BS Angel will we be able to get 100% content?

This is what you said (BS Angel) in a response to a question asked by a member of the community

> With the console bundle, you announced that it would come with exclusive in-game content. Is this in-game content the same as the Limited Edition bundle content?
>
> The content is different and unique to each SKU. While we know there are completionists that would like to have it all, it’s not unreasonable to think that we may eventually make all of the content available one day. I would also like to point out, since this is a thing that generates lots of conversation, that the unique or exclusive items are custom created and curated for that purpose or promotion or partner, rather than simply redistributed from stuff created for the shipping game. It’s a subtle distinction I suppose, but in our case a real one.

. . the above is from https://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/07/19/The-Halo-Bulletin-71812.aspx

Now that makes me think all of the pre-order bonuses that are being offered at retailers around the world, will at some point in the future be on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
(I really hope the pre-order bonuses will be on the Xbox Live Marketplace, I like being able to have all of the content for the games I buy).

I have two Halo 4 Limited Edition’s and two Halo 4 Xbox 360S Bundles reserved at GameStop, one of each is for me to have, and the other two are for a collection of games I am starting to build.

(I’m not rich, I’m actually kind of poor =( I have been saving up for months to have the $1100.00 to buy my Halo 4 stuff, I’ve been a fan of Halo since the beginning of Halo).

Will I and everyone else be able to have all of the Halo 4 pre-order content at some point in the future ?

ps I know you might not be able to answer this question because of NDA’s and partnership deals with retailers, so if you can’t answer this question in this thread could you pm me the answer ?

If you do pm me the answer, I know not to re-post or distribute such a message, I know how sensitive such information is.

Honestly, no we shouldn’t be able to get it later on XBL because then it removes the reward of pre-ordering it.

it seems more and more games are offering pre order exclusives as dlc now. I don’t think somethign should be exclusive because of where you purchased it from, but I would like to see some content reserved for people who paid for the product months before it was released.

It’s stated right in the Bulletin.

> It’s not unreasonable to think that we may eventually make all of the content available one day

But yeah, for the sake of completion, I would like to see all of the content become available one day.

She’s on vacation.
I would say pre-order armour, make it later DLC and stuff because it’s just so much from so many different places.

Xbox bonuses? Exclusive with some code giveaways perhaps and the chance here and there that it’s offered as a reward.

> ps I know you might not be able to answer this question because of NDA’s and partnership deals with retailers, so if you can’t answer this question in this thread could you pm me the answer ?
>
> If you do pm me the answer, I know not to re-post or distribute such a message, I know how sensitive such information is.

If there’s NDA’s involved, you’re not going to get a PM. You’re a virtual unknown to bs angel and 343 just like the rest of us. She’s hardly going to jeopardize her job to satisfy your curiosity.

> It’s stated right in the Bulletin.
>
> > It’s not unreasonable to think that we may eventually make all of the content available one day
>
> But yeah, for the sake of completion, I would like to see all of the content become available one day.

By all, I hope you are excluding LE console and copy content. You can have the pre order skins, but not the exclusive stuff I bought within the Limited Edition.

Unless those people are paying for everything, then I guess it’s fine.

> I have two Halo 4 Limited Edition’s and two Halo 4 Xbox 360S Bundles reserved at GameStop, one of each is for me to have, and the other two are for a collection of games I am starting to build.
>
> (I’m not rich, I’m actually kind of poor =( I have been saving up for months to have the $1100.00 to buy my Halo 4 stuff, I’ve been a fan of Halo since the beginning of Halo).

I would like for the bonuses to be available to all, post launch, but 4 copies? You’re kidding me, right? And all from the same place? You could easily get four different bonuses, you know?

> She’s on vacation.
> I would say pre-order armour, make it later DLC and stuff because it’s just so much from so many different places.
>
> Xbox bonuses? Exclusive with some code giveaways perhaps and the chance here and there that it’s offered as a reward.

It’s really messed up that there are pre-order bonuses . . Armored Core 5 and Final Fantasy 13-2 are two of many games that had/have really wrong pre-order bonus advertising and distribution.

To get all of the content for Armored Core 5 and Final Fantasy 13-2 I had to buy two copies of each game from two different retailers.

I later found out after beating Armored Core 5 that I didn’t need to buy two copies of it, FF13-2 I had to buy two copies of it or I wouldn’t have been able to have Omega Weapon or the Genji Bow/Sword.

And now with Halo 4 there are at least 7 retailers that all have exclusive pre-order bonuses, 2 of them are outside the US =(

Everyone should be able to have all of the Halo 4 content . .

Will the pre-order bonuses be available on the Xbox Live Marketplace sometime in the future, or will everyone be able to unlock the pre-order content as they progress through Halo 4 ?

I hope that they keep the limited edition and the LE console exclusive (as in you have to buy it while supplies last), as for the rest “pre-order” bonus stuff let them sell it.

> > I have two Halo 4 Limited Edition’s and two Halo 4 Xbox 360S Bundles reserved at GameStop, one of each is for me to have, and the other two are for a collection of games I am starting to build.
> >
> > (I’m not rich, I’m actually kind of poor =( I have been saving up for months to have the $1100.00 to buy my Halo 4 stuff, I’ve been a fan of Halo since the beginning of Halo).
>
> I would like for the bonuses to be available to all, post launch, but 4 copies? You’re kidding me, right? And all from the same place? You could easily get four different bonuses, you know?

I want to have a sealed Halo 4 LE and a sealed Halo 4 Xbox 360S Bundle, so I can sell them on eBay at some point.

And 2 of the pre-order bonuses are outside the US, I don’t think I can redeem the codes for them =(

> Honestly, no we shouldn’t be able to get it later on XBL because then it removes the reward of pre-ordering it.

No it doesn’t. If we pre-order we get it for free and get it early, but if we download it, we will most likely have to pay for it.

> > Honestly, no we shouldn’t be able to get it later on XBL because then it removes the reward of pre-ordering it.
>
> No it doesn’t. If you pre-order we get it for free and get it early, but if we download it, we will most likely have to pay for it.

Exactly . . People who are able to pre-order get it well before people would be able to download the pre-order bonuses.

> > > I have two Halo 4 Limited Edition’s and two Halo 4 Xbox 360S Bundles reserved at GameStop, one of each is for me to have, and the other two are for a collection of games I am starting to build.
> > >
> > > (I’m not rich, I’m actually kind of poor =( I have been saving up for months to have the $1100.00 to buy my Halo 4 stuff, I’ve been a fan of Halo since the beginning of Halo).
> >
> > I would like for the bonuses to be available to all, post launch, but 4 copies? You’re kidding me, right? And all from the same place? You could easily get four different bonuses, you know?
>
> I want to have a sealed Halo 4 LE and a sealed Halo 4 Xbox 360S Bundle, so I can sell them on eBay at some point.
>
> And 2 of the pre-order bonuses are outside the US, I don’t think I can redeem the codes for them =(

You do know that you can find the special editions for $60 a few months after release, and the Consoles a lot cheaper too, right? So you should just save your money, and just buy one copy of it.

no one should ever be able to buy the skins/content that came with the LE game and Xbox. no one should be able to spend $3 for something someone spent $100/$400 for that some content.

for the preorder content from certain stores though, I will be completely fine if people can spend money later for them. that’s okay.

> no one should ever be able to buy the skins/content that came with the LE game and Xbox. no one should be able to spend $3 for something someone spent $100/$400 for that some content.
>
> for the preorder content from certain stores though, I will be completely fine if people can spend money later for them. that’s okay.

Agreed, but one would argue that the LE skins are just the $3 in the LE. So in a way, you would be paying for the dlc maps, which is the majority of the LE, and not so much the skins right?

The only thing I’m worried about is why the Console Edition buyers get an exclusive armour set, while anybody else is stuck with armour skins? What ever happened to “everybody will have access to the armour”?

> no one should ever be able to buy the skins/content that came with the LE game and Xbox. no one should be able to spend $3 for something someone spent $100/$400 for that some content.
>
> for the preorder content from certain stores though, I will be completely fine if people can spend money later for them. that’s okay.

I was talking about the pre-order bonuses . . They should be made available in the future.

The stuff that comes in the LE and Xbox Bundle aren’t pre-order bonuses, they are packaged with the game and bundle. That stuff should stay exclusive, because they are packaged in the game and bundle, you can’t get the inserts for them with out buying the LE and bundle.

The pre-order bonuses aren’t packaged in with the game or bundle, they are sent in a email or printed on a receipt.

> The only thing I’m worried about is why the Console Edition buyers get an exclusive armour set, while anybody else is stuck with armour skins? What ever happened to “everybody will have access to the armour”?

I think it was confirmed a long time ago that Armor will not be made exclusive content. It’s most likely just skins…

I think that 100% of all Halo 4 content should eventually be made available for purchase.