Brutes Berserking was so insane.

Just replayed a couple missions from Halo 2 with my friend. I always knew the Brutes’ Berserking was crazy, but I was playing on legendary, too, and it was just so ridiculously awesome. I forget sometimes how fast they can get. Any classic memories of Brutes berserking towards you?

Berserking enemies were once known for their frightening speed (CE Hunters, CE Goldies, H2 Brutes)… until H3. Reach restored their renown but now the Elites berserk too much.

I’m reminded of legendary. A team of Brutes attack me.

Carbine them to the face. Easy-peasy.

One left, it starts beserking.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU RUN BACK AND SHOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And repeat.

> I’m reminded of legendary. A team of Brutes attack me.
>
> Carbine them to the face. Easy-peasy.
>
> One left, it starts beserking.
>
> FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU RUN BACK AND SHOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>
> And repeat.

Lol couldn’t have said it better myself.

> > I’m reminded of legendary. A team of Brutes attack me.
> >
> > Carbine them to the face. Easy-peasy.
> >
> > One left, it starts beserking.
> >
> > FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU RUN BACK AND SHOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
> >
> > And repeat.
>
> Lol couldn’t have said it better myself.

LOL then after that ALOT of TBAGING

Last Brutes thought, You Killed My Lover NOOOOOOOOO

Brute berserkers were difficult to fight cqc, especially to assassinate, because of how the lunge did not allow the player to always connect with the Brute.

But fighting them with guns was easy enough. Just get to higher ground and use carbine rounds.

They always reminded me of a bull in Espana and I am waving a red sheet saying oley! as they miss me.

> They always reminded me of a bull in Espana and I am waving a red sheet saying oley! as they miss me.

Haha, nice analogy!

I’d always flip out and get super tense when a berserking Brute came at me on Legendary, I’d run and try to assassinate the big apes in the back! Or shoot them with a nice shot to the head…if I wasn’t too tense.

> I’d always flip out and get super tense when a berserking Brute came at me on Legendary, I’d run and try to assassinate the big apes in the back! Or shoot them with a nice shot to the head…if I wasn’t too tense.

I’d spam the crap out of the Carbine…