BS betrayal system

I was playing BTB Objective, as usual, I get a sniper rifle, and a dude betrays me to get it, and t-bags me while holding sniper.
I go and betray him to get him back, and bam, booted.

It just annoys me that the Betrayal booting is so flawed.

I am wondering, do you guys experience this?

Last time someone betrayed me for the sniper, I got lucky and got the option to boot him.

I don’t understand why they have to have the sniper rifle, when they probably suck with it.

Although I do experience less betrayals in H4 than Reach.

That has happen to me a few times. The best thing to do is to keep taking down their shields and letting the other team kill him. 80% of the time the player will rage and kill you again thus letting you have the ability to boot. Booting usually works best if you haven’t taken any enemy fire and your teammate has inflicted all the damage to you.

Simply put, don’t attack them back.

It sucks, but you’re not going to benefit from it and more often than not will simply start a fight or get yourself booted.

If they want to be like that, let them. There’s nothing you can do.

That said, the betrayal/boot system is terrible, and unfortunately has always been like that… Maybe some day they’ll fix it.

There’s already a thread for this:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst220641_343-NEEDS-To-Fix-the-Betrayal-System.aspx

> I was playing BTB Objective, as usual, I get a sniper rifle, and a dude betrays me to get it, and t-bags me while holding sniper.
> I go and betray him to get him back, and bam, booted.
>
> It just annoys me that the Betrayal booting is so flawed.
>
> I am wondering, do you guys experience this?

Yep, sniper, laser, banshee, lol even the ghost. The only real solution i see is just remove friendly fire.

First, only the host can betrayal boot.

Second, if someone betrays you, please don’t betray him/her back. Nobody has sympathy for acts like that.

Please disable Friendly Fire. What did they gain from it? I have been betrayed so many times, but I have never been booted.

I was playing campaign on Legendary, and I accidentally shot a teammate with an incineration cannon. He booted me. There is no rejoining in campaign.

You need to grief smarter. Don’t actually kill him.

Someone said it’s a complex formula where you get a chance boot depends on how much you boot, forgive and how much you have been booted. Who knows for sure though.