brutes and flood

Hello 343 and Halo fans.

I’d love to see Brutes and Flood back in Halo with Halo 5.

with all flood forms from Halo 3, and Brutes weapons from Halo 3 too (brute shot, spiker, mauler, prowler and chopper)

and the most important things that I want back along with Brutes and Flood are spike granades, fire granades and flame thrower (Halo 3 version!!!)

PLEEASE 343!!! PLEEEEEEASE! :smiley:

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

BUMP

I never understood why people loved brutes so much (on higher difficulties, they are just rage endured bullet sponges). They were not very dynamic in Halo 2, but did standout from the elites (anyone else tk their covies squad in confusion as the arbiter?), and I have noticed replaying 3 that they are not quite as much fun (but the weapon sandbox has an effect on that too).

I also didn’t really see the appeal of brute weapons - very primal in design, but not very well balanced (either OP or underpowered, and limited in range). Maybe it is just from playing everything side by side in the mcc, but I don’t really miss them…

The flood for me is 50/50. The lore references them, but I hated playing against them after CE. The forced kills/pure forms just made them into cheap killing bullet sponges (headshot on them barely existed). If they bring them back, they could hopefully tune them to be fun to kill without being a giant wave of ammo sucking sponges as well.

Elites, jackals, grunts, and Prometheans (if they gain some variety) seem like a good valance of enemy types.

But to each their own, OP. They seemed so much more fun in cutscenes and books than in gameplay.

Enemy factions are not things you can just beg 343 for in high hopes that they will include them in Halo 5’s campaign.

They have to be confirmed to be a part of Halo 5’s plot first.

> 2535458386964330;3:
> I never understood why people loved brutes so much (on higher difficulties, they are just rage endured bullet sponges). They were not very dynamic in Halo 2, but did standout from the elites (anyone else tk their covies squad in confusion as the arbiter?), and I have noticed replaying 3 that they are not quite as much fun (but the weapon sandbox has an effect on that too).
> I also didn’t really see the appeal of brute weapons - very primal in design, but not very well balanced (either OP or underpowered, and limited in range). Maybe it is just from playing everything side by side in the mcc, but I don’t really miss them…
> The flood for me is 50/50. The lore references them, but I hated playing against them after CE. The forced kills/pure forms just made them into cheap killing bullet sponges (headshot on them barely existed). If they bring them back, they could hopefully tune them to be fun to kill without being a giant wave of ammo sucking sponges as well.
> Elites, jackals, grunts, and Prometheans (if they gain some variety) seem like a good valance of enemy types.
> But to each their own, OP. They seemed so much more fun in cutscenes and books than in gameplay.

1. A few headshots with the carbine. No biggie. Even on Legendary. Their behaviour and their style of movement was just so different from the Elites that it made them worth fighting against.
  2. That did not happen for me–the cutscenes pretty much clued me in as to what was happening.
  3. What is this “balance” that you refer to? Weapons aren’t balanced in Halo, they are effective in certain situations–the BR/DMR/CE Pistol being the most versatile, whilst Sniper, Close-Quarters and Automatic weaponry have their own niches. Brute weaponry fit in to the automatic and close-quarters niches.
  4. Tank form–melee with Bruteshot or headshot with BR. Stalker form–melee. Ranged form–melee or plasma rifle.
  5. I think you’ll find that variety in gameplay is most obvious when the player is forced to use something other than the noob combo to kill enemies.

eye shur hohp brutes mayk a combak cuz i mised bein in halo affer halo 4. buttz at lest dey poot mah hammer n doe lol.

#BrutiusReturns

> 2533274880692195;5:
> > 2535458386964330;3:
> > I never understood why people loved brutes so much (on higher difficulties, they are just rage endured bullet sponges). They were not very dynamic in Halo 2, but did standout from the elites (anyone else tk their covies squad in confusion as the arbiter?), and I have noticed replaying 3 that they are not quite as much fun (but the weapon sandbox has an effect on that too).
> > I also didn’t really see the appeal of brute weapons - very primal in design, but not very well balanced (either OP or underpowered, and limited in range). Maybe it is just from playing everything side by side in the mcc, but I don’t really miss them…
> > The flood for me is 50/50. The lore references them, but I hated playing against them after CE. The forced kills/pure forms just made them into cheap killing bullet sponges (headshot on them barely existed). If they bring them back, they could hopefully tune them to be fun to kill without being a giant wave of ammo sucking sponges as well.
> > Elites, jackals, grunts, and Prometheans (if they gain some variety) seem like a good valance of enemy types.
> > But to each their own, OP. They seemed so much more fun in cutscenes and books than in gameplay.
>
>
>
> 1. A few headshots with the carbine. No biggie. Even on Legendary. Their behaviour and their style of movement was just so different from the Elites that it made them worth fighting against.
> 2. That did not happen for me–the cutscenes pretty much clued me in as to what was happening.
> 3. What is this “balance” that you refer to? Weapons aren’t balanced in Halo, they are effective in certain situations–the BR/DMR/CE Pistol being the most versatile, whilst Sniper, Close-Quarters and Automatic weaponry have their own niches. Brute weaponry fit in to the automatic and close-quarters niches.
> 4. Tank form–melee with Bruteshot or headshot with BR. Stalker form–melee. Ranged form–melee or plasma rifle.
> 5. I think you’ll find that variety in gameplay is most obvious when the player is forced to use something other than the noob combo to kill enemies.

This is just my experiencephalitis replaying the game. However, I will support my statements:

1. That basically involves weapon balance, but resorts to making only few weapons usable (especially on legendary). Hence my bullet sponge comment. Being rushed was in itself a rush, but once you learn the process of taking them down, they just got annoying. My opinion.

2. This only happened when I replayed this recently in split screen. Mostly due to similar colors used on similar models. The anniversary cutscenes really showed how different the models should have been.

3. Again, one item mention for getting headshots. All others were melee attacks. So to beat the flood, it’s Rockets, shotty, melee. That made them less fun at higher difficulties om principle alone (I never cared for games that had specific guns for specific enemy types, but Halo wasn’t nearly as much this way before 3 (2 had its moments)). You have 2 weapons, not a clickwheel, afterall. It should promote wanting players to use more weapons all around, not force a handful on the player.

4. I agree with your statement. I hate that the noob combo is even useful (I just plain hate the pp, ever since h ce starts on blood gulch). I get weapons have their uses and ramges, but weapons in a game should be fun to play with. Halo 3 (to me) felt like it had the most underutilized sandbox in all of the Halo games, and the bloat from the brutes was less fun than even the Prometheans (again, in my opinion). Just a bunch of gray short range dual wielding guns, and a handful of other things (I’d take the grenades over the emp ones, though!).

As long as they acted like they did in Halo 2 I wouldn’t mind them. They were raging bullet sponges, but their behavior/movement set them apart from the other covies. I found the H3 and HR ones to be sorta boring.

> This is just my experiencephalitis replaying the game. However, I will support my statements:
> 1. That basically involves weapon balance, but resorts to making only few weapons usable (especially on legendary). Hence my bullet sponge comment. Being rushed was in itself a rush, but once you learn the process of taking them down, they just got annoying. My opinion.
> 2. This only happened when I replayed this recently in split screen. Mostly due to similar colors used on similar models. The anniversary cutscenes really showed how different the models should have been.
> 3. Again, one item mention for getting headshots. All others were melee attacks. So to beat the flood, it’s Rockets, shotty, melee. That made them less fun at higher difficulties om principle alone (I never cared for games that had specific guns for specific enemy types, but Halo wasn’t nearly as much this way before 3 (2 had its moments)). You have 2 weapons, not a clickwheel, afterall. It should promote wanting players to use more weapons all around, not force a handful on the player.
> 4. I agree with your statement. I hate that the noob combo is even useful (I just plain hate the pp, ever since h ce starts on blood gulch). I get weapons have their uses and ramges, but weapons in a game should be fun to play with. Halo 3 (to me) felt like it had the most underutilized sandbox in all of the Halo games, and the bloat from the brutes was less fun than even the Prometheans (again, in my opinion). Just a bunch of gray short range dual wielding guns, and a handful of other things (I’d take the grenades over the employee ones, though!).

1. Yep, Halo 2 Legendary was a pain in the…you can finish off that thought. Actually, in regards to Brutes, I found the Carbine, the Battle Rifle, the Energy Sword, the Beam Rifle, the Needler, the Fuel Rod, the Rocket Launcher, the Plasma Grenade and the Energy Sword/Active Camo combination all very useful on Legendary. In Halo 3 and ODST it was back to the same old same old Noob Combo.

2. I never really had a problem with that even in co-op. The biggest problem I find with the original Halo 2 graphics was that enemies tended to blend in with their environment a lot more than any other Halo game. H2A fixed that–but made the problem worse for the Active Camo enemies.

3. Shielded flood were noob combo enemies. Pure forms were basically melee enemies, with the odd Ranged form requiring Plasma Rifles. Carrier forms I grenaded. Infection forms I used the Assault Rifle [about the only use it had]. Combat forms I just would use headshots. In Halo CE it was always the Pistol/Shotgun–and funnily enough, canonically and in Halo CE, sniper weapons do not work on the Flood–the shot just goes right through them. You need explosive rounds [Halo CE pistol] or otherwise a lot of bullets. I don’t think the Carbine or the DMR should work against the Flood–the Battle Rifle might be able to due to its three-round burst.

4. Oh, I’m fine with the fact that the Plasma Pistol is useful for some enemies. I just think that giving it an EMP effect for vehicles is just making it so useful in practically every situation that it’s a bad idea not to have one always equipped. Have separate weapons for EMP.

5. I think Brute weaponry was primal and vicious in both design and function, like you said previously. We had the Spiker [SMG], the Mauler [Shotgun Pistol], the Bruteshot [grenade launcher and melee weapon], the Brute plasma rifle, and the Gravity Hammer.

> 2535458386964330;3:
> I never understood why people loved brutes so much (on higher difficulties, they are just rage endured bullet sponges). They were not very dynamic in Halo 2, but did standout from the elites (anyone else tk their covies squad in confusion as the arbiter?), and I have noticed replaying 3 that they are not quite as much fun (but the weapon sandbox has an effect on that too).
>
> I also didn’t really see the appeal of brute weapons - very primal in design, but not very well balanced (either OP or underpowered, and limited in range). Maybe it is just from playing everything side by side in the mcc, but I don’t really miss them…
>
> The flood for me is 50/50. The lore references them, but I hated playing against them after CE. The forced kills/pure forms just made them into cheap killing bullet sponges (headshot on them barely existed). If they bring them back, they could hopefully tune them to be fun to kill without being a giant wave of ammo sucking sponges as well.
>
> Elites, jackals, grunts, and Prometheans (if they gain some variety) seem like a good valance of enemy types.
>
> But to each their own, OP. They seemed so much more fun in cutscenes and books than in gameplay.

wtf???

brutes are fun to play against because they are different from elites but they are almost good as them.

brutes weapons are powerful (see the brute shot, chopper - also the spiker!) and they are “brute weapons” and I miss them so much, they added aesthetic variety.

floods in Halo CE/2 are too easy to kill, really… I almost finished the library on legendary on Halo Ce without dying, and I was playing veery relaxed u.u

I want Halo 3’s flood back!!!

all the other covenants have variety yet -.-

aand I’d like to see how could you make a fps game where everything is compliant with books. making a game is a hard work!

> 2533274880692195;9:
> > This is just my experiencephalitis replaying the game. However, I will support my statements:
> > 1. That basically involves weapon balance, but resorts to making only few weapons usable (especially on legendary). Hence my bullet sponge comment. Being rushed was in itself a rush, but once you learn the process of taking them down, they just got annoying. My opinion.
> > 2. This only happened when I replayed this recently in split screen. Mostly due to similar colors used on similar models. The anniversary cutscenes really showed how different the models should have been.
> > 3. Again, one item mention for getting headshots. All others were melee attacks. So to beat the flood, it’s Rockets, shotty, melee. That made them less fun at higher difficulties om principle alone (I never cared for games that had specific guns for specific enemy types, but Halo wasn’t nearly as much this way before 3 (2 had its moments)). You have 2 weapons, not a clickwheel, afterall. It should promote wanting players to use more weapons all around, not force a handful on the player.
> > 4. I agree with your statement. I hate that the noob combo is even useful (I just plain hate the pp, ever since h ce starts on blood gulch). I get weapons have their uses and ramges, but weapons in a game should be fun to play with. Halo 3 (to me) felt like it had the most underutilized sandbox in all of the Halo games, and the bloat from the brutes was less fun than even the Prometheans (again, in my opinion). Just a bunch of gray short range dual wielding guns, and a handful of other things (I’d take the grenades over the employee ones, though!).
>
>
>
> 1. Yep, Halo 2 Legendary was a pain in the…you can finish off that thought. Actually, in regards to Brutes, I found the Carbine, the Battle Rifle, the Energy Sword, the Beam Rifle, the Needler, the Fuel Rod, the Rocket Launcher, the Plasma Grenade and the Energy Sword/Active Camo combination all very useful on Legendary. In Halo 3 and ODST it was back to the same old same old Noob Combo.
>
> 2. I never really had a problem with that even in co-op. The biggest problem I find with the original Halo 2 graphics was that enemies tended to blend in with their environment a lot more than any other Halo game. H2A fixed that–but made the problem worse for the Active Camo enemies.
>
> 3. Shielded flood were noob combo enemies. Pure forms were basically melee enemies, with the odd Ranged form requiring Plasma Rifles. Carrier forms I grenaded. Infection forms I used the Assault Rifle [about the only use it had]. Combat forms I just would use headshots. In Halo CE it was always the Pistol/Shotgun–and funnily enough, canonically and in Halo CE, sniper weapons do not work on the Flood–the shot just goes right through them. You need explosive rounds [Halo CE pistol] or otherwise a lot of bullets. I don’t think the Carbine or the DMR should work against the Flood–the Battle Rifle might be able to due to its three-round burst.
>
> 4. Oh, I’m fine with the fact that the Plasma Pistol is useful for some enemies. I just think that giving it an EMP effect for vehicles is just making it so useful in practically every situation that it’s a bad idea not to have one always equipped. Have separate weapons for EMP.
>
> 5. I think Brute weaponry was primal and vicious in both design and function, like you said previously. We had the Spiker [SMG], the Mauler [Shotgun Pistol], the Bruteshot [grenade launcher and melee weapon], the Brute plasma rifle, and the Gravity Hammer.

plasma pistol if perfect as it is in Halo 3/odst/reach/4.

> 2533274892367695;10:
> > 2535458386964330;3:
> > I never understood why people loved brutes so much (on higher difficulties, they are just rage endured bullet sponges). They were not very dynamic in Halo 2, but did standout from the elites (anyone else tk their covies squad in confusion as the arbiter?), and I have noticed replaying 3 that they are not quite as much fun (but the weapon sandbox has an effect on that too).
> >
> > I also didn’t really see the appeal of brute weapons - very primal in design, but not very well balanced (either OP or underpowered, and limited in range). Maybe it is just from playing everything side by side in the mcc, but I don’t really miss them…
> >
> > The flood for me is 50/50. The lore references them, but I hated playing against them after CE. The forced kills/pure forms just made them into cheap killing bullet sponges (headshot on them barely existed). If they bring them back, they could hopefully tune them to be fun to kill without being a giant wave of ammo sucking sponges as well.
> >
> > Elites, jackals, grunts, and Prometheans (if they gain some variety) seem like a good valance of enemy types.
> >
> > But to each their own, OP. They seemed so much more fun in cutscenes and books than in gameplay.
>
>
> wtf???
>
> brutes are fun to play against because they are different from elites but they are almost good as them.
>
> brutes weapons are powerful (see the brute shot, chopper - also the spiker!) and they are “brute weapons” and I miss them so much, they added aesthetic variety.
>
> floods in Halo CE/2 are too easy to kill, really… I almost finished the library on legendary on Halo Ce without dying, and I was playing veery relaxed u.u
>
> I want Halo 3’s flood back!!!
>
> all the other covenants have variety yet -.-
>
> aand I’d like to see how could you make a fps game where everything is compliant with books. making a game is a hard work!

I make no attempt to say I can make a better game (I have a BS in Software Engineering, and am a certified .Net Software Developer, but that is no qualification for games). Nor do I wish for everything to be like the books (the games would be insanely harder, and covie/brute weapons would destroy all the human ones).

I do not mean to offend anyone that enjoys the brutes/flood. I was passing my opinions on the games that featured them (liked 2 more than 3). I also established the color palette (mostly gray), weapon use (dual wieldable weapons were nerfed due to the mechanic itself, thus MOST brute weapons were nerfed), and variety of gameplay (most flood forms (aside from the plasma one mentioned above) required human weapons to be effective against, leading to explosives/shotty/pistols).

I fell in love with Halo for the colorful environments and weapons, fun enemies (play/sound/looks). The flood offered a unique shift in CE, yet felt tiresome in 2/3 (all opinion here). The brutes added a dynamic to the elites due to the story change, but losing elites as an enemy took away from the experience, so being forced to play against 2 enemy groups that I did not enjoy in the same way changed how I was able to enjoy the campaign experience overall. (Drones fall under this tent for me too, and while I like Hunters, making them so much stronger/weapon resistant in their weak areas made them less fun to play against).

I would argue that making different Prometheans to fight would be interesting. The watchers were a pain, and the random teleporting knights were very hit and miss at times. No enemy is perfect, but from my experiences, I enjoyed the older games (especially in the early levels) due to how well the Covenant fit the atmosphere of the games. Mid to late in most of the games (including 4) seemed to lose that sense of wonder for me, and thus reduced my replayability of those portions. This is most true with 2/3 (which show precisely why the 1:1 weapon grouping between human/covie/other always seems so close). The beta looks to be making weapons more useful on their own, so we will see how this changes the enemy types and how fun it feels to fight anything they throw at us.

> 2533274892367695;11:
> > 2533274880692195;9:
> > > This is just my experiencephalitis replaying the game. However, I will support my statements:
> > > 1. That basically involves weapon balance, but resorts to making only few weapons usable (especially on legendary). Hence my bullet sponge comment. Being rushed was in itself a rush, but once you learn the process of taking them down, they just got annoying. My opinion.
> > > 2. This only happened when I replayed this recently in split screen. Mostly due to similar colors used on similar models. The anniversary cutscenes really showed how different the models should have been.
> > > 3. Again, one item mention for getting headshots. All others were melee attacks. So to beat the flood, it’s Rockets, shotty, melee. That made them less fun at higher difficulties om principle alone (I never cared for games that had specific guns for specific enemy types, but Halo wasn’t nearly as much this way before 3 (2 had its moments)). You have 2 weapons, not a clickwheel, afterall. It should promote wanting players to use more weapons all around, not force a handful on the player.
> > > 4. I agree with your statement. I hate that the noob combo is even useful (I just plain hate the pp, ever since h ce starts on blood gulch). I get weapons have their uses and ramges, but weapons in a game should be fun to play with. Halo 3 (to me) felt like it had the most underutilized sandbox in all of the Halo games, and the bloat from the brutes was less fun than even the Prometheans (again, in my opinion). Just a bunch of gray short range dual wielding guns, and a handful of other things (I’d take the grenades over the employee ones, though!).
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > 1. Yep, Halo 2 Legendary was a pain in the…you can finish off that thought. Actually, in regards to Brutes, I found the Carbine, the Battle Rifle, the Energy Sword, the Beam Rifle, the Needler, the Fuel Rod, the Rocket Launcher, the Plasma Grenade and the Energy Sword/Active Camo combination all very useful on Legendary. In Halo 3 and ODST it was back to the same old same old Noob Combo.
> >
> > 2. I never really had a problem with that even in co-op. The biggest problem I find with the original Halo 2 graphics was that enemies tended to blend in with their environment a lot more than any other Halo game. H2A fixed that–but made the problem worse for the Active Camo enemies.
> >
> > 3. Shielded flood were noob combo enemies. Pure forms were basically melee enemies, with the odd Ranged form requiring Plasma Rifles. Carrier forms I grenaded. Infection forms I used the Assault Rifle [about the only use it had]. Combat forms I just would use headshots. In Halo CE it was always the Pistol/Shotgun–and funnily enough, canonically and in Halo CE, sniper weapons do not work on the Flood–the shot just goes right through them. You need explosive rounds [Halo CE pistol] or otherwise a lot of bullets. I don’t think the Carbine or the DMR should work against the Flood–the Battle Rifle might be able to due to its three-round burst.
> >
> > 4. Oh, I’m fine with the fact that the Plasma Pistol is useful for some enemies. I just think that giving it an EMP effect for vehicles is just making it so useful in practically every situation that it’s a bad idea not to have one always equipped. Have separate weapons for EMP.
> >
> > 5. I think Brute weaponry was primal and vicious in both design and function, like you said previously. We had the Spiker [SMG], the Mauler [Shotgun Pistol], the Bruteshot [grenade launcher and melee weapon], the Brute plasma rifle, and the Gravity Hammer.
>
>
> plasma pistol if perfect as it is in Halo 3/odst/reach/4.

The plasma pistol as is breaks vehicle combat SO much. Especially in campaign .

> 2535458386964330;13:
> > 2533274892367695;11:
> > > 2533274880692195;9:
> > > > This is just my experiencephalitis replaying the game. However, I will support my statements:
> > > > 1. That basically involves weapon balance, but resorts to making only few weapons usable (especially on legendary). Hence my bullet sponge comment. Being rushed was in itself a rush, but once you learn the process of taking them down, they just got annoying. My opinion.
> > > > 2. This only happened when I replayed this recently in split screen. Mostly due to similar colors used on similar models. The anniversary cutscenes really showed how different the models should have been.
> > > > 3. Again, one item mention for getting headshots. All others were melee attacks. So to beat the flood, it’s Rockets, shotty, melee. That made them less fun at higher difficulties om principle alone (I never cared for games that had specific guns for specific enemy types, but Halo wasn’t nearly as much this way before 3 (2 had its moments)). You have 2 weapons, not a clickwheel, afterall. It should promote wanting players to use more weapons all around, not force a handful on the player.
> > > > 4. I agree with your statement. I hate that the noob combo is even useful (I just plain hate the pp, ever since h ce starts on blood gulch). I get weapons have their uses and ramges, but weapons in a game should be fun to play with. Halo 3 (to me) felt like it had the most underutilized sandbox in all of the Halo games, and the bloat from the brutes was less fun than even the Prometheans (again, in my opinion). Just a bunch of gray short range dual wielding guns, and a handful of other things (I’d take the grenades over the employee ones, though!).
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > 1. Yep, Halo 2 Legendary was a pain in the…you can finish off that thought. Actually, in regards to Brutes, I found the Carbine, the Battle Rifle, the Energy Sword, the Beam Rifle, the Needler, the Fuel Rod, the Rocket Launcher, the Plasma Grenade and the Energy Sword/Active Camo combination all very useful on Legendary. In Halo 3 and ODST it was back to the same old same old Noob Combo.
> > >
> > > 2. I never really had a problem with that even in co-op. The biggest problem I find with the original Halo 2 graphics was that enemies tended to blend in with their environment a lot more than any other Halo game. H2A fixed that–but made the problem worse for the Active Camo enemies.
> > >
> > > 3. Shielded flood were noob combo enemies. Pure forms were basically melee enemies, with the odd Ranged form requiring Plasma Rifles. Carrier forms I grenaded. Infection forms I used the Assault Rifle [about the only use it had]. Combat forms I just would use headshots. In Halo CE it was always the Pistol/Shotgun–and funnily enough, canonically and in Halo CE, sniper weapons do not work on the Flood–the shot just goes right through them. You need explosive rounds [Halo CE pistol] or otherwise a lot of bullets. I don’t think the Carbine or the DMR should work against the Flood–the Battle Rifle might be able to due to its three-round burst.
> > >
> > > 4. Oh, I’m fine with the fact that the Plasma Pistol is useful for some enemies. I just think that giving it an EMP effect for vehicles is just making it so useful in practically every situation that it’s a bad idea not to have one always equipped. Have separate weapons for EMP.
> > >
> > > 5. I think Brute weaponry was primal and vicious in both design and function, like you said previously. We had the Spiker [SMG], the Mauler [Shotgun Pistol], the Bruteshot [grenade launcher and melee weapon], the Brute plasma rifle, and the Gravity Hammer.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > plasma pistol if perfect as it is in Halo 3/odst/reach/4.
>
>
>
>
> The plasma pistol as is breaks vehicle combat SO much. Especially in campaign .

well sometimes plasma pistol is really really needed…

edit - if they would remove the emp effect (hope no) they must give us some weapon/vehicle to destroy vehicles. always. (I prefer to fight vehicle/vehicle, but if you don’t have a vehicle or rocket launcher or anything else, you surely need plasma pistol)

edit 2 - I also find that h4’s pistol has been nerfed in the right way

> 2535458386964330;12:
> > 2533274892367695;10:
> > > 2535458386964330;3:
> > > I never understood why people loved brutes so much (on higher difficulties, they are just rage endured bullet sponges). They were not very dynamic in Halo 2, but did standout from the elites (anyone else tk their covies squad in confusion as the arbiter?), and I have noticed replaying 3 that they are not quite as much fun (but the weapon sandbox has an effect on that too).
> > >
> > > I also didn’t really see the appeal of brute weapons - very primal in design, but not very well balanced (either OP or underpowered, and limited in range). Maybe it is just from playing everything side by side in the mcc, but I don’t really miss them…
> > >
> > > The flood for me is 50/50. The lore references them, but I hated playing against them after CE. The forced kills/pure forms just made them into cheap killing bullet sponges (headshot on them barely existed). If they bring them back, they could hopefully tune them to be fun to kill without being a giant wave of ammo sucking sponges as well.
> > >
> > > Elites, jackals, grunts, and Prometheans (if they gain some variety) seem like a good valance of enemy types.
> > >
> > > But to each their own, OP. They seemed so much more fun in cutscenes and books than in gameplay.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > wtf???
> >
> > brutes are fun to play against because they are different from elites but they are almost good as them.
> >
> > brutes weapons are powerful (see the brute shot, chopper - also the spiker!) and they are “brute weapons” and I miss them so much, they added aesthetic variety.
> >
> > floods in Halo CE/2 are too easy to kill, really… I almost finished the library on legendary on Halo Ce without dying, and I was playing veery relaxed u.u
> >
> > I want Halo 3’s flood back!!!
> >
> > all the other covenants have variety yet -.-
> >
> > aand I’d like to see how could you make a fps game where everything is compliant with books. making a game is a hard work!
>
>
>
>
> I make no attempt to say I can make a better game (I have a BS in Software Engineering, and am a certified .Net Software Developer, but that is no qualification for games). Nor do I wish for everything to be like the books (the games would be insanely harder, and covie/brute weapons would destroy all the human ones).
>
> I do not mean to offend anyone that enjoys the brutes/flood. I was passing my opinions on the games that featured them (liked 2 more than 3). I also established the color palette (mostly gray), weapon use (dual wieldable weapons were nerfed due to the mechanic itself, thus MOST brute weapons were nerfed), and variety of gameplay (most flood forms (aside from the plasma one mentioned above) required human weapons to be effective against, leading to explosives/shotty/pistols).
>
> I fell in love with Halo for the colorful environments and weapons, fun enemies (play/sound/looks). The flood offered a unique shift in CE, yet felt tiresome in 2/3 (all opinion here). The brutes added a dynamic to the elites due to the story change, but losing elites as an enemy took away from the experience, so being forced to play against 2 enemy groups that I did not enjoy in the same way changed how I was able to enjoy the campaign experience overall. (Drones fall under this tent for me too, and while I like Hunters, making them so much stronger/weapon resistant in their weak areas made them less fun to play against).
>
> I would argue that making different Prometheans to fight would be interesting. The watchers were a pain, and the random teleporting knights were very hit and miss at times. No enemy is perfect, but from my experiences, I enjoyed the older games (especially in the early levels) due to how well the Covenant fit the atmosphere of the games. Mid to late in most of the games (including 4) seemed to lose that sense of wonder for me, and thus reduced my replayability of those portions. This is most true with 2/3 (which show precisely why the 1:1 weapon grouping between human/covie/other always seems so close). The beta looks to be making weapons more useful on their own, so we will see how this changes the enemy types and how fun it feels to fight anything they throw at us.

XD dude… I started with Halo 3, my favourite level is the ark. and I also love Halo for its colours (there are also other motivations XD) but I love brute’s weapons and their palette XD but I think we see Halo in different ways :slight_smile:

for what concerns the enemies, I see them this way: (speaking aout fighting)

-Halo 3/odst brutes (favourite)
-Halo reach elites
-Halo 3 flood
-Halo 2/3/reach/odst hunters
-Halo 2 elites
-Halo reach brutes
-Halo 2 brutes
-Halo Ce elites
-Halo reach/4 grunts/jackals
-Halo 3/odst grunts/jackals
-Halo 2 grunts
-Halo Ce grunts
-Halo ce/2 flood
-Halo 4 hunters
-Halo 4 elites
-Halo 3/odst/reach drones
-Halo 2 drones
-Halo ce/2 jackals
-Halo ce hunters (one pistol shot XD)
-prometheans (almost hated)

maybe I forgot some enemy, but this should give you an idea of what I like when I fight in Halo :slight_smile:

(some of the “most hated” are too easy or too difficult, it depends by the enemy :slight_smile: )

it would be cool to see brutes return, they were my favourite enemy. i don’t really like the flood much and i hope they’re not back. I would much rather they introduce new enemy types though.

> 2533274892367695;15:
> > 2535458386964330;12:
> > > 2533274892367695;10:
> > > > 2535458386964330;3:
> > > > I never understood why people loved brutes so much (on higher difficulties, they are just rage endured bullet sponges). They were not very dynamic in Halo 2, but did standout from the elites (anyone else tk their covies squad in confusion as the arbiter?), and I have noticed replaying 3 that they are not quite as much fun (but the weapon sandbox has an effect on that too).
> > > >
> > > > I also didn’t really see the appeal of brute weapons - very primal in design, but not very well balanced (either OP or underpowered, and limited in range). Maybe it is just from playing everything side by side in the mcc, but I don’t really miss them…
> > > >
> > > > The flood for me is 50/50. The lore references them, but I hated playing against them after CE. The forced kills/pure forms just made them into cheap killing bullet sponges (headshot on them barely existed). If they bring them back, they could hopefully tune them to be fun to kill without being a giant wave of ammo sucking sponges as well.
> > > >
> > > > Elites, jackals, grunts, and Prometheans (if they gain some variety) seem like a good valance of enemy types.
> > > >
> > > > But to each their own, OP. They seemed so much more fun in cutscenes and books than in gameplay.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > wtf???
> > >
> > > brutes are fun to play against because they are different from elites but they are almost good as them.
> > >
> > > brutes weapons are powerful (see the brute shot, chopper - also the spiker!) and they are “brute weapons” and I miss them so much, they added aesthetic variety.
> > >
> > > floods in Halo CE/2 are too easy to kill, really… I almost finished the library on legendary on Halo Ce without dying, and I was playing veery relaxed u.u
> > >
> > > I want Halo 3’s flood back!!!
> > >
> > > all the other covenants have variety yet -.-
> > >
> > > aand I’d like to see how could you make a fps game where everything is compliant with books. making a game is a hard work!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I make no attempt to say I can make a better game (I have a BS in Software Engineering, and am a certified .Net Software Developer, but that is no qualification for games). Nor do I wish for everything to be like the books (the games would be insanely harder, and covie/brute weapons would destroy all the human ones).
> >
> > I do not mean to offend anyone that enjoys the brutes/flood. I was passing my opinions on the games that featured them (liked 2 more than 3). I also established the color palette (mostly gray), weapon use (dual wieldable weapons were nerfed due to the mechanic itself, thus MOST brute weapons were nerfed), and variety of gameplay (most flood forms (aside from the plasma one mentioned above) required human weapons to be effective against, leading to explosives/shotty/pistols).
> >
> > I fell in love with Halo for the colorful environments and weapons, fun enemies (play/sound/looks). The flood offered a unique shift in CE, yet felt tiresome in 2/3 (all opinion here). The brutes added a dynamic to the elites due to the story change, but losing elites as an enemy took away from the experience, so being forced to play against 2 enemy groups that I did not enjoy in the same way changed how I was able to enjoy the campaign experience overall. (Drones fall under this tent for me too, and while I like Hunters, making them so much stronger/weapon resistant in their weak areas made them less fun to play against).
> >
> > I would argue that making different Prometheans to fight would be interesting. The watchers were a pain, and the random teleporting knights were very hit and miss at times. No enemy is perfect, but from my experiences, I enjoyed the older games (especially in the early levels) due to how well the Covenant fit the atmosphere of the games. Mid to late in most of the games (including 4) seemed to lose that sense of wonder for me, and thus reduced my replayability of those portions. This is most true with 2/3 (which show precisely why the 1:1 weapon grouping between human/covie/other always seems so close). The beta looks to be making weapons more useful on their own, so we will see how this changes the enemy types and how fun it feels to fight anything they throw at us.
>
>
> XD dude… I started with Halo 3, my favourite level is the ark. and I also love Halo for its colours (there are also other motivations XD) but I love brute’s weapons and their palette XD but I think we see Halo in different ways :slight_smile:
>
> for what concerns the enemies, I see them this way: (speaking aout fighting)
>
> -Halo 3/odst brutes (favourite)
> -Halo reach elites
> -Halo 3 flood
> -Halo 2/3/reach/odst hunters
> -Halo 2 elites
> -Halo reach brutes
> -Halo 2 brutes
> -Halo Ce elites
> -Halo reach/4 grunts/jackals
> -Halo 3/odst grunts/jackals
> -Halo 2 grunts
> -Halo Ce grunts
> -Halo ce/2 flood
> -Halo 4 hunters
> -Halo 4 elites
> -Halo 3/odst/reach drones
> -Halo 2 drones
> -Halo ce/2 jackals
> -Halo ce hunters (one pistol shot XD)
> -prometheans (almost hated)
>
> maybe I forgot some enemy, but this should give you an idea of what I like when I fight in Halo :slight_smile:
>
> (some of the “most hated” are too easy or too difficult, it depends by the enemy :slight_smile: )

Definitely differing opinions, but that is the nature of perception (especially with the 6th game of a long running series).

As long as they are fun to play against, I will enjoy the enemies in campaign to some extent (Halo games have been some of my favorites since I was a kid, after all). I’ve found something to like about every one, and tirelessly played them all (my least played were reach/4, but that was because I was in college). If they added ODST (confirmed) and Reach to MCC, I would play them as well. For all the hate on the launch and matchmaking, I love the sp portion of MCC. Playing more Halo than I have in quite some time!

A MEN BROTHER!!! I miss them along with their weapons and vehicles.

DAMN OP YOU GET ME

I can hear Sarah Palmer now… “The Gravemind is back! Take him out to win!”

I’d be down for expanded characters in Warzone. Imagine a flood infestation midway through on a High Charity based map, any players killed by them have their bodies taken over like Halo 3 Marines. The Brutes on High Charity might suddenly become allies until you cleanse the infection, and then turn on you.

I would also like to see insurrectionists on a map, I thought that would have been great for Noctus, instead of Covenant defending the bases and monument at the start you have to fight Innies, later they come out with a Mantis or Hog and run around the map.