BTB - Flying Vehicles

I wish flying vehicles were more prevalent like they used to be when they spawned at the beginning of matches. Right now they only spawn at the end which limits the amount of access quite a bit. And when they do spawn it’s super predictable where and when they will be so it’s often a chaotic brawl to get in one with emp’s and grenades damaging the vehicle or making it easy to highjack.

That being said this game is amazing and looks amazing. Just driving around in a hog or mongoose and enjoying the scenery- the headlights are really realistic which I’m sure will look incredible at night on zeta halo with flood lurking about haha. Big vehicle guy - just want more of it! Especially flying vehicles. Thanks.

I didn’t get a flight invite, but I agree with you. I play BTB almost exclusively, especially to fly the banshee, so I’ve been watching clips and I have to say my apprehensions have been realized. The vehicles seem underpowered, so you would think they would at least be available from the beginning of the match on a timer.

Back in Halo 2 and 3 you could shrug off just about anything in a banshee because your personal shields extended to the vehicle.

In Reach, 4 sniper shots destroys a banshee no matter what.

Now in Infinite, I’ve just seen a clip where a banshee takes some small arms fire, loses a wing section, and then a sniper shot connects and turns it to rubble. And the banshee pilot player’s shield bar was full - shields don’t seem to play a part in vehicle durability at all, and that’s very disappointing for me.

Also in Strongholds- it seems extremely rare that a flying vehicle or any major vehicle spawns.

maybe a BTB Heavies mode is needed again

Being able to grapple hook a flying vehicle is pretty fun :slight_smile:

I am sure 343i will change up the vehicle spawns. I am sure they are just doing this to test the waters but I do like how the vehicles are dropped through out the game instead of having him all at the beginning.

> 2533274797157998;2:
> I didn’t get a flight invite, but I agree with you. I play BTB almost exclusively, especially to fly the banshee, so I’ve been watching clips and I have to say my apprehensions have been realized. The vehicles seem underpowered, so you would think they would at least be available from the beginning of the match on a timer.
>
> Back in Halo 2 and 3 you could shrug off just about anything in a banshee because your personal shields extended to the vehicle.
>
> In Reach, 4 sniper shots destroys a banshee no matter what.
>
> Now in Infinite, I’ve just seen a clip where a banshee takes some small arms fire, loses a wing section, and then a sniper shot connects and turns it to rubble. And the banshee pilot player’s shield bar was full - shields don’t seem to play a part in vehicle durability at all, and that’s very disappointing for me.

Dood, you don’t need a flight invite to play this weekend. Get in and play some btb!