you could ever ask for, but there are also a higher-than-average amount of power and anti-vehicle weapons, just waiting to cause mass destruction.

We have also taken some steps to give foot soldiers a better experience; slight changes to geometry provide more cover, speed has been upped to 110% (which is not a huge difference but it’s enough to make you slightly more resistant to the impending chaos going on around you), and many standard Infantry kills are rewarded with a bonus point.

This game type has a score limit of 200 with bonus points awarded for headshots, beat downs, assassinations, splatters, and sticks.

Additional information can be found in the 3.01.12 edition of the Halo Bulletin.

110% movement should be a global change. No idea why it isn’t.

Awesome, loooking forward to how the bonus points are gonna play out :slight_smile:

What heavy maps have been added?

More vehicles + double the kill threshold = many more players being repeatedly spawn-killed by 8-man teams.

> More vehicles + double the kill threshold = many more players being repeatedly spawn-killed by 8-man teams.

More anti vehicle weapons added= balanced out for amount of vehicles
More cover added
And it’s people choice to play it so if they get spawned kill 20 times, that’s their choice.

Big Team Battle heavies was so great in Halo3

I kind of agree with the post above that states how easy it is to get spawned killed by teams of 8, but I feel as though the extra lazers, rockets and vehicles are going to make it easier to fight them off.

The only reason teams of 8 can spawn trap so easily is because scared little rabbits quit out when they see teams of 8 right in the beginning.

I am very much looking fwd to btb heavies and their map variants.

Is there any more details we could have regarding what maps will be used and such?

Thanks 343i

<3 Heavies. I personally loved teh game type in H3, and I overly excited that it is back. So will all the stat padders.

> > More vehicles + double the kill threshold = many more players being repeatedly spawn-killed by 8-man teams.
>
> More anti vehicle weapons added= balanced out for amount of vehicles
> More cover added
> And it’s people choice to play it so if they get spawned kill 20 times, that’s their choice.

We will see. Have fun looking at your respawn screen when you get trampled by a full party of eight.

> > More vehicles + double the kill threshold = many more players being repeatedly spawn-killed by 8-man teams.
>
> More anti vehicle weapons added= balanced out for amount of vehicles
> More cover added
> And it’s people choice to play it so if they get spawned kill 20 times, that’s their choice.

You think those full teams would let you have weapon control

You are kidding yourself.

> 110% movement should be a global change. No idea why it isn’t.

Exactly this. I’m disappointed that it’s only being implemented into a specific gametype when the game would benefit globally from it.

> > > More vehicles + double the kill threshold = many more players being repeatedly spawn-killed by 8-man teams.
> >
> > More anti vehicle weapons added= balanced out for amount of vehicles
> > More cover added
> > And it’s people choice to play it so if they get spawned kill 20 times, that’s their choice.
>
> You think those full teams would let you have weapon control
>
> You are kidding yourself.

I’ll go in with my own team. Besides i can hold my own

> > > > More vehicles + double the kill threshold = many more players being repeatedly spawn-killed by 8-man teams.
> > >
> > > More anti vehicle weapons added= balanced out for amount of vehicles
> > > More cover added
> > > And it’s people choice to play it so if they get spawned kill 20 times, that’s their choice.
> >
> > You think those full teams would let you have weapon control
> >
> > You are kidding yourself.
>
> I’ll go in with my own team. Besides i can hold my own

Take more than a team of average joes to stop a real btb team.

Good luck.

Cosssta is laughing right now.

Can you make Explosion kills (killing a vehicle’s occupant with damage caused by blowing up the vehicle) worth 2 kills each?

> > > > > More vehicles + double the kill threshold = many more players being repeatedly spawn-killed by 8-man teams.
> > > >
> > > > More anti vehicle weapons added= balanced out for amount of vehicles
> > > > More cover added
> > > > And it’s people choice to play it so if they get spawned kill 20 times, that’s their choice.
> > >
> > > You think those full teams would let you have weapon control
> > >
> > > You are kidding yourself.
> >
> > I’ll go in with my own team. Besides i can hold my own
>
> Take more than a team of average joes to stop a real btb team.
>
> Good luck.

So it will be a challenge, it’s a game not a way of life, sheesh.

> Can you make Explosion kills (killing a vehicle’s occupant with damage caused by blowing up the vehicle) worth 2 kills each?

Possibly, if it counts as an explosion kill then probably

> > > > > > More vehicles + double the kill threshold = many more players being repeatedly spawn-killed by 8-man teams.
> > > > >
> > > > > More anti vehicle weapons added= balanced out for amount of vehicles
> > > > > More cover added
> > > > > And it’s people choice to play it so if they get spawned kill 20 times, that’s their choice.
> > > >
> > > > You think those full teams would let you have weapon control
> > > >
> > > > You are kidding yourself.
> > >
> > > I’ll go in with my own team. Besides i can hold my own
> >
> > Take more than a team of average joes to stop a real btb team.
> >
> > Good luck.
>
> So it will be a challenge, it’s a game not a way of life, sheesh.

Exactly it’s a game. You play games for fun, right?

Last time I checked (it doesn’t happen to me often :D), dropping a huge neg-bomb isn’t fun.

> What heavy maps have been added?

I second, I wonder what will be the maps selected for the heavies playlist?

Please make sure for the first month of Heavies’s existence, a Heavies variant is always at the top of the list in every vote in order to make sure it actually gets played often.