Brutes Question...

Whatever happened to these gorilla-like creatures? Did I miss something in Halo 3? I know they were working with the prophet. Any idea what happened to them?

Their in a horror movie where the Elites hunt them in their nightmares

Lol jk well since the end of halo 3(srry for my ignorance) i believe since the covenant disbanded into differ factions the the brutes have gone thier seperate way and are being hunted i think

Correct me if wrong srry

They’re off doing their own thing. I think. It’s kind of iffy there is no direct confirmation of what the Jiralhanea are up to in the canon.

We know some are slaves to the Sangheili. Don’t know if they’re slaves, servants, or there of their own accord. But as for the entirety of the race? I have no clue.

I’m interested as to why they aren’t looking for whatever the Storm Covy is looking for.

Some brutes stuck around, some brutes ran off.

Either way, they are no longer really a huge player in the Galactic scheme of things.

The brutes got sick of the Covenant as they had always had to put up the Engineers (in Halo 3 ODST that is).

> Some brutes stuck around, some brutes ran off.
>
> Either way, they are no longer really a huge player in the Galactic scheme of things.

Unless the humans could form an alliance with them. It seems that if the Brutes are “paid” or whatever they’ll do any job…Would be interesting.

> A Sangheili Shipmaster visiting Kholo noted that at least some Jiralhanae factions had formed separate from the Covenant, waging an internecine war against each other and when the remaining San 'Shyuum retreated into hiding, they returned to their primitive savage nature, allowing the Sangheili to gain the upper hand in battle.[8] There were also small groups of Jiralhanae that were used as hired help on Sanghelios.

It’s under their History, labeled as “Post Covenant”. Cites Evolutions as source.

Some Brutes also served under the Elites on Sanghelios as laborers. They tended to be peaceful until they apparently started to rebel.

We’ll see what happens with those Brutes when The Thursday War comes out tomorrow.

After the war, they took many paths. Some fled like the Prophets, some continued fighting the Elites, civil war broke out so some of the though each other, and lastly some of them even allied with the Elites.