Brute Plasma Rifles instead of Elite. Why?

there are no brutes in Halo 5 exept for a mention of them at the end when Cortana is addressing all species in the universe. Why would 343 do Brute Plasma Rifles instead of Elite. Elites are way better that brutes anyway. Brutes are imbeciles.

The OG plasma rifle is basically just “assault rifle but PLASMA”. The two variants (Elite and Brute) actually existed way back in Halo 2. (though your Service record tells me you haven’t played anything before Reach) In Halo 2, the Brute Plasma Rifle functioned differently from the Elite, giving it its own place in the sandbox.
In Halo 4, 343 needlessly replaced the Plasma Rifle with the Storm Rifle. The only explanation I can see is that they determined that it should be longer since it functions like the AR. In Halo 5, they kept the Storm Rifle, although it now functions a bit more like an SMG, even though it overheats quickly.
You also need to remember that Halo 5 launched without the BPR. If the Elite Plasma Rifle suddenly showed up in multiplayer, it would bring up a question as to why the Elites in Campaign and Warzone weren’t using them, since they’re clearly still in production and usage. However, by adding in a weapon used by Brutes, they avoided those questions.
I, for one, am glad that each weapon is its own in some way, as opposed to just being “this is the Covenant version of the weapon you know”.

343 needed a weapon with their REQ updates and it’s likely they didn’t want two versions of a plasma rifle that Elites used since the Elites were already using one of them so the BPR would be the better choice.

The Storm Rifle was the replacement for the regular Plasma Rifle when Halo 4 came out. So, adding that back in wouldn’t make sense from the developers’ standpoint.

I liked the BPR more than the EPR anyway, it’s red and it sounds better also.

Ok. I grew up playing the trilogy but was too young for an official XBL membership. I now understand